When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us.
I'm so happy to see you back, Seven!!!! I was beginning to think you forgot about our home here. I see you've had the lawn maintenance and construction folks hard at work. It's looking GREAT!!!!!
Well, except for the hallways ~ underthere. Bring a flashlight next time and for goodness' sake: get someone to remove those old bodies (or what's left of them)!!! "Pee~uuw"!
So, what have you been doing with yourself, Seven? Any recent trips to The Triangle or other mysterious places? The Amazon Jungle? Utah? Montana? Exploring the Great Pyramids of Egypt? Old Romanian hunting and haunting grounds?
I have been doing things nearly as exciting. I did have perio laser surgery on the right side of my mouth 1 1/2 weeks ago. It hurt LIKE HELL afterwards!!! The, a blot clot formed around my last fang on the bottom and THAT HURT LIKE HELL (and throbbed and throbbed and throbbed).
The good news is that my perio checked me on Thrusday and was very impressed with my healing. He said he couldn't ask for it to look any better than it did!
But, the BEST news is that I get to do it ALL OVER AGAIN today!!! YAY me. (yes, that is sarcasm)
I just don't know what I'm looking forward to more: the 12 to 14 shots in my mouth, the smell of the laser burning gum tissue, the pain afterwards or being back on that lovely liquid diet for four days... hmmm....
:P
I did get to have some fun Friday night. I went to The Howlin' Wolf for Lillian Axe's cd release party (Deep Red Shadows is the cd) and a great time was had!!! Thankfully, my smile was working properly ~ and didn't hurt toooooo much ~ by then.
Here are some of my videos from that night if anyone would like to look and listen!
Why Seven! I do love when you "talk dirty to me"/us!
;)
(Please forgive me. We'll blame the friskiness on the Vicodin. Yes, that is what we will do!)
I forgot just how extra 'frisky' that stuff gets me. A good thing I don't have to take it often!
:P
And... Good morning Seven, Martha, Sweetcheeks, Ergo, anon, everyone!!!
How are you all today? Good and just the right amount of frisky, I hope.
Martha: I hope your friend finds their way back. I miss reading the banter between the two of you and NO too!!!
Sweetcheeks: How's that rash? Is it better today? Ohhh... what music were you downloading? I hear Buckcherry's latest is pretty damn good, old fashion pure rock~n~roll. I must get that one!
Ergo: Hello! How are things "down under" (as opposed to to 'under there')? Well, I hope it's all good!
My surgery went as well as well could be expected. (Those shots still hurt like hell and it was not pleasant afterwards.) But, Dr. R gave me the perfect patient award for the third time in a row and this time it only took an hour and half ~ the right side took over 2 hours.
Anyway, I AM DONE!!! With the surgery that is. The checks ups and followups will be a walk in the park... I'm sure!
Amy, J, L, MissT: If ya'll show up, a big HELLO to you ladies too!!!!
Well howdy and good mornin' to all those about. I hope it's a good Wednesday/Hump Day for you guys.
Hey there mj, how's things?
Good to see you posting here again sugarplum. I think it's been ages since we last saw you, lol. I've had major broken skin/rash under my arm for the last few days, it's been burning and itching immensely, but it's starting to feel better.
Oh boy, I can't even tell you how many songs I've downloaded over the weekend. I now have over 1,000 saved(Not in one weekend alone!) and the list just keeps on growing. I've been listening to a lot of Joan Jett, her old rock band The Runaways, David Bowie, a lot of folk/viking themed metal, and of course a lot of the 69 Eyes and Billy Idol.
There's a band from Germany that's new on the scene that I think you might like. They're called Lord of the Lost, and their debut album just came out back in February. I've been listening to their music for a few weeks now, and I'm falling in love with it. The front man resembles a bit of a young, tattooed Billy Idol. I definitely recommend them.
Well, let's see. Diana's doing really well; she starts chemo next Thursday. The path report from the hysterectomy came back showing trace amounts of cancer in the uterus, but nothing else. YAY! So she's ready to start her treatments.
My eyesight is improving after my cataract surgery.
My niece, Julia, took the TN bar exam last week and feels good about it.
I'm really glad to hear things are much better in your life J. Yeah I had an interview there but I'm probably gonna turn it down. I'm staying out for a while. Besides I got a concert to go to next month, heh. Is it still super hot down there?
Hotter than the fiery pits of Hell, as I like to say. Temps above 95 with heat index of 105+ every day for at least a week. It's supposed to cool off some this weekend, but then it goes right back up next week. How about you guys, still hot there?
That weather sounds so disgusting J. I hope you guys are handling it okay. Up by where my other relatives live in dallas I saw it was over 100 over there. I'm thankful I live up north. It's been somewhat hot but it's going back and forth today and some parts of the weekend it's gonna be comfortable in the low 80's. About the concert I'm gonna be seeing Alice in chains and I'm gonna try to go see Billy idol as he's coming to the city too
Ooh, Billy Idol! How fun! I loved his stuff in the '80s. "Dancing with Myself" was one of my favorites. Alice In Chains will be good, too. They play a lot of their new stuff on our radio station. My favorite of theirs is "Man In a Box", which I know is older but still great.
I love love love dancing with myself. Billy idol's voice is the sex for sure. I hear Alice in chains live shows are incredible. I only got into that band late last year but I love the new album though I gotta long way to go. Are there any shows you planning on going to?
Hey Ergo! So sorry to hear you're feeling badly. Hopefully your accounts won't feel the effect of the cold! Are you hangin around for a while?
No shows we're going to yet, BC, but there are several good ones coming to Knox Vegas. Deftones are coming sometime, which would be cool to see. Last show we saw was The Used, and it was great.
I'm having a rest with some vegemite on toast and a cup of tea so I'll be around. On a good point I realised I set the clock in my car incorrectly so I actually got home earlier than I thought!
That definitely sounds like a cold-related move there, Ergo! You ever wake up in the middle of the night, when you're sick, and think you're late for work or some other appt? And then get up and start getting dressed? I've done that before. Always feel like a moron.
Oh yes, not quite to getting dressed, but I wake up very confused, last night I thought I'd been asleep for hours and looked at the clock and it was only an hr after I'd gone to bed. We have our local fair this weekend as well, so awesome time to get a cold! lol
The Used were really good, BC, if you ever get a chance you should go see them. They played a small club here called The Valarium, which holds about 1000 people SRO. Three other bands opened with them, they were ok, but The Used were phenomenal.
Oh great, the fair, and you with a cold! How much of your food have you gotten made so far?
I took it all in this morning, find out how I went tomorrow when we go. I know I got a 2nd and 3rd in the photos and BG got a 1st for a drawing she did in the junior art section, she also decorated a flip-flop but that is being judged today so we'll see that tomorrow too. I am once again officially sick of boiling sugar lol
My friend has a drumstick from the Used, her then boyfriend wrestled it off someone for her and he made her a wooden display case, and she got Bert's water bottle, that he'd used, we thought it might culture into something but no luck.
Boiled sugar is never out of fashion, but oh my how it do be cloying after a while! What kinds of fudge did you make this year? Same as always? BG's getting into it now, I see. Hope both of you do marvellously this year!
Definitely do, BC, it's worth the price of the tickets! I'm just waiting for the new MCR tour to crank up. Ergo, when do you see Muse?
Yeah, Cali's a long way to go just to do retail! I always wanted to work in a music store; at the time, that was Record Bar. Now I guess it'd be Best Buy or something. Disc Exchange, more likely.
Well it's 1.00 here, so I think I'll go to bed. Goodnight Ergo, goodnight BC, I'm glad we got to talk tonight! See you later; rest well; Ergo, I hope you feel better.
Hartha: You didn't miss me! Although, It looks as though I missed you (and everyone else).
Those videos was hilarious, Martha!!! I particularly enjoyed the "A&R people" and "Band's Sound Man vs Local Sound Guy"!
~~"I don't give a rats ass what your laptop says. That sounds like DUNG!"~~
Timeless Conflicts indeed! LOL!!!
And, way to go California on overturning Prop 8!!! Let's just hope this victory sticks and is not overturned by the Supreme Court. We know a SC battle is coming.
:/
Sweetcheeks: The music you've been downloading sounds great to me!!! I'll have to check out this "Lord Of The Lost". A young Billy Idol you say? YUM!
I'm so glad you're going see AIC next month and I hope you get to see Billy too!!!
Sending you "closer to home" job getting vibes!!!
Ergo: Congratulations on the ribbons and way to go BG!! I hope you feel better today! Thanks for "oral wishes" too! It's feeling a little better each day. It's still going to be another 3 or so days before my smile is working (properly/without pain) again... and longer before I'm able to chew anything substantial.
Oh, how I miss PIZZA, soft chicken tacos, chicken burritos, veggie lasagne, fried eggplant, nuts, berries, corn on the cob, brocolli, baby carrots, shrimp salad...
Great. Now I'm starving and must grab another chocolate fudge pudding!
J: It's good to see you around "blog chatting" again!!! It's been a long time since we all had a good blog gathering/chat. (I'm just sorry I missed it!)
I'm happy to hear your eyesight has cleared and happy to hear Diana is doing better!! I'm hoping the chemo is as gentle on her as possible.
Well, I'm off to eat my pudding! I hope you all have a wonderful night/morning!!!
I am sorry i missed you 6. Just do what I did when i had to have teeth pulled. Eat the food you want but do it really slowly. I ate pizza after having my wisdom teeth pulled.
Hi there discussion anon, that's a great line you posted.
This is probably not the super sappy romantic line, but it's one of my favorite quotes from the movie The Crow:
"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."
Hey guys.
Sugarplum, thanks for the good luck vibrations. I'm sure I'll be needing them. Billy Idol's concert may be tough to go to since it lands on the same week as my AIC concert D:
I found one, smtod, what do you think of this one?
I can hear your melting heart.
Good old Robert Palmer. :)
Hey everybody! Hope all is well. I'm trying to stay off the computer as much as possible tonight, give my eye a rest. Will catch you all later. BYEEEE!
I thought the makes me wanna die song was pink. Boy was I surprised to see it was that little girl from gossip girl. I hate that show and I am not a big fan of the whole trying to hard to be cool thing that Taylor Momsen is trying to do. I was expecting a different voice from what she had
I didn't say why the movie was only ok. It was lacking something. i am not sure what it was. the acting wasn't bad or the story. Yet It was only ok. I haven't read the comic it was based on but from what i have heard from some people it is one of those books that is written as if the author knows it will become a movie. maybe it would be better to say he wants it to become a movie.
Seven, nice to see you again. Hope you are well and out of the hallway!
Hey to Martha, B.C., Ergo, Wendy, ?, Anons, and STTOD. Waiting to see No One and Martha's Friend. Not sure if N.O. is still stuck in the basement with...whatever project they were working on..
A romantic line...let's see...I like this one from Judy Garland.
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and talk to you later.
*comes in singing, swaying and dabbing eyes with tissues*
~~Standing alone on a hill overlooking the ocean Darkness sets in but the sun will never shine home again What will I say to my mother who knew this would come It's the same old song It grows louder and louder
Feed your flesh have your say Apathy's King today Why such a crying shame? It's a sad day on planet Earth It's a sad day
I remember the day when I felt the cord being severed we ventured too far as our purity melted into the dirt Why can't we see that the end is the beginning It's the same old song It grows louder and louder"~~
^Lyrics and Music by Steve Blaze/Lillian Axe
*is in LOVE with Deep Red Shadows ~ especially "A Minute of Years" (effin BRILLIANT song), "Under The Same Moon" (more brilliance), the acoustic versions of "The Day I Met You" (I cried ~ again! So beautfiful), "Nobody Knows", Sad Day on Planet Earth (more crying)*
WOW!!!! Just WOW!!!!!! And DAMNnnnnn!!!!*
Oh hell, I LOVE THEM ALL!!!
Here's the track listing: 1. Under The Same Moon 2. 47 Ways to Die 3. The Quencing of Human Life 4. A Minute of Years 5. Nobody Knows 6. The Day I Met You :) 7. Sad Day on Planet Earth 8. Nocturnal Symphony 9. Deep Red Shadows (gorgeous instrumental)
*needs more tissues*
Be back in a bit! I hope everyone is well and good!!!
Hugs and Much Love, ~Namaste~ 6/Wendy
*pounces on Lisa, Martha and Sweetcheeks and smothers with kisses on her way out*
*finishes singing Sad Day on Planet Earth on the way out*
~~I watched the planets and heavens collide And all I could do was bow down Dry, no saliva, unquenchable thirst Silence the deafening sound Wake up and see what we've done
Close your eyes, fall asleep Mercy please your soul to keep Devil comes, Golden lies, Sweet caress dead surprise
Told you once, warned you twice Give your bleeding hand to the world Hoping it will save you It's a sad day on planet Earth It's a sad sad day on planet Earth It's a sad day on planet Earth
What you say How you feel What you do it's time for rebirth~~
Ooops! Until I return and if you're looking for a great cd review to read while I'm gone, you may read this one from Metal Temple!:
:D
~~Lillian Axe Deep Red Shadows by Grigoris Chronis at Sun 3:08 PM
Picture a Rock bar on a weeknight…“last round”…03:30a.m. or whatever. Not more than half a dozen of die-hard rockin’ vagabonds. One has really nothing to wake up for the next day, the other flirting with disaster since his everlasting love waved bye bye all at once, a couple chattin’ serenely in the back and another outlaw talkin’ everything with an exiled yet un-apprehensive bartender. To the theoretical sound of any of the fresh portion off the new LILLIAN AXE tracklist everyone’s going down. A cigarette, lighters strike twice, another drink to go and the aura becomes tempting yet quite hard to handle. The wasteland of everyone’s psychic becomes the best company money can buy at the time…
Steve Blaze is the man I’d like to share dates at a vacation camp with, by the way. His looks and only in the personal photo in the band’s MySpace page is self-explanatory. The man’s flirted with ‘hair’ Metal, radical Hard Rock and steel-calm Rock for more than 20 years and has possibly never cared why the mass underestimated his charisma. Not more than 13 months after the solemn “Sad Day On Planet Earth”, while preserving the same lineup, Steve offers a piece of art. Another piece of art. And pieces of art seem to be priceless to many (hence no grade will you find at the end of this review). Whoever’s familiar with the LILLIAN AXE moniker knows.
Part 1: Five brand new songs, penned and produced by Steve Blaze, mixed by Rob Hovey and mastered by Ty Tabor (KING’S X), form a fresh palette spreading colors in notes with the band flirting with Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, New Rock and even 70s progressive Rock. In a total of 30 minutes you see LILLIAN AXE trespassing the moody atmosphere of the band’s 2009 predecessor and rapidly imagine a county lake with calm waters and the sun and moon exchanging places to the blink of an eye. You can meet PINK FLOYD’s and ELOY’s space tranquility here, TOOL’schronic diversity spews on the rebound, late DOKKEN’s melancholic fanfare and possibly LILLIAN AXE’s post-80s archives buffering in between, that’s where the new songs of “Deep Red Shadows” take hold of your repose. If being asked, “Under The Same Moon” progresses through flattering Hard/Heavy emotions, “47 Ways To Die” gallops to a quest for square bliss, “The Quenching Of Human Life” is quantal and poised yet smooth and cogent, “A Minute Of Years” shows signs of longitude and the “Deep Red Shadows” instrumental outro deafeningly heals the withering soul. Get a load of this and roll forth to the second part, now. LILLIAN AXE does not resemble to any other band, anyway. Not one.~~
Part 2: Four remakes in acoustic mode. Four favorite LILLIAN AXE classics (yeap, bands that never entered the charts have classics, too) driving the die-hard fan nuts. I always believed enough of the band’s everlasting hymns have a suicidal attribute lurking but that’s probably a double-faced dominion of Steven Blaze’s poetic charisma, again said. “Nobody Knows” was in 1988’s “Lillian Axe” LP, “The Day I Met You” storms in from 1993 and “Psychoschizophrenia” opus and “Sad Day On Planet Earth” with “Nocturnal Symphony” belong to 2009’s predecessor. The impressive thing ‘bout this remakes (especially the first couple, aging to 20 years old by now) is that they show no sign of wear and could comfortably be included as the rest of ‘new songs’ to this new album for those not on warm relation with the American band’s past discography.
Steve Blaze and LILLIAN AXE has gone wild; wild at the fan’s inner world. They always had this moody aspect in their music, even when they were credited as ‘poser’ party rockers in their 80s commercial(?) heyday, but time does tell and after so many years the band has settled down writing one piece of art after the other. Few times has tranquil sagacious music created such piercing emotional conflicts in our days, I confess.~~
Hiya seven, so great to see you back here. I've been uber busy this week but I got here in the end.
MissT: If ya'll show up, a big HELLO to you ladies too!!!!
*runs in panting* I'm here Wendy! *bends over with hands on knees* Damn I'm knackered now.
Blimey, lots of surgery on this blog. Wendy and OPJ, I'm glad yours went well. I hope Diana's goes gwell too. That's great news that only trace amounts of the cancer in her uterus.
I just watched Kick ass. It was an ok movie, could have been way better. Hit girl was the best part of the movie.
MJ, I just watched that myself last week with mum and sis when I went back to Sheffield. In my opinion Hit girl made that film.
BC sweetie, good luck with the job hunting and interviews.
Ergo, get well soon sweetie. I sure am missing your jokes from Mayos.
Well, I've been really busy working 6 days this week and I've got 6 next week too. Tonight I have decided that I deserved a reward and as a result I have eaten so much pizza I am having difficulty moving hahahah!
Well, it's been great to read you all again.
Take care and I'll try to catch up again soon.
*leaves cookies for everyone* You'd better have these cos I don't have any more room in my pizza filled belly.
Miss T, good to see you!! Thank you for the good luck wishes. Granted, I'm only planning on finishing up school in the next two years, and I'm officially done. Been trying to look for a program within my area for events management or catering or something that I can use my creativity on. Interior decorating would be nice. I hope you don't blow up from all that pizza. I eat so much pizza myself but I don't have a pizza buddy to share it all with.
But it's not my fault Chicago deep dish is so damn good :/
Lol. Take care Miss T *hugs*
MJ,
That's too bad about Kick Ass. I really want to go see that movie. I'll still be able to now that my brother has the DVD of it, muhahaha.
Hi there L!!! How is you? I hope you're well!
Anon,
Great quote you got there!
I've been spending most of my Saturday on the phone with my phone company trying to fix my stupid internet modem. It was no fun whatever >_<
I hope everyone has/had a good Saturday. See y'all later!
Hi BC hope your modem gets fixed up, dealing with phone companies is always a huuuuge joy, not.
Hey missT! good to see you, hope they aren't working you too hard, though I know a gorge on pizza always makes me feel better. I'll start posting a joke a day ehre, I miss looking them up too, always gave me a new one to tell mates.
A woman is having a bad day at the roulette tables in Vegas. Down to her last $100, completely exasperated, she cries, "What horrible luck! What in the world should I do now?" A gentleman next to her, trying to calm her down a bit, calmly suggests, "I don't know... Why don't you play your age?" He walks away. Moments later, his he is intrigued to hear a great commotion at the roulette table. Maybe, she won! Rushing back to the table and pushing his way through the crowd, he is stunned to see the lady lying limp on the floor, with the table operator kneeling over her. He asks, "What happened? Is she all right?" The operator replies, "I don't know, buddy.... She put all her money on 29. When 36 came up she fainted!"
Hey there J. I finally did. After all the drama of calling the phone company at least three times the past week, buying a new router, reinstalling wires and cables, talking to employees who barely can speak a word of English, and all that other crap :S
I can't believe that such a piece of shit modem could cause so much trouble, lol.
Oh, I know. Nothing equals the dread I feel when I have to call Dell or Earthlink. It's as if there's only one problem in the world, and they only have one solution for it: "Have you rebooted your computer?" AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
I don't feel real crash hot today, I think I overdid it a bit yesterday and then didn't sleep really well. But I'm up and about so it isn't that bad, just a bit droopy feeling and tissue needing.
That's pretty much how I feel,I want to do stuff but just don't really feel up to it. I told DH he'll have to drive us down to pick up our entries after the show closes, as I don't feel up to driving today.
I'm just lying about on the chair outside reading Valley of the Dolls, I got it for 30c at a second hand place as I'd never read it.
How are you going? Your vision back to normal again yet?
Not yet, it's still kind of fuzzy, and if I read too much or spend too much time on the computer *cough* it goes slightly double. But maybe once they take me off some more of these drops, it'll clear up more. I can read bigger things with it, and sometimes the smaller print shows through. Slow, but coming.
She's pretty good, having a sleepy day today. Otherwise, she's been doing well fibro-wise. One of these days she'll come on and talk, if I can get her to stay up later! She does say "HI!" to everyone, though.
This song And I'd give up forever to touch you Cause I know that you feel me somehow You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment And all I can breathe is your life Cause sooner or later it's over I just don't want to miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's made to be broken I just want you to know who I am
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming Or the moment of truth in your lies When everything seems like the movies Yeah you bleed just to know your alive
And I don't want the world to see me Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's made to be broken I just want you to know who I am Chorus
I don't want the world to see me Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's made to be broken I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am I just want you to know who I am I just want you to know who I am I just want you to know who I am
When Hugh Jackman came up behind a friend of his friend, pulled her hair away from behind her neck where upon he gently kissed her and wished her a Happy Birthday.
Shame she fainted when she turned around and saw who it was. :)
Martha, I love that song. I wonder if the sprinklers silenced the boombox? I wonder how Kick Ass would be, haven't watched it yet, but it looked pretty good. Nothing seems to be as good as the books for anything though. I want to see Inception and Salt.
Wendy, how's the teeth and gums? Still frisky on Vicodin? :) Hope you are felling much better.
Speaking of feeling much better, how are you doing, Ergo? is your cold still hangin on? And a HUGE CONGRATS for retaining your crown for sweet maker of the year! Way to go! I missed your jokes, nice to see them here!
B.C., I've been to Chicago twice and have yet to try the deep dish pizza. I need to make sure I find some the next time I'm there. But I sure know where the Sears Tower is! The first time we were there, we got lost trying to leave the city. We could see the interstate, but couldn't get to it. We wound up doubling back several times, and each time we went by the Sears Tower, so after a while it was like "European Vacation", replacing Big Ben with "Look kids, Sears Tower" LOL
Hey MISS T.! Good to see you too. How's work going? And did you ever find your neighbor? Seems like he was missing the last I remember. It's nice to see you and your tassels! Have you still got your yellow knickers? :)
I love the songs and quotes being posted. So sweet. The world needs a little love and romance.
It's been hot here today, but not as hot as it has been. I was out earlier and the temp at the bank was 88F. Which feels like a cold wave from the 96-98 we've been having. Add the humidity and the heat index has been 105-115. I bet that still feels cool to Wendy, though. There is no place in America that has more humidity and heat than NOLA in the summer. Southern Georgia comes close (Atlanta's pretty rough too) but I think NOLA has it beat.
Hey also to Seven, Martha's Friend, No One, ?, anons and STTOD. Talk to you guys later on, take care.
Hey L, good to see you! A couple of pizza joints I recommend if you ever come back to Chicago is Pizzeria Uno's, Gino's East, and Giodano's, but there's lots of other places too, it's just hard to pick, but I know there's places that can deliver deep dish pizza throughout the entire country.
If you're a newcomer and never been to Chicago before, it does tend to get easy to get lost because it's such a big city. Third largest in the country after New York and L.A. Maps and guides are definitely recommended for sure.
Sadly, they changed the name of Sears Tower now :/
Hey there anons.
Awww, looks like we got a couple of love anons on the blog as well ;)
Great quotes too. It's a night of a new True Blood episode in less than three hours, so I'll be preparing to watch it in a bit. This season has been great so far.
"And though we are as nothing to the stars that shine above You are my universe, you are my love." -James Taylor, "There We Are"
Hey everybody, I won't be on tonight, trying to rest my eye for my appt tomorrow. L looks like she's gonna come entertain you later, so I'll leave it to her. Later!
Aug 6, 1.30 PM: I love that one, it's beautiful. :)
That's good L. Tonight is pretty warm outside. I hate it, but I'm dealing. I just got done watching True Blood, so sorry if I didn't respond earlier. I'm doing okay, thanks.
Yeah, they renamed the Sears Tower Ellis Tower I think. I'm not liking it :/
~~A-wop-bop-a-loo-lop-a-lop-bam-boom Tutti frutti, good booty *(see musical factoid below) Tutti frutti, good booty Got a girl, named Sue she knows just what to do Got a girl named Sue, she knows just what to do She rock to the east She rocks to the west She's the one that I know best Tutti frutti, au rutti~~
Did you all have a nice Sunday/weekend? I hope you all did!
5:55 a.m: Thank you!!! I'm happy to be "in a varying degree of successful post operational recovery"! (Boy, was that a mouthful; and, it's not easy putting that much in my mouth these days!)
I was able to do some actual chewing on my right side today. Since that side was done first and it has been 16 days since that surgery. I figured that was close enough to day 20 and what I would be "allowed" to eat then!
So, I went to the grocery store and bought two lovely trout fillets and broiled them. I had one of those (in very small bites) with some yummy mashed veggies and angel hair pasta and cheese sauce. I was in solid food heaven.
Lisa: You are correct!!! We are the heat and humidity capitol of the USA. They don't call us "The American Tropics" for nothing! Walking outside is like walking into a sauna turned up about 50 degrees too high. It's air you wear!
I'm glad to hear your fibro has been slightly more under control! Did your doctor ever get your new medications adjusted?
Sweetcheeks: I want some of that Chicago deep dish pizza!!! Will you take me to a good pizzaria when I come visit?
I'm glad to hear you, finally, got your communications problem fixed!
And, crap! I missed True Blood. And, I think this was the episode with OTEP's song "HEAD"! They were great at the HOB last month!!!
That woman is a tiny, beautiful, powerhouse! She can sing, rap, growl, howl, scream... everything!!
I must watch True Blood at 11:00 or midnight now. I must check for the proper time!
MissT!!!: It's so good to see your smiling name and read you again!! How's my favorite law enforcement officer? I'm not calling you my favorite just because I'm hoping you can get a good deal on fancy London handcuffs for me either!
L, lol, yeah everyone still calls it the Sears Tower. I know I still do. I can't picture it with any other name.
True Blood was a bit boring at first, but the ending was just raw and ass kicking. I mean, wow. I'm loving the new season so far. There's about three episodes left until the season finale.
I think J mentioned to me yesterday that you were a little under the weather or something? Are you doing okay?
Martha: Hello to you too!!! Whatcha doing tonight? Did you ever start watching True Blood? Ohhh... are you watching Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Haven on Sci~fy?
I think Warehouse 13 and Eureka are having their best seasons yet. Well, I believe it's only the second season for W13; but, it's even better than last season!
Jen: I'm sorry to hear your eyes are still giving you reading and computer viewing problems. Hopefully, that will clear up soon!!
Ergo: Again, congratulations and I hope your cold is clearing up!!!
Amy: Where are you? Are you and Mr. still vacationing or are ya'll up to your necks in wedding plans (and stress and anxiety)? I hope it's not the S and A!
Okay, I have laundry to tango with (and untangle too).
Ooops! Before I forget: I'm loving the romantic quotes and songs too. "City Of Angels" is one of my favorite romantic movies/chick flicks. It's so sad though. Sad but beautiful!
Have a fun and/or restful and relaxing night, everyone! Sweet dreams to one and all!!!
Hugs and Much Love, ~Namaste~ 6/Wendy
*Those were the original lyrics. Little Richard was forced to change the words "good booty" to "au rutti" (slang for "all right") to make the recording more commercial/acceptable for airplay.
Little Richard was inducted into the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame in 2009. His name is right alongside other greats such as: Fats Domino, Buddy Guy, Pete Fountain, Satchmo (Louis Armstrong), Allan Toussaint, Randy Jackson... oh, and the most recent inductees... LILLIAN AXE!!! Haha! I just had to mention that ~ here!
PS: Don't worry, Sweetcheeks! I'll work on getting Phil Anselmo inducted into the LA Music Hall of Fame next year. Lil Wayne too!!!
:P
You know. I always thought Phil would be inducted first (before Steve Blaze and Lillian Axe). But, I do believe they inducted the right people first. Steve really is a brilliant songwriter, poet and musician! I think he/they did deserve to be the first "hard rock/metal" inductee!
Hey there sugarplum, how is you? I'm glad to hear the surgery was a success! Is your teef feeling more better?
True Blood tonight was a bit on the non action side, but the ending was totally worth it! I heard Otep was having one of their songs play on this episode as well. If you're in central daylights time as I, the rerun should start at about 10:30.
My modem is fixed....for now. But I've had problems with it today, but I discovered it's probably because the phone jack is a bit loose so it has to be attached to the wall again.
If you come visit to Chicago, I'll sure bring you to some great pizzerias
That trout sounded very good. Hopefully you will soon be back eating regular food. I can see why you guys are called the American Tropics. What has the temps and humidty been during this heat wave? I had a doctor's appt yesterday with my regular doctor. I was so happy to see her back. She was out on maternity leave for six months and now she's back. Some of the docs covering for her were definitly not her. She's so good. She changed one of my meds, doubled it, so we will see how that goes.
B.C., I'm feeling better today. Bout of fatigue yesterday, just part of it. Usually I'm up and going the next day, as long as I'm not in a flare, and if I am, all bets are off!
HI and bye wendy have a great day, glad you're eating solids again
hey J good to see you, hope the new regimen helps your symptoms
hi BC glad your modem is back to normal
I'm feeling a bit exhausted, pushed through the weekend so today I am just resting a lot. Nothing pressing to do except tutor a bit later. Cats and I are all having a curl up in the warm day. Cold is being a typical cold, I have strategic tissue boxes about the house
sweet dreams L and I'll try to fight off the Snot Fairy, lol
Overall I like Roger Moore's suaveness and I think his movies were lighter and more entertaining. Sean Connery was very good too though, he was more full on action I liked George Lazenby as well, though he only did the one. The newer guys I don't like as much, though they do it well, but I think that is because I got used to the others
yes I came down with the cold on Thursday last week, had a really busy week and weekend so I am catching up rest today, it's not too bad, esp with tablets to clear my head just feel a bit run down. Hopefully it'll be getting better by tomorrow.
As for 007 not really into him. Funny you should ask one of the podcast I listen to asked the same question. They all agreed it was the one they have now.
I put some pics of my chicks at my blog, the 9 surprise ones that we didn't know about. They are getting pretty big now, we have 7 hens and 2 roosters, we'll have to partition off part of the hen yard for the 2 roosters, so our current one doesn't try to kill them, probably do that next weekend so they can go in with all the others.
That's ok MJ, the pics will still be there, I'll add new ones in a couple of weeks. They look like feathery dinosaurs now, all long legs and little bodies.
The best fudge recipe you have in your recipe files.
Chocolate Fudge Recipe 2 1/2 c Sugar 1/2 c Margarine or butter 2/3 c Evaporated milk 1 Jar marshmallow creme 2 c Semi sweet chocolate chips 1 ts peanut butter 3/4 c Chopped walnuts or pecans (opt) 1 ts Vanilla
Line 9 inch square or 13x9 inch pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan; butter foil. In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add marshmallow creme and chocolate chips; blend until smooth. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into buttered, foil-lined pan. Cool to room temperature. Score fudge into 36-48 squares. Refrigerate until firm. Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil; remove foil from sides of fudge. Using large knife, cut through scored lines. Store in refrigerator. Makes about 3 pounds--36-48 squares.
Ep I think it would e great to have em that big again. We could be like the Flintstones. One big chicken wig at the fast food place that would over turn your car
Well, thank you Seven. Although I don't see why my comment had to be deleted. I thought I was quite respectful and that article really is an interesting read. Oh well. Easy come, easy go!
It's good to see you around still keeping such a watchful eye on your home. And, it is your home to delete at will!
Take care, Seven!
*blows kisses to all*
Martha: I hope you caught the bones, coconut bra and brontosauras burger comment. If not, I'll tell you later!
;)
Sweetcheeks and Lisa: The same goes for "True Blood/Otep's "Head" and my broiled trout!
Nice to see you Seven and thank you for erasing the comments. I didn't get to see which ones but I can imagine.
Curled up with a cup of tea sounds nice, Ergo. Just a little to hot here for it right now, but I love a hot cup of coffee in the early morning. Or two. Or three... Glad you're feeling some better.
~~"R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find out what it means to me R-E-S-P-E-C-T Take care, TCB
Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me) A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me) Whoa, babe (just a little bit)"~~
Good morning/evening Seven, AMY!!!!, NO, Martha, Martha's Friend (if you're still anywhere around), Sweetcheeks, L and J, MissT, Ergo, 98.6 percent of the anons and other folks!
How are you all today? Well and blister free (unlike Amy), I hope!
Thank you ~ again ~ Seven. I have always appreciated your views on respect. I am sorry if I upset you by addressing you with a question I should have addressed to blogger.
I suppose my comment fell victim to The Blogger Triangle or The Blogspot Blackhole! Oh well and Cest le vie!
Amy: WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry to hear about your blisters and OWs. I am happy to see you back and I hope you and Mister had a wonderful vacation (up until the blisters and OWs part).
Sweetcheeks: You and I do live in the same time zone and you were correct about True Blood coming on at 10:30. WOW!!! Were those great final scenes with Otep's "Head" playing, or what?!!
Sookie rode that vamp like they would never see another sundown again!!!!
:P
How's your rash? Is it all gone?
Martha: Did you ever get to see "Orphan"? I finally saw it last night and...
O_O
that's all I'm saying.
L: I would send my broiled trout recipe to you; but, I'm sure you know how to broil trout. LOL! It's not that difficult! Trout, butter, lemon, salt, pepper, some (optional) fresh parsley... that's about it.
Oh, and an oven and pan, of course.
;)
Ergo: I hope your feeling better!
Well, I suppose that is all for now. Take care, everyone!
Hugs and Much Love, ~Namaste~ 6/Wendy
PS: L and J ~ I have not required any vicodin in quite a few days. So, I'm no longer "extra" frisky. I'm just back to my usual, normal frisky! I think it's safe for me to get back to twitter now!
Thank you 7. It is sad there were some nice anons. But you know what they say a few rotten apples spoil the bunch.
Hope all is well with you.
6 nope I haven't seen that movie yet. I just last week got around to seeing Crank 1 and 2. I only saw girl with the dragon tattoo because it was on my netflix instant watch.
Hey everyone, hope you guys are staying cool if the weather is scorcing where you're at. It sure is a muggy one today here.
Seven, thank you for deleting those disrespectful comments.
To the nice anons that may be lurking, I hope you stop by again :)
Sugarplum, The last scenes from Sunday's episode definitely made it up. That was some pure raw, nasty, aggressive sex going on. I had to admit even I was taken completely by surprise. I mean, wow. I was cheering on for Jessica to come help Sookie and she did. That was awesome of her, and she killed that big bad ole' wolf too!
My rash is almost gone, only problem now is the skin's a bit dry, so there's been some itching, but it's getting better for sure.
Hey there mj, ergo, amy, J, L, anyone else I missed. I'm bout to go swimming.
thanks 7, it is though a real shame for the nice anons, but what can you do.
I feel a lot better today, and we had a huge storm come through last night, all lightning and thunder, got a lot of rain too which will be great for the garden.
Have a great swim BC and try some vitamin E on your skin, get some capsules and squeeze out the oil is best.
Wendy, I had a good vacation, Mister sat home and moped because he couldn't get the time off to come with me. He's had his little break though, and we're planning on going rafting down the river this weekend to make up for the time alone we missed.
Speaking of things I've missed, how IS everyone doing? Mom and I finally agreed on a bunch of wedding stuff so I've minimized that stress right out of my life, and I have some free time now!
Howdy do Seven, Amy, Martha, Sweetcheeks, J and L, Ergo, MissT, everyone!!!
How's everyone doing today? Wonderful (or close to wonderful), I hope!
Seven: I'm happy to hear you weren't upset. I too, completely, understand your reasons for no longer allowing anonymous comments (for the time being).
Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! (I'm on idiom trip these days ~ in case you all didn't notice! *wink*) And, that one just seems so appropriate considering!
You know, your name/blog name and the Garth Brooks song "Do What You Gotta Do" from the "Sevens" album!
Amy: I've been doing fine, thanks for asking! Well, most of me is fine and what isn't will be ~ sooner rather than later ~ I hope!
Ohhh... you went on a Mister~less vacation! I thought he went with you. Well, I suppose it's kind of a good thing he didn't. Afterall, I might be miffed at him for not offering to carry you when poor feets started aching and feeling those "a blister's coming" burns.
Grrrr...
;)
I'm glad to hear you and your mom have reached a peaceful "wedding planning" existence. I hope it lasts!!!
Sweetcheeks: That was some hot, intense, animalistic SEX wasn't it?! OH MY!
*stars fanning self*
I think I need to turn the AC down a a couple of notches just thinking about those scenes! Or, join you in a nice, long swim!
I hope you had a good one, yesterday.
Martha: What's new with you, today? Any movie recommendations for us? I have added "Kick Ass" to my list and I finally saw (your once recommended) "Jennifer's Body"!
I did enjoy that one! I especially enjoyed the moral: Don't lie about being a virgin!
(You could be forced to roam your part of the Earth and eat your classmates and friend's boyfriend ~ thereby pissing her off!)
Okay, so that might not have been the "actual" moral (I don't there was supposed to be one of those); but, it's what I got from the movie!
:P
J: How's D. doing? Wasn't she supposed to start chemo this week? I hope she's doing okay and I hope you're okay as well!
Gotta run for now. It's bed stripping and sheet washing/changing day. I LOVE fresh sheets!!!
Enjoy the remainder of the day, everyone! Take care!!!
bit of sad animal news, Pecky the chicken died last night, we think she got a condition called sour crop where something she has eaten (and she ate anything) blocked the crop. We tried treating it once we realised something was wrong, it isn't something they often recover from apparently. She was though nice and warm in her box. So RIP Pecky you were a good hen.
Just watched Alice in Wonderland. It was ok. Not as bad as some people made it out to be.
It was a short movie but maybe that was a good thing. I think they could have gotten a better Alice. She was a little flat. Maybe even a different White and Red queen.
They weren't bad but like Alice I think they were a bit flat.
The Queens and alice could have been a bit more out there.
Been a busy week for me, am just now getting to relax a little and not go outside and sweat. :)
Wendy, yes, Diana started chemo this morning. Haven't talked to her so don't know how it went/is going. They told her the 1st session could take up to 6 hours or more, just b/c they go slowly. Tuesday I took her to have the port put in and to have an EKG. That all went fine, btw. The port itself isn't as big as we thought it would be. It's a tube about 6 inches long that runs from her carotid artery to a half-dollar-sized "button" under the skin of her right shoulder. That's where all the injections etc go, then flow thru the tube directly into her veins.
*pant pant* Sorry for the overly detailed comment, but there's a lot to talk about there!
Amy, so glad to see you again! Hope you had a good vacation.
Martha: thanks for approving me on Twitter!
Ergo, my condolences for Pecky. Poor baby.
BC, how's the computer doing?
Seven, thanks for getting rid of the nasty anon comments. We appreciate you.
I'll be back maybe later, maybe tomorrow. Depends on how tired I am later!
My romantic quote of the day: "The world is a more glorious place now that I have found you."--Anonymous
BC sweetie, Good luck with finding something you can put your creativity into. I'm sure you'll find your path eventually sweetie. In the meantime, pizza's a good way to cheer yourself up hee hee!
Yay Ergo, great to see the jokes back. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my laugh fix with mayos a dud now.
Get well soon. I hope the snot clears up.
Good to see you! You too, Miss T! *snog*
*snogs back to OPJ* Hope you're well and happy sweetie. Love your snot fairy theory. Damn that bitch though hahahah.
Hey MISS T.! Good to see you too. How's work going? And did you ever find your neighbor? Seems like he was missing the last I remember. It's nice to see you and your tassels! Have you still got your yellow knickers? :)
Hiya OPL sweetie, hope everything's just dandy. Work is good, I'm kept busy, too busy this week. The damn neighbour came back. My tassles are always ready for swinging. I have yellow knickers a plenty.
MissT!!!: It's so good to see your smiling name and read you again!! How's my favorite law enforcement officer? I'm not calling you my favorite just because I'm hoping you can get a good deal on fancy London handcuffs for me either!
LOL Wendy, you can have some nice spangly new handcuffs anytime sweetie.
I'm so glad you can eat again.
STTOD, that sounds like a lip smackingly good recipe.
Welcome back Amy, I hope you had a great trip. Ooo river rafting sounds fun.
Anonymous said... Oh dear. :(
It happened here too? I left a link to here, for Elena and Welshie, over at Mayo's.
It sure would be nice to have Elena and Welshie here.
Hiya Seven, so sorry that you are having problems with mean anons. I would have hoped that any anons here would be nice. No need for anything else.
Hiya MJ sweetie, so would you recomend Alice in Wonderland? I've not seen it yet as I just wasn't sure. I really enjoyed kick ass though. I'm not really into comic book films but that was really different and funny I thought.
Well, nice chatting peeps but I'd better be off to bed now.
BC sweetie, Good luck with finding something you can put your creativity into. I'm sure you'll find your path eventually sweetie. In the meantime, pizza's a good way to cheer yourself up hee hee!
Yay Ergo, great to see the jokes back. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my laugh fix with mayos a dud now.
Get well soon. I hope the snot clears up.
Good to see you! You too, Miss T! *snog*
*snogs back to OPJ* Hope you're well and happy sweetie. Love your snot fairy theory. Damn that bitch though hahahah.
Hey MISS T.! Good to see you too. How's work going? And did you ever find your neighbor? Seems like he was missing the last I remember. It's nice to see you and your tassels! Have you still got your yellow knickers? :)
Hiya OPL sweetie, hope everything's just dandy. Work is good, I'm kept busy, too busy this week. The damn neighbour came back. My tassles are always ready for swinging. I have yellow knickers a plenty.
MissT!!!: It's so good to see your smiling name and read you again!! How's my favorite law enforcement officer? I'm not calling you my favorite just because I'm hoping you can get a good deal on fancy London handcuffs for me either!
LOL Wendy, you can have some nice spangly new handcuffs anytime sweetie.
I'm so glad you can eat again.
STTOD, that sounds like a lip smackingly good recipe.
Welcome back Amy, I hope you had a great trip. Ooo river rafting sounds fun.
Anonymous said... Oh dear. :(
It happened here too? I left a link to here, for Elena and Welshie, over at Mayo's.
It sure would be nice to have Elena and Welshie here.
Hiya Seven, so sorry that you are having problems with mean anons. I would have hoped that any anons here would be nice. No need for anything else.
Hiya MJ sweetie, so would you recomend Alice in Wonderland? I've not seen it yet as I just wasn't sure. I really enjoyed kick ass though. I'm not really into comic book films but that was really different and funny I thought.
Well, nice chatting peeps but I'd better be off to bed now.
Thanks Mj and J she was fun to raise and it was sad to see her go. But Chickens go downhill fast unfortunately. I think she either ate a bit of Badger's bones or her dog food and it got stuck. I hadn't heard of it but from googling it can be something as simple as too much grass - who knew? She's buried up in the garden now.
Apart from that everything is good, I am actually feeling normal again (well close to) still a bit of a snuffle. It's actually feeling like winter here too, bloody cold wind, but insanely blue skies :] it was about 4C on our back veranda last night, we maybe even had a very light frost!
hey missT! Sorry I haven't done any for a while but now I'm better they'll be back!
oh I enjoyed Alice, but I didn't think it was as good as it could have been, maybe as it was toned down for kids? Visually it is wonderful, and Johnny Depp is great but like MJ said, just misses the "fantastic" mark
J, my modem is totally messed up. So in the morning, I have to call the bastards at AT&T to request a new one. Apparently my brother's girlfriend also had a similar problem with her modem as we did. So it's requesting another one, or go to the store and buy it there.
Anyways, all the best wishes to your sister. I hope the chemo treatments go well, and I hope you guys are doing well too.
Miss T,
Thank you! And best wishes, I hope you become a wonderful police officer. Now we just need to build a place of worship for the almighty pizza :D
Ergo,
Sorry to hear about your hen. She sounded adorable :( Good to hear you're feeling better!
Sugarplum,
I hope the weather down there in the South is better. I'm hearing things about over 100 degree temps down there. Stay cool~ Unfortunately, there's a slight chance I may be returning to those horrible temps by way of going back to Dallas possibly this month. Hopefully we can finally cross over to Louisiana and steal some gumbo and jimbalaya, and some donuts too, heh. Hope your family is good, and your teef too!
Hey there mj, hope you're good.
That's it for now. House sitting calls. Later guys!
The Blondes at the college university felt like they just didn't fit in. Everywhere on campus they felt ridiculed and were tired of other students assuming they were just stupid bimbos out for sex. They wanted to feel like blondes belonged at the school.
A few of them pressured the administration to set up a new department especially for blondes. After much discussion, the university agreed and set up the Blonde Education Department.
The blondes were ecstatic. They now have a department of their own where they could gather without being ridiculed. The blonde college students finally felt like they belonged and were proud of it. They wanted other students to see that they weren't just stupid bimbos, after all, they now had their own "department" at the university.
They now all proudly wear the official sweatshirt of the Blonde Education Department, which sports the saying: "I Belong in B.E.D."
~~"Jambalaya, crawfish pie, fillet gumbo.. 'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou!"~~
Good morning everyone (Seven, Martha, Sweetcheeks, L and J, Ergo, MissT, Amy, ghosts of blogs past, present and future)!
Did you all have a nice yesterday? I hope so! And, I hope today is even better.
Ergo: I'm sorry to hear about Pecky. I'm sure was a happy hen and a wonderful layer who enjoyed lots of "good girl" pats when she laid a nice bunch of eggs for you and the family. And, I know you did everything you could to help her and make her comfortable at the end. Rest in peace (in the big chicken coop in the sky), Pecky.
Martha: I agree about Alice in Wonderland. It was a good movie; just not a great movie. Aesthetically is was gorgeous and Johnny Depp is brilliant ~ as he always is!
Thanks for commenting on my brand, spanking new, hot off the presses, poem too!!!
Sweetcheeks: It HAS been hotter than the ninth circle of hell this summer. Most of my flowers died and the few tomatoes and eggplant I planted didn't do very well either. The bell peppers look okay. They're still nice and green (I planted them in the shade!) But, the peppers aren't growing very large. And, I lost two of my beautiful Rose of Sharon hedges due to the heat. They just shriveled up, turned brown and died. Now I only have three left. (I lost six of them with the freezes with had during winter.)
:(
I'm sorry to hear you're still having modem trouble. I hope they come fix it (or bring you a new one) soon!!!
And, I hope you do get to visit and cross the Texas/Louzianna border. You really must try the jambalaya, gumbo and all the wonderful bisque! And, don't forget you HAVE to try the boiled crawfish. You can't miss your opportunity to "suck the head and pinch the tail"!
Jen: I'm happy to hear D's port "installation" went well! I hope her first chemo treatment wasn't too rough on her. 6 hours is a long time to sit there and watch those meds drip... and think and wonder. I hope she's staying in good spirits thinking about her positive prognosis (once all the chemo is over and done with)!
Lisa: HELLO!!! Where iz you these days?
MissT: Awwww... thank you!!! If ya'll have any other spare, sparkley "you've been a bad bad boy (or girl, as the case may be)" toys, please feel free to unburden the clutter on me!
;)
How's your mom doing? No more rat attacks, I hope!
Amy: How's the blisters? All gone, I hope!
Seven: I hope you're well and staying cool ~ or warm ~ whichever is needed and/or desired!
Enjoy the day, all!!!
Always remember: "Attack the shark that's swimming closest."
1,513 comments:
1 – 200 of 1513 Newer› Newest»Good to see a new post Seven. Does it have anything to do with Mayo's shutting down?
Hello Seven
Good to see you're about, hope you are well
Hi BC
Hi there Ergo, how are you?
I'm good thanks BC, doing some cooking and trying to get my accounting done, while being easily distracted by anything lol
How about you?
That's good. I'm downloading a few songs and eating, and nursing a big rash, but going back and forth.
Hi 7,
Good to see you are well
Hello BC and EP.
Zero and under there.
hiya MJ
sorry BC had to go out
hope the rash isn't too bad, you doing something to clear it up?
1. It is good to see you, Seven. Hmmm, underneath what?
*theories in tumble mode*
2. Mr Bell was not only clever he was also wise.
2. No one should ever equate themselves to zero. Now stop that line of thought now.
3. I don't. :)
Would have like to have said goodbye and thank you to him/her however.
good morning MJ. Got to dash sorry. :)
*enters back yard*
*sees lights on inside*
*notices nice, new, big, glass, sliding door*
*sees it's open*
*runs throuuu uuuuuuuuu...... OUCH*
>_<
Okay, who forgot to put the decals on that sliding glass door so we'll know when it's closed?!
;)
Hello Seven, Sweetcheeks, Martha, Ergo, Anon, everyone!!!!
I'm so happy to see you back, Seven!!!! I was beginning to think you forgot about our home here. I see you've had the lawn maintenance and construction folks hard at work. It's looking GREAT!!!!!
Well, except for the hallways ~ underthere. Bring a flashlight next time and for goodness' sake: get someone to remove those old bodies (or what's left of them)!!! "Pee~uuw"!
So, what have you been doing with yourself, Seven? Any recent trips to The Triangle or other mysterious places? The Amazon Jungle? Utah? Montana? Exploring the Great Pyramids of Egypt? Old Romanian hunting and haunting grounds?
I have been doing things nearly as exciting. I did have perio laser surgery on the right side of my mouth 1 1/2 weeks ago. It hurt LIKE HELL afterwards!!! The, a blot clot formed around my last fang on the bottom and THAT HURT LIKE HELL (and throbbed and throbbed and throbbed).
The good news is that my perio checked me on Thrusday and was very impressed with my healing. He said he couldn't ask for it to look any better than it did!
But, the BEST news is that I get to do it ALL OVER AGAIN today!!! YAY me. (yes, that is sarcasm)
I just don't know what I'm looking forward to more: the 12 to 14 shots in my mouth, the smell of the laser burning gum tissue, the pain afterwards or being back on that lovely liquid diet for four days... hmmm....
:P
I did get to have some fun Friday night. I went to The Howlin' Wolf for Lillian Axe's cd release party (Deep Red Shadows is the cd) and a great time was had!!! Thankfully, my smile was working properly ~ and didn't hurt toooooo much ~ by then.
Here are some of my videos from that night if anyone would like to look and listen!
~~An eye for eye, a heart for a heart
that's the way that we play~ay~ay
Up in the clouds, where angels fly
You take my breath away...
... You're the DREAM OF A LIFETIME~~
~~DEEPFREEZE!!! Still such a great song, me thinks!~~
~~Steve Blaze guitar solo ~ on one of his signature guitars ~ and TRUE BELIEVER!!!~~
~~THE GRAND SCALE OF FINALITY~~
~~I'd love to make your dreams come true...
I'll show you how
Here's what you do
SHOW A LITTLE LOVE!!!
Good Lord, can that man play that geetar or what?!
Well, I suppose I should jump in the shower and ready myself for today's fun oral activities.
I hope you all have a great day.
Thanks, Seven!!!
Hugs for all!!!!!
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
Good Morning 5:59 and 6. Now all we need is N.O.and My Friend.
*rethinks the "underthere" and "zero" thing*
Why Seven! I do love when you "talk dirty to me"/us!
;)
(Please forgive me. We'll blame the friskiness on the Vicodin. Yes, that is what we will do!)
I forgot just how extra 'frisky' that stuff gets me. A good thing I don't have to take it often!
:P
And... Good morning Seven, Martha, Sweetcheeks, Ergo, anon, everyone!!!
How are you all today? Good and just the right amount of frisky, I hope.
Martha: I hope your friend finds their way back. I miss reading the banter between the two of you and NO too!!!
Sweetcheeks: How's that rash? Is it better today? Ohhh... what music were you downloading? I hear Buckcherry's latest is pretty damn good, old fashion pure rock~n~roll. I must get that one!
Ergo: Hello! How are things "down under" (as opposed to to 'under there')? Well, I hope it's all good!
My surgery went as well as well could be expected. (Those shots still hurt like hell and it was not pleasant afterwards.) But, Dr. R gave me the perfect patient award for the third time in a row and this time it only took an hour and half ~ the right side took over 2 hours.
Anyway, I AM DONE!!! With the surgery that is. The checks ups and followups will be a walk in the park... I'm sure!
Amy, J, L, MissT: If ya'll show up, a big HELLO to you ladies too!!!!
Enjoy the day, everyone!!!
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
hi
hi martha.
hi 6.
hi 7.
Well howdy and good mornin' to all those about. I hope it's a good Wednesday/Hump Day for you guys.
Hey there mj, how's things?
Good to see you posting here again sugarplum. I think it's been ages since we last saw you, lol. I've had major broken skin/rash under my arm for the last few days, it's been burning and itching immensely, but it's starting to feel better.
Oh boy, I can't even tell you how many songs I've downloaded over the weekend. I now have over 1,000 saved(Not in one weekend alone!) and the list just keeps on growing. I've been listening to a lot of Joan Jett, her old rock band The Runaways, David Bowie, a lot of folk/viking themed metal, and of course a lot of the 69 Eyes and Billy Idol.
There's a band from Germany that's new on the scene that I think you might like. They're called Lord of the Lost, and their debut album just came out back in February. I've been listening to their music for a few weeks now, and I'm falling in love with it. The front man resembles a bit of a young, tattooed Billy Idol. I definitely recommend them.
I'm off for the day. Take care guys.
Hey there question mark anon, hope you're day is well.
Prop 8 is no more! :)
good morning!
Glad the surgery went ok wendy (won't say "well"a s I'm sure it wasn't good,lol) hoping you recover quickly
All good here, in the Land Down Under, gotten a bit colder, which is nice seeing as it is winter. Been busy with usual work and home stuff.
hope you're well BC and MJ
hi anons
I heard about that mj. It's awesome news for those who's pushing for equal marriage rights. Awesome :)
Hi Ergo
I saw that on our news, well done California!
Is a tired, slightly bedraggled, sweltering punk girl still welcome around these parts?
Haven't been anywhere in months...I've missed you guys!
I plan to come back tonight and chat awhile, if that's alright.
Hi BC, Martha, Ergo, Wendy, anon/s, ?, and, of course, Seven, our fearless leader. Good to see you back, O Favorite Number of Mine. :)
Later, all! Go Prop 8!
Good afternoon again, and a happy Thursday to all.
Hey there J, good to see you around again. Long time no see here! I hope things are good. I might stop by later on and chat as well. See you later!
And that's about it. Later guys.
5 Timeless Musician Conflicts, Rendered In Hilarious Animated Form
Halloo! Anyone about?
J are you still here? How is you? Long time no see here!
Hey BC! I'm still here. I iz pretty good, howz you?
I'm doing alright J, thanks for asking. How's things?
Well, let's see. Diana's doing really well; she starts chemo next Thursday. The path report from the hysterectomy came back showing trace amounts of cancer in the uterus, but nothing else. YAY! So she's ready to start her treatments.
My eyesight is improving after my cataract surgery.
My niece, Julia, took the TN bar exam last week and feels good about it.
Fur babies are doing well.
Didn't I read you have a job interview in SF?
I'm really glad to hear things are much better in your life J. Yeah I had an interview there but I'm probably gonna turn it down. I'm staying out for a while. Besides I got a concert to go to next month, heh. Is it still super hot down there?
Hotter than the fiery pits of Hell, as I like to say. Temps above 95 with heat index of 105+ every day for at least a week. It's supposed to cool off some this weekend, but then it goes right back up next week. How about you guys, still hot there?
What concert are you going to?
That weather sounds so disgusting J. I hope you guys are handling it okay. Up by where my other relatives live in dallas I saw it was over 100 over there. I'm thankful I live up north. It's been somewhat hot but it's going back and forth today and some parts of the weekend it's gonna be comfortable in the low 80's. About the concert I'm gonna be seeing Alice in chains and I'm gonna try to go see Billy idol as he's coming to the city too
Ooh, Billy Idol! How fun! I loved his stuff in the '80s. "Dancing with Myself" was one of my favorites. Alice In Chains will be good, too. They play a lot of their new stuff on our radio station. My favorite of theirs is "Man In a Box", which I know is older but still great.
Hello I have a cold and I've been doing accounts in town all day - not a good combination
nice to see you J!
I love love love dancing with myself. Billy idol's voice is the sex for sure. I hear Alice in chains live shows are incredible. I only got into that band late last year but I love the new album though I gotta long way to go. Are there any shows you planning on going to?
Hey there ergo get well soon!
Hey Ergo! So sorry to hear you're feeling badly. Hopefully your accounts won't feel the effect of the cold! Are you hangin around for a while?
No shows we're going to yet, BC, but there are several good ones coming to Knox Vegas. Deftones are coming sometime, which would be cool to see. Last show we saw was The Used, and it was great.
I'm having a rest with some vegemite on toast and a cup of tea so I'll be around.
On a good point I realised I set the clock in my car incorrectly so I actually got home earlier than I thought!
That definitely sounds like a cold-related move there, Ergo! You ever wake up in the middle of the night, when you're sick, and think you're late for work or some other appt? And then get up and start getting dressed? I've done that before. Always feel like a moron.
Get well soon ergo :) How was the used show, j? Alot of fun?
Oh yes, not quite to getting dressed, but I wake up very confused, last night I thought I'd been asleep for hours and looked at the clock and it was only an hr after I'd gone to bed.
We have our local fair this weekend as well, so awesome time to get a cold! lol
The Used were really good, BC, if you ever get a chance you should go see them. They played a small club here called The Valarium, which holds about 1000 people SRO. Three other bands opened with them, they were ok, but The Used were phenomenal.
Oh great, the fair, and you with a cold! How much of your food have you gotten made so far?
I took it all in this morning, find out how I went tomorrow when we go.
I know I got a 2nd and 3rd in the photos and BG got a 1st for a drawing she did in the junior art section, she also decorated a flip-flop but that is being judged today so we'll see that tomorrow too.
I am once again officially sick of boiling sugar lol
My friend has a drumstick from the Used, her then boyfriend wrestled it off someone for her and he made her a wooden display case, and she got Bert's water bottle, that he'd used, we thought it might culture into something but no luck.
That sounds really good J. I'll probably keep my eye if they come over here.
Boiled sugar is never out of fashion, but oh my how it do be cloying after a while! What kinds of fudge did you make this year? Same as always? BG's getting into it now, I see. Hope both of you do marvellously this year!
Definitely do, BC, it's worth the price of the tickets! I'm just waiting for the new MCR tour to crank up. Ergo, when do you see Muse?
I make choc fudge and caramel fudge, plus boiling is in coconut ice and marshmallows. So the smell of it gets a bit much after a while.
We see Muse Dec 5th, very looking forward to it :]
I saw you aren't going to do that interview BC, it was a long way to travel, very off the offered it to someone so far away
Did you ever try the peanut butter fudge recipe I sent you? Just curious as to how it might've turned out.
What was the job for, BC? I never asked that.
J, it was in retail sales. But that's okay though, I'm gonna apply here. I certainly need the money to pay off my school tuition.
no I haven't yet, but I do have it printed out in my sweets file. I might do it around xmas this year.
Yeah, Cali's a long way to go just to do retail! I always wanted to work in a music store; at the time, that was Record Bar. Now I guess it'd be Best Buy or something. Disc Exchange, more likely.
Let me know how it turns out if you do make it, ok?
surely will!
Well it's 1.00 here, so I think I'll go to bed. Goodnight Ergo, goodnight BC, I'm glad we got to talk tonight! See you later; rest well; Ergo, I hope you feel better.
Goodnight J, sweet dreams. It was good to talk to you again too!
goodnight J sweet dreams
I am off for the night. Night ergo get better soon!
Thanks BC, I'm resting up sweet dreams
Looks like I missed everyone. goodight
*comes in singing*
"Anytime or anyplace I turn around and I see your face
I'm a true believ~a~a~eer"
:)
Greetings Seven, Martha, Sweetcheeks, Ergo, J, everyone!
How are you all, tonight? All's good, I hope!
Hartha: You didn't miss me! Although, It looks as though I missed you (and everyone else).
Those videos was hilarious, Martha!!! I particularly enjoyed the "A&R people" and "Band's Sound Man vs Local Sound Guy"!
~~"I don't give a rats ass what your laptop says. That sounds like DUNG!"~~
Timeless Conflicts indeed! LOL!!!
And, way to go California on overturning Prop 8!!! Let's just hope this victory sticks and is not overturned by the Supreme Court. We know a SC battle is coming.
:/
Sweetcheeks: The music you've been downloading sounds great to me!!! I'll have to check out this "Lord Of The Lost". A young Billy Idol you say? YUM!
I'm so glad you're going see AIC next month and I hope you get to see Billy too!!!
Sending you "closer to home" job getting vibes!!!
Ergo: Congratulations on the ribbons and way to go BG!! I hope you feel better today! Thanks for "oral wishes" too! It's feeling a little better each day. It's still going to be another 3 or so days before my smile is working (properly/without pain) again... and longer before I'm able to chew anything substantial.
Oh, how I miss PIZZA, soft chicken tacos, chicken burritos, veggie lasagne, fried eggplant, nuts, berries, corn on the cob, brocolli, baby carrots, shrimp salad...
Great. Now I'm starving and must grab another chocolate fudge pudding!
J: It's good to see you around "blog chatting" again!!! It's been a long time since we all had a good blog gathering/chat. (I'm just sorry I missed it!)
I'm happy to hear your eyesight has cleared and happy to hear Diana is doing better!! I'm hoping the chemo is as gentle on her as possible.
Well, I'm off to eat my pudding! I hope you all have a wonderful night/morning!!!
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
Ooops! Sorry I renamed you, Martha!
Hartha = Martha
Goodnight, everyone! Sweet dreams to one and all!
FAKE SCIENCE
Good Morning
I am sorry i missed you 6. Just do what I did when i had to have teeth pulled. Eat the food you want but do it really slowly. I ate pizza after having my wisdom teeth pulled.
Most romantic lines you've ever heard.
They can come from songs, movies, books, poems, tv, podcasts, real life.
One I heard recently
Maybe I could stay if I loved you a just little bit less.
Swooning permitted.
Maybe I could stay if I loved you just A little bit bit less
Hi there discussion anon, that's a great line you posted.
This is probably not the super sappy romantic line, but it's one of my favorite quotes from the movie The Crow:
"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."
Hey guys.
Sugarplum, thanks for the good luck vibrations. I'm sure I'll be needing them. Billy Idol's concert may be tough to go to since it lands on the same week as my AIC concert D:
Hello,
Sorry smtod I can't think of any songs.
I found one, smtod, what do you think of this one?
I can hear your melting heart.
Good old Robert Palmer. :)
Hey everybody! Hope all is well. I'm trying to stay off the computer as much as possible tonight, give my eye a rest. Will catch you all later. BYEEEE!
Hello Everybody,
I just watched Kick ass. It was an ok movie, could have been way better. Hit girl was the best part of the movie.
But I did like two songs that they played on the ending credits.
MIKA, RedOne - Kick Ass (We Are Young)
he Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die
I thought the makes me wanna die song was pink. Boy was I surprised to see it was that little girl from gossip girl. I hate that show and I am not a big fan of the whole trying to hard to be cool thing that Taylor Momsen is trying to do.
I was expecting a different voice from what she had
I didn't say why the movie was only ok. It was lacking something. i am not sure what it was. the acting wasn't bad or the story. Yet It was only ok. I haven't read the comic it was based on but from what i have heard from some people it is one of those books that is written as if the author knows it will become a movie. maybe it would be better to say he wants it to become a movie.
I also saw the Girl with the dragon tattoo. It was a pretty good movie. it is subtitled just so you know.
Hey! How is everyone?
Seven, nice to see you again. Hope you are well and out of the hallway!
Hey to Martha, B.C., Ergo, Wendy, ?, Anons, and STTOD. Waiting to see No One and Martha's Friend. Not sure if N.O. is still stuck in the basement with...whatever project they were working on..
A romantic line...let's see...I like this one from Judy Garland.
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and talk to you later.
Lisa
from Westside Story
"Only you, you're the only thing I'll see forever. In my eyes, in my words and in everything I do."
*comes in singing, swaying and dabbing eyes with tissues*
~~Standing alone on a hill overlooking the ocean
Darkness sets in but the sun will never shine home again
What will I say to my mother who knew this would come
It's the same old song
It grows louder and louder
Feed your flesh have your say
Apathy's King today
Why such a crying shame?
It's a sad day on planet Earth
It's a sad day
I remember the day when I felt the cord being severed
we ventured too far as our purity melted into the dirt
Why can't we see that the end is the beginning
It's the same old song
It grows louder and louder"~~
^Lyrics and Music by Steve Blaze/Lillian Axe
*is in LOVE with Deep Red Shadows ~ especially "A Minute of Years" (effin BRILLIANT song), "Under The Same Moon" (more brilliance), the acoustic versions of "The Day I Met You" (I cried ~ again! So beautfiful), "Nobody Knows", Sad Day on Planet Earth (more crying)*
WOW!!!! Just WOW!!!!!! And DAMNnnnnn!!!!*
Oh hell, I LOVE THEM ALL!!!
Here's the track listing:
1. Under The Same Moon
2. 47 Ways to Die
3. The Quencing of Human Life
4. A Minute of Years
5. Nobody Knows
6. The Day I Met You :)
7. Sad Day on Planet Earth
8. Nocturnal Symphony
9. Deep Red Shadows (gorgeous instrumental)
*needs more tissues*
Be back in a bit! I hope everyone is well and good!!!
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*pounces on Lisa, Martha and Sweetcheeks and smothers with kisses on her way out*
*finishes singing Sad Day on Planet Earth on the way out*
~~I watched the planets and heavens collide
And all I could do was bow down
Dry, no saliva, unquenchable thirst
Silence the deafening sound
Wake up and see what we've done
Close your eyes, fall asleep
Mercy please your soul to keep
Devil comes, Golden lies,
Sweet caress dead surprise
Told you once, warned you twice
Give your bleeding hand to the world
Hoping it will save you
It's a sad day on planet Earth
It's a sad sad day on planet Earth
It's a sad day on planet Earth
What you say How you feel What you do
it's time for rebirth~~
Ooops! Until I return and if you're looking for a great cd review to read while I'm gone, you may read this one from Metal Temple!:
:D
~~Lillian Axe
Deep Red Shadows
by Grigoris Chronis at Sun 3:08 PM
Picture a Rock bar on a weeknight…“last round”…03:30a.m. or whatever. Not more than half a dozen of die-hard rockin’ vagabonds. One has really nothing to wake up for the next day, the other flirting with disaster since his everlasting love waved bye bye all at once, a couple chattin’ serenely in the back and another outlaw talkin’ everything with an exiled yet un-apprehensive bartender. To the theoretical sound of any of the fresh portion off the new LILLIAN AXE tracklist everyone’s going down. A cigarette, lighters strike twice, another drink to go and the aura becomes tempting yet quite hard to handle. The wasteland of everyone’s psychic becomes the best company money can buy at the time…
Steve Blaze is the man I’d like to share dates at a vacation camp with, by the way. His looks and only in the personal photo in the band’s MySpace page is self-explanatory. The man’s flirted with ‘hair’ Metal, radical Hard Rock and steel-calm Rock for more than 20 years and has possibly never cared why the mass underestimated his charisma. Not more than 13 months after the solemn “Sad Day On Planet Earth”, while preserving the same lineup, Steve offers a piece of art. Another piece of art. And pieces of art seem to be priceless to many (hence no grade will you find at the end of this review). Whoever’s familiar with the LILLIAN AXE moniker knows.
Part 1: Five brand new songs, penned and produced by Steve Blaze, mixed by Rob Hovey and mastered by Ty Tabor (KING’S X), form a fresh palette spreading colors in notes with the band flirting with Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, New Rock and even 70s progressive Rock. In a total of 30 minutes you see LILLIAN AXE trespassing the moody atmosphere of the band’s 2009 predecessor and rapidly imagine a county lake with calm waters and the sun and moon exchanging places to the blink of an eye. You can meet PINK FLOYD’s and ELOY’s space tranquility here, TOOL’schronic diversity spews on the rebound, late DOKKEN’s melancholic fanfare and possibly LILLIAN AXE’s post-80s archives buffering in between, that’s where the new songs of “Deep Red Shadows” take hold of your repose. If being asked, “Under The Same Moon” progresses through flattering Hard/Heavy emotions, “47 Ways To Die” gallops to a quest for square bliss, “The Quenching Of Human Life” is quantal and poised yet smooth and cogent, “A Minute Of Years” shows signs of longitude and the “Deep Red Shadows” instrumental outro deafeningly heals the withering soul. Get a load of this and roll forth to the second part, now. LILLIAN AXE does not resemble to any other band, anyway. Not one.~~
Boy, this one writes long (but GREAT) reviews!
~~
Part 2: Four remakes in acoustic mode. Four favorite LILLIAN AXE classics (yeap, bands that never entered the charts have classics, too) driving the die-hard fan nuts. I always believed enough of the band’s everlasting hymns have a suicidal attribute lurking but that’s probably a double-faced dominion of Steven Blaze’s poetic charisma, again said. “Nobody Knows” was in 1988’s “Lillian Axe” LP, “The Day I Met You” storms in from 1993 and “Psychoschizophrenia” opus and “Sad Day On Planet Earth” with “Nocturnal Symphony” belong to 2009’s predecessor. The impressive thing ‘bout this remakes (especially the first couple, aging to 20 years old by now) is that they show no sign of wear and could comfortably be included as the rest of ‘new songs’ to this new album for those not on warm relation with the American band’s past discography.
Steve Blaze and LILLIAN AXE has gone wild; wild at the fan’s inner world. They always had this moody aspect in their music, even when they were credited as ‘poser’ party rockers in their 80s commercial(?) heyday, but time does tell and after so many years the band has settled down writing one piece of art after the other. Few times has tranquil sagacious music created such piercing emotional conflicts in our days, I confess.~~
:D again!
Martha: I must now see "Kick Ass"!!!
Lisa: It's so good to see you!!!
Okay, now I must be off for awhile.
*blows kisses*
*apologizes for the commenting/music "spam"*
Hey ho - I am once again Champion Sweet maker in our district :]
But I still have my cold :[
But the day and night at the fair last night was fun :]
but BG is a dangerous bumper car driver lol
hope everyone is good.
Hiya guys, how are you all?
Hiya seven, so great to see you back here. I've been uber busy this week but I got here in the end.
MissT: If ya'll show up, a big HELLO to you ladies too!!!!
*runs in panting* I'm here Wendy!
*bends over with hands on knees*
Damn I'm knackered now.
Blimey, lots of surgery on this blog. Wendy and OPJ, I'm glad yours went well. I hope Diana's goes gwell too. That's great news that only trace amounts of the cancer in her uterus.
I just watched Kick ass. It was an ok movie, could have been way better. Hit girl was the best part of the movie.
MJ, I just watched that myself last week with mum and sis when I went back to Sheffield. In my opinion Hit girl made that film.
BC sweetie, good luck with the job hunting and interviews.
Ergo, get well soon sweetie. I sure am missing your jokes from Mayos.
Well, I've been really busy working 6 days this week and I've got 6 next week too. Tonight I have decided that I deserved a reward and as a result I have eaten so much pizza I am having difficulty moving hahahah!
Well, it's been great to read you all again.
Take care and I'll try to catch up again soon.
*leaves cookies for everyone*
You'd better have these cos I don't have any more room in my pizza filled belly.
Nighty night.
Hey there guys.
Congrats Ergo! :D
Miss T, good to see you!! Thank you for the good luck wishes. Granted, I'm only planning on finishing up school in the next two years, and I'm officially done. Been trying to look for a program within my area for events management or catering or something that I can use my creativity on. Interior decorating would be nice. I hope you don't blow up from all that pizza. I eat so much pizza myself but I don't have a pizza buddy to share it all with.
But it's not my fault Chicago deep dish is so damn good :/
Lol. Take care Miss T *hugs*
MJ,
That's too bad about Kick Ass. I really want to go see that movie. I'll still be able to now that my brother has the DVD of it, muhahaha.
Hi there L!!! How is you? I hope you're well!
Anon,
Great quote you got there!
I've been spending most of my Saturday on the phone with my phone company trying to fix my stupid internet modem. It was no fun whatever >_<
I hope everyone has/had a good Saturday. See y'all later!
Hi BC hope your modem gets fixed up, dealing with phone companies is always a huuuuge joy, not.
Hey missT! good to see you, hope they aren't working you too hard, though I know a gorge on pizza always makes me feel better.
I'll start posting a joke a day ehre, I miss looking them up too, always gave me a new one to tell mates.
A woman is having a bad day at the roulette tables in Vegas. Down to her last $100, completely exasperated, she cries, "What horrible luck! What in the world should I do now?"
A gentleman next to her, trying to calm her down a bit, calmly suggests, "I don't know... Why don't you play your age?"
He walks away. Moments later, his he is intrigued to hear a great commotion at the roulette table. Maybe, she won!
Rushing back to the table and pushing his way through the crowd, he is stunned to see the lady lying limp on the floor, with the table operator kneeling over her.
He asks, "What happened? Is she all right?"
The operator replies, "I don't know, buddy.... She put all her money on 29. When 36 came up she fainted!"
Did I miss everybody? Hello?
Hey there J how is you tonight?
Hey you! Did you get your computer fixed?
My romantic quote for the night:
"You're nothing short of my everything."
--Ralph Block
hello J
hi BC
Hi Ergo, how're you feeling? Congrats on the win! I left you a twit, or tweet, or whatever.
Hey there J. I finally did. After all the drama of calling the phone company at least three times the past week, buying a new router, reinstalling wires and cables, talking to employees who barely can speak a word of English, and all that other crap :S
I can't believe that such a piece of shit modem could cause so much trouble, lol.
Hi there Ergo, are you feeling any better?
Oh, I know. Nothing equals the dread I feel when I have to call Dell or Earthlink. It's as if there's only one problem in the world, and they only have one solution for it: "Have you rebooted your computer?" AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
I don't feel real crash hot today, I think I overdid it a bit yesterday and then didn't sleep really well.
But I'm up and about so it isn't that bad, just a bit droopy feeling and tissue needing.
I saw the tweet to J thank you
You're welcome. :)
If you're droopy, it sounds like a good excuse to have some chocolate. Or maybe in your case you'd like some cheese?
It's a pain when you start feeling better, but you're still not up to par. You want to do stuff, but don't always have the energy.
That's pretty much how I feel,I want to do stuff but just don't really feel up to it.
I told DH he'll have to drive us down to pick up our entries after the show closes, as I don't feel up to driving today.
I'm just lying about on the chair outside reading Valley of the Dolls, I got it for 30c at a second hand place as I'd never read it.
How are you going? Your vision back to normal again yet?
No kidding J! Right now the modem is acting up again, so I'm keeping an eye on it. Ugh.
>_<
I second Ergo's question. Has your vision gone back to normal J?
Not yet, it's still kind of fuzzy, and if I read too much or spend too much time on the computer *cough* it goes slightly double. But maybe once they take me off some more of these drops, it'll clear up more. I can read bigger things with it, and sometimes the smaller print shows through. Slow, but coming.
I hope it becomes a full recovery then J. How's L doing?
She's pretty good, having a sleepy day today. Otherwise, she's been doing well fibro-wise. One of these days she'll come on and talk, if I can get her to stay up later! She does say "HI!" to everyone, though.
Girls, I'm off to bed. Good to see you! You too, Miss T! *snog* And Martha, and Wendy! Thanks for the beautiful quote, Anon, I really liked that one!
Have a good Sunday/Monday, all--see you later.
Good to talk to you again J. Please say hi to L for me. Goodnight and sweet dreams!
goodnight J sweet dreams,
say "hi" to L
hello
J i hope all is well with you and your loved ones.
hi Mj how are you?
Hello Ep
This song
And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know your alive
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
Chorus
I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
This moment -
When Hugh Jackman came up behind a friend of his friend, pulled her hair away from behind her neck where upon he gently kissed her and wished her a Happy Birthday.
Shame she fainted when she turned around and saw who it was. :)
And nice to see lots of familiar names in varying degrees of successful post operational recovery. :)
I was listing to my ipod when this song came on love the comment at the top of the page.
for August 8 5:55 AM
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One
:)
Hello
Hey everyone, How's it going?
Martha, I love that song. I wonder if the sprinklers silenced the boombox? I wonder how Kick Ass would be, haven't watched it yet, but it looked pretty good. Nothing seems to be as good as the books for anything though. I want to see Inception and Salt.
Wendy, how's the teeth and gums? Still frisky on Vicodin? :) Hope you are felling much better.
Speaking of feeling much better, how are you doing, Ergo? is your cold still hangin on? And a HUGE CONGRATS for retaining your crown for sweet maker of the year! Way to go! I missed your jokes, nice to see them here!
B.C., I've been to Chicago twice and have yet to try the deep dish pizza. I need to make sure I find some the next time I'm there. But I sure know where the Sears Tower is! The first time we were there, we got lost trying to leave the city. We could see the interstate, but couldn't get to it. We wound up doubling back several times, and each time we went by the Sears Tower, so after a while it was like "European Vacation", replacing Big Ben with "Look kids, Sears Tower" LOL
Hey MISS T.! Good to see you too. How's work going? And did you ever find your neighbor? Seems like he was missing the last I remember. It's nice to see you and your tassels! Have you still got your yellow knickers? :)
I love the songs and quotes being posted. So sweet. The world needs a little love and romance.
It's been hot here today, but not as hot as it has been. I was out earlier and the temp at the bank was 88F. Which feels like a cold wave from the 96-98 we've been having. Add the humidity and the heat index has been 105-115. I bet that still feels cool to Wendy, though. There is no place in America that has more humidity and heat than NOLA in the summer. Southern Georgia comes close (Atlanta's pretty rough too) but I think NOLA has it beat.
Hey also to Seven, Martha's Friend, No One, ?, anons and STTOD.
Talk to you guys later on, take care.
L.
Hey Martha!
That was weird. I hit the publish button once, and it tripled my comment. Good ol Blogger! :)
Hey there mj, how's things?
Hey guys.
Hey L, good to see you! A couple of pizza joints I recommend if you ever come back to Chicago is Pizzeria Uno's, Gino's East, and Giodano's, but there's lots of other places too, it's just hard to pick, but I know there's places that can deliver deep dish pizza throughout the entire country.
If you're a newcomer and never been to Chicago before, it does tend to get easy to get lost because it's such a big city. Third largest in the country after New York and L.A. Maps and guides are definitely recommended for sure.
Sadly, they changed the name of Sears Tower now :/
Hey there anons.
Awww, looks like we got a couple of love anons on the blog as well ;)
Great quotes too. It's a night of a new True Blood episode in less than three hours, so I'll be preparing to watch it in a bit. This season has been great so far.
See ya guys.
"And though we are as nothing to the stars that shine above
You are my universe, you are my love."
-James Taylor, "There We Are"
Hey everybody, I won't be on tonight, trying to rest my eye for my appt tomorrow. L looks like she's gonna come entertain you later, so I'll leave it to her. Later!
Aug 6, 1.30 PM: I love that one, it's beautiful. :)
Anyone home?
Hey there L, how's it going?
Good, B.C. How are you tonight?
What did they rename the Sears Tower?
That's good L. Tonight is pretty warm outside. I hate it, but I'm dealing. I just got done watching True Blood, so sorry if I didn't respond earlier. I'm doing okay, thanks.
Yeah, they renamed the Sears Tower Ellis Tower I think. I'm not liking it :/
It's pretty warm here too. And very muggy. I checked the temp just now and it's still 90F outside, according to our weather person.
Why would they rename the Sears Tower? I bet everyone will still call it Sears Tower. That's like calling the Statue Of Liberty "Pepsi Statue".
How was True Blood?
L.
~~A-wop-bop-a-loo-lop-a-lop-bam-boom
Tutti frutti, good booty *(see musical factoid below)
Tutti frutti, good booty
Got a girl, named Sue
she knows just what to do
Got a girl named Sue, she knows just what to do
She rock to the east
She rocks to the west
She's the one that I know best
Tutti frutti, au rutti~~
Hello Seven, Martha, Sweetcheeks, MissT!!!, Lisa!!!, Jen, Ergo, 5:55 a.m, everyone!!!
Did you all have a nice Sunday/weekend? I hope you all did!
5:55 a.m: Thank you!!! I'm happy to be "in a varying degree of successful post operational recovery"! (Boy, was that a mouthful; and, it's not easy putting that much in my mouth these days!)
I was able to do some actual chewing on my right side today. Since that side was done first and it has been 16 days since that surgery. I figured that was close enough to day 20 and what I would be "allowed" to eat then!
So, I went to the grocery store and bought two lovely trout fillets and broiled them. I had one of those (in very small bites) with some yummy mashed veggies and angel hair pasta and cheese sauce. I was in solid food heaven.
Lisa: You are correct!!! We are the heat and humidity capitol of the USA. They don't call us "The American Tropics" for nothing! Walking outside is like walking into a sauna turned up about 50 degrees too high. It's air you wear!
I'm glad to hear your fibro has been slightly more under control! Did your doctor ever get your new medications adjusted?
Sweetcheeks: I want some of that Chicago deep dish pizza!!! Will you take me to a good pizzaria when I come visit?
I'm glad to hear you, finally, got your communications problem fixed!
And, crap! I missed True Blood. And, I think this was the episode with OTEP's song "HEAD"! They were great at the HOB last month!!!
~~Rise, Rebel, (with your fists) RESIST!!!~~
That video got the HOB/NOLA seal of approval!
*big smile*
That woman is a tiny, beautiful, powerhouse! She can sing, rap, growl, howl, scream... everything!!
I must watch True Blood at 11:00 or midnight now. I must check for the proper time!
MissT!!!: It's so good to see your smiling name and read you again!! How's my favorite law enforcement officer? I'm not calling you my favorite just because I'm hoping you can get a good deal on fancy London handcuffs for me either!
;)
(to be continued...)
L, lol, yeah everyone still calls it the Sears Tower. I know I still do. I can't picture it with any other name.
True Blood was a bit boring at first, but the ending was just raw and ass kicking. I mean, wow. I'm loving the new season so far. There's about three episodes left until the season finale.
I think J mentioned to me yesterday that you were a little under the weather or something? Are you doing okay?
hello
Martha: Hello to you too!!! Whatcha doing tonight? Did you ever start watching True Blood? Ohhh... are you watching Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Haven on Sci~fy?
I think Warehouse 13 and Eureka are having their best seasons yet. Well, I believe it's only the second season for W13; but, it's even better than last season!
Jen: I'm sorry to hear your eyes are still giving you reading and computer viewing problems. Hopefully, that will clear up soon!!
Ergo: Again, congratulations and I hope your cold is clearing up!!!
Amy: Where are you? Are you and Mr. still vacationing or are ya'll up to your necks in wedding plans (and stress and anxiety)? I hope it's not the S and A!
Okay, I have laundry to tango with (and untangle too).
Ooops! Before I forget: I'm loving the romantic quotes and songs too. "City Of Angels" is one of my favorite romantic movies/chick flicks. It's so sad though. Sad but beautiful!
Have a fun and/or restful and relaxing night, everyone! Sweet dreams to one and all!!!
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*Those were the original lyrics. Little Richard was forced to change the words "good booty" to "au rutti" (slang for "all right") to make the recording more commercial/acceptable for airplay.
Little Richard was inducted into the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame in 2009. His name is right alongside other greats such as:
Fats Domino, Buddy Guy, Pete Fountain, Satchmo (Louis Armstrong), Allan Toussaint, Randy Jackson... oh, and the most recent inductees... LILLIAN AXE!!! Haha! I just had to mention that ~ here!
PS: Don't worry, Sweetcheeks! I'll work on getting Phil Anselmo inducted into the LA Music Hall of Fame next year. Lil Wayne too!!!
:P
You know. I always thought Phil would be inducted first (before Steve Blaze and Lillian Axe). But, I do believe they inducted the right people first. Steve really is a brilliant songwriter, poet and musician! I think he/they did deserve to be the first "hard rock/metal" inductee!
O_O
Holy ****!
Lisa: You were correct, again! Blogger is spazzing!
Sorry, folks. I shall now attempt to delete my clutter.
Hi (again) Ergo, Sweetcheeks and Lisa!
*waves bye for now and blows kisses*
Hey there sugarplum, how is you? I'm glad to hear the surgery was a success! Is your teef feeling more better?
True Blood tonight was a bit on the non action side, but the ending was totally worth it! I heard Otep was having one of their songs play on this episode as well. If you're in central daylights time as I, the rerun should start at about 10:30.
My modem is fixed....for now. But I've had problems with it today, but I discovered it's probably because the phone jack is a bit loose so it has to be attached to the wall again.
If you come visit to Chicago, I'll sure bring you to some great pizzerias
Helllooo Wendy!
That trout sounded very good. Hopefully you will soon be back eating regular food. I can see why you guys are called the American Tropics. What has the temps and humidty been during this heat wave?
I had a doctor's appt yesterday with my regular doctor. I was so happy to see her back. She was out on maternity leave for six months and now she's back. Some of the docs covering for her were definitly not her. She's so good. She changed one of my meds, doubled it, so we will see how that goes.
B.C., I'm feeling better today. Bout of fatigue yesterday, just part of it. Usually I'm up and going the next day, as long as I'm not in a flare, and if I am, all bets are off!
Hey Ergo, how's it going?
L.
Hey there ergo, are you feeling better today?
HI and bye wendy have a great day, glad you're eating solids again
hey J good to see you, hope the new regimen helps your symptoms
hi BC glad your modem is back to normal
I'm feeling a bit exhausted, pushed through the weekend so today I am just resting a lot. Nothing pressing to do except tutor a bit later. Cats and I are all having a curl up in the warm day.
Cold is being a typical cold, I have strategic tissue boxes about the house
Emergency tissues for Ergo, stat! You start to wonder just where does all the snot come from? Jen says we are visited by The Snot Fairy. LOL
Hope you feel better and get lots of rest.
L.
I think I'm going to go to bed too. It's been nice talking to you guys.
Good night Wendy, B.C., Ergo; good night and sweet dreams, everyone.
Love,
L.
Before I leave, I'll give you guys a question to ponder.
Who played the best James Bond, and why?
Night again!
L.
Hello, or did I miss everybody
sweet dreams L and I'll try to fight off the Snot Fairy, lol
Overall I like Roger Moore's suaveness and I think his movies were lighter and more entertaining.
Sean Connery was very good too though, he was more full on action
I liked George Lazenby as well, though he only did the one.
The newer guys I don't like as much, though they do it well, but I think that is because I got used to the others
hi MJ
Wishing you a speedy recovery Ergo. Glad to hear you're better L. Goodnight and sweet dreams to you.
Hey mj, how's things? As long as my modem is working, I'm doing some website lurking.
I'm ok how are you BC. Ep do you hae a cold?
yes I came down with the cold on Thursday last week, had a really busy week and weekend so I am catching up rest today, it's not too bad, esp with tablets to clear my head just feel a bit run down.
Hopefully it'll be getting better by tomorrow.
That's good mj. I'm okay, not loving this weather though, but August is usually the hottest month, which is funny.
I hope you get better soon ep.
As for 007 not really into him. Funny you should ask one of the podcast I listen to asked the same question. They all agreed it was the one they have now.
It hasn't been to hot here.
Our weather is all over the place, one day you wear shorts and a tshirt. Next you are rugged up. It's been a very atypical winter
I don't know what to talk about
I put some pics of my chicks at my blog, the 9 surprise ones that we didn't know about.
They are getting pretty big now, we have 7 hens and 2 roosters, we'll have to partition off part of the hen yard for the 2 roosters, so our current one doesn't try to kill them, probably do that next weekend so they can go in with all the others.
On my way to work friday i saw a dead chicken. not really in the mood to see more chickens right now. maybe later
It took me forever to post that
That's ok MJ, the pics will still be there, I'll add new ones in a couple of weeks. They look like feathery dinosaurs now, all long legs and little bodies.
I don't think we have to worry. 7 deleted that kind of stuff last time it happened.
Anyway as long as there are people at mayo's i don't think i don't think they will come here.
The best fudge recipe you have in your recipe files.
Chocolate Fudge Recipe
2 1/2 c Sugar
1/2 c Margarine or butter
2/3 c Evaporated milk
1 Jar marshmallow creme
2 c Semi sweet chocolate chips
1 ts peanut butter
3/4 c Chopped walnuts or pecans (opt)
1 ts Vanilla
Line 9 inch square or 13x9 inch pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan; butter foil. In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add marshmallow creme and chocolate chips; blend until smooth. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into buttered, foil-lined pan. Cool to room temperature. Score fudge into 36-48 squares. Refrigerate until firm.
Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil; remove foil from sides of fudge. Using large knife, cut through scored lines. Store in refrigerator.
Makes about 3 pounds--36-48 squares.
i think chickens and dinosaurs are related in some way
Hi MJ & EP.
Goodnight.
The current theory is that birds are dinosaurs, all the same family.
Hope they never grow enormous again!!
We don't have anything called marshmallow cream over here, I think I'd have to make some equivalent.
Hello STTod how are you.
Ep I think it would e great to have em that big again. We could be like the Flintstones. One big chicken wig at the fast food place that would over turn your car
oh yes!
Two things I always wanted to eat were the giant ribs they had in Flintstones, and the roast boars they had in Asterix
I haven't had fudge in a while goodnight STTOD
goodnight STTOD
I'll have to say bye too, I have to meet the bus and tutor.
have a good night MJ, see you next time
I don't know what big food I would want to eat. But it would be funny watching the cars tip over.
I wonder if we (humans) would get bigger to or would we just get fatter
Goodnight ep
11:52,
I see nothing wrong with having fudge once in a while. You can't deny the power of chocolate ^_^
:]
:)
Do not address them martha.
Anyone who wishes to may come here but disrespect is not tolerated.
Well, thank you Seven. Although I don't see why my comment had to be deleted. I thought I was quite respectful and that article really is an interesting read. Oh well. Easy come, easy go!
It's good to see you around still keeping such a watchful eye on your home. And, it is your home to delete at will!
Take care, Seven!
*blows kisses to all*
Martha: I hope you caught the bones, coconut bra and brontosauras burger comment. If not, I'll tell you later!
;)
Sweetcheeks and Lisa: The same goes for "True Blood/Otep's "Head" and my broiled trout!
I did not delete your comment Wendy. I am sorry, Blogger may have been at fault. I only deleted three disrespectful anonymous comments.
I wish all of you well.
thank you Seven
Morning MJ and Wendy
It's raining and windy here today, looks like another great day to curl up inside with tea and toast
Hello EP, 6 and 7,
7 it is goods to see you about. I also deleted my comment there was no need for it anymore.
Thank you for doing that 7.
Good evening everybody, how's it going?
Nice to see you Seven and thank you for erasing the comments. I didn't get to see which ones but I can imagine.
Curled up with a cup of tea sounds nice, Ergo. Just a little to hot here for it right now, but I love a hot cup of coffee in the early morning. Or two. Or three... Glad you're feeling some better.
Hey Wendy, Martha, B.C., Miss T., and nice anons.
L.
Poor 7 is going to be kept busy deleting comments now. :(
8 said to call them if you need help.
Guess who has two thumbs and giant blisters on her heels?
THIS GIRL.
OW.
Anyway.
Anyone alive in here? I just got back home from vacation, and I need another vacation. Boss Lady isn't falling for that one though.
hello
Hi Amy, I suppose it was worth a try to get more vacation!
Hey there anons. Hey Amy, good to see you again. Hey there ergo and mj.
Goodnight guys, sweet dreams to all. Goodnight anons :)
Oh dear. :(
It happened here too? I left a link to here, for Elena and Welshie, over at Mayo's.
I'm sorry if it sent some trouble this way.
*comes in singing*
~~"R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB
Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)"~~
Good morning/evening Seven, AMY!!!!, NO, Martha, Martha's Friend (if you're still anywhere around), Sweetcheeks, L and J, MissT, Ergo, 98.6 percent of the anons and other folks!
How are you all today? Well and blister free (unlike Amy), I hope!
Thank you ~ again ~ Seven. I have always appreciated your views on respect. I am sorry if I upset you by addressing you with a question I should have addressed to blogger.
I suppose my comment fell victim to The Blogger Triangle or The Blogspot Blackhole! Oh well and Cest le vie!
Amy: WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry to hear about your blisters and OWs. I am happy to see you back and I hope you and Mister had a wonderful vacation (up until the blisters and OWs part).
Sweetcheeks: You and I do live in the same time zone and you were correct about True Blood coming on at 10:30. WOW!!! Were those great final scenes with Otep's "Head" playing, or what?!!
Sookie rode that vamp like they would never see another sundown again!!!!
:P
How's your rash? Is it all gone?
Martha: Did you ever get to see "Orphan"? I finally saw it last night and...
O_O
that's all I'm saying.
L: I would send my broiled trout recipe to you; but, I'm sure you know how to broil trout. LOL! It's not that difficult! Trout, butter, lemon, salt, pepper, some (optional) fresh parsley... that's about it.
Oh, and an oven and pan, of course.
;)
Ergo: I hope your feeling better!
Well, I suppose that is all for now. Take care, everyone!
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
PS: L and J ~ I have not required any vicodin in quite a few days. So, I'm no longer "extra" frisky. I'm just back to my usual, normal frisky! I think it's safe for me to get back to twitter now!
;P
Self control appears to be in short supply for some.
For now no anonymous comments will be allowed.
I was not offended or upset in the least Wendy. Ergoproxy and Martha you are welcome.
Hello,
Thank you 7. It is sad there were some nice anons. But you know what they say a few rotten apples spoil the bunch.
Hope all is well with you.
6 nope I haven't seen that movie yet. I just last week got around to seeing Crank 1 and 2. I only saw girl with the dragon tattoo because it was on my netflix instant watch.
Hey everyone, hope you guys are staying cool if the weather is scorcing where you're at. It sure is a muggy one today here.
Seven, thank you for deleting those disrespectful comments.
To the nice anons that may be lurking, I hope you stop by again :)
Sugarplum, The last scenes from Sunday's episode definitely made it up. That was some pure raw, nasty, aggressive sex going on. I had to admit even I was taken completely by surprise. I mean, wow. I was cheering on for Jessica to come help Sookie and she did. That was awesome of her, and she killed that big bad ole' wolf too!
My rash is almost gone, only problem now is the skin's a bit dry, so there's been some itching, but it's getting better for sure.
Hey there mj, ergo, amy, J, L, anyone else I missed. I'm bout to go swimming.
See you guys!
Hi wendy, MJ, BC
thanks 7, it is though a real shame for the nice anons, but what can you do.
I feel a lot better today, and we had a huge storm come through last night, all lightning and thunder, got a lot of rain too which will be great for the garden.
Have a great swim BC and try some vitamin E on your skin, get some capsules and squeeze out the oil is best.
hello
Wendy, I had a good vacation, Mister sat home and moped because he couldn't get the time off to come with me. He's had his little break though, and we're planning on going rafting down the river this weekend to make up for the time alone we missed.
Speaking of things I've missed, how IS everyone doing? Mom and I finally agreed on a bunch of wedding stuff so I've minimized that stress right out of my life, and I have some free time now!
-A
Hello amy.
congratulations on everything good that has happened to you
Howdy do Seven, Amy, Martha, Sweetcheeks, J and L, Ergo, MissT, everyone!!!
How's everyone doing today? Wonderful (or close to wonderful), I hope!
Seven: I'm happy to hear you weren't upset. I too, completely, understand your reasons for no longer allowing anonymous comments (for the time being).
Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! (I'm on idiom trip these days ~ in case you all didn't notice! *wink*) And, that one just seems so appropriate considering!
You know, your name/blog name and the Garth Brooks song "Do What You Gotta Do" from the "Sevens" album!
Amy: I've been doing fine, thanks for asking! Well, most of me is fine and what isn't will be ~ sooner rather than later ~ I hope!
Ohhh... you went on a Mister~less vacation! I thought he went with you. Well, I suppose it's kind of a good thing he didn't. Afterall, I might be miffed at him for not offering to carry you when poor feets started aching and feeling those "a blister's coming" burns.
Grrrr...
;)
I'm glad to hear you and your mom have reached a peaceful "wedding planning" existence. I hope it lasts!!!
Sweetcheeks: That was some hot, intense, animalistic SEX wasn't it?! OH MY!
*stars fanning self*
I think I need to turn the AC down a a couple of notches just thinking about those scenes! Or, join you in a nice, long swim!
I hope you had a good one, yesterday.
Martha: What's new with you, today? Any movie recommendations for us? I have added "Kick Ass" to my list and I finally saw (your once recommended) "Jennifer's Body"!
I did enjoy that one! I especially enjoyed the moral: Don't lie about being a virgin!
(You could be forced to roam your part of the Earth and eat your classmates and friend's boyfriend ~ thereby pissing her off!)
Okay, so that might not have been the "actual" moral (I don't there was supposed to be one of those); but, it's what I got from the movie!
:P
J: How's D. doing? Wasn't she supposed to start chemo this week? I hope she's doing okay and I hope you're okay as well!
Gotta run for now. It's bed stripping and sheet washing/changing day. I LOVE fresh sheets!!!
Enjoy the remainder of the day, everyone! Take care!!!
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
bit of sad animal news, Pecky the chicken died last night, we think she got a condition called sour crop where something she has eaten (and she ate anything) blocked the crop. We tried treating it once we realised something was wrong, it isn't something they often recover from apparently. She was though nice and warm in her box.
So RIP Pecky you were a good hen.
Hello,
Ep sorry to hear about the chicken.
Just watched Alice in Wonderland. It was ok. Not as bad as some people made it out to be.
It was a short movie but maybe that was a good thing. I think they could have gotten a better Alice. She was a little flat. Maybe even a different White and Red queen.
They weren't bad but like Alice I think they were a bit flat.
The Queens and alice could have been a bit more out there.
Hello one, hello all--
Been a busy week for me, am just now getting to relax a little and not go outside and sweat. :)
Wendy, yes, Diana started chemo this morning. Haven't talked to her so don't know how it went/is going. They told her the 1st session could take up to 6 hours or more, just b/c they go slowly. Tuesday I took her to have the port put in and to have an EKG. That all went fine, btw. The port itself isn't as big as we thought it would be. It's a tube about 6 inches long that runs from her carotid artery to a half-dollar-sized "button" under the skin of her right shoulder. That's where all the injections etc go, then flow thru the tube directly into her veins.
*pant pant* Sorry for the overly detailed comment, but there's a lot to talk about there!
Amy, so glad to see you again! Hope you had a good vacation.
Martha: thanks for approving me on Twitter!
Ergo, my condolences for Pecky. Poor baby.
BC, how's the computer doing?
Seven, thanks for getting rid of the nasty anon comments. We appreciate you.
I'll be back maybe later, maybe tomorrow. Depends on how tired I am later!
My romantic quote of the day:
"The world is a more glorious place now that I have found you."--Anonymous
Later, dudettes.
Hiya guys, how are you all?
BC sweetie, Good luck with finding something you can put your creativity into. I'm sure you'll find your path eventually sweetie. In the meantime, pizza's a good way to cheer yourself up hee hee!
Yay Ergo, great to see the jokes back. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my laugh fix with mayos a dud now.
Get well soon. I hope the snot clears up.
Good to see you! You too, Miss T! *snog*
*snogs back to OPJ*
Hope you're well and happy sweetie. Love your snot fairy theory. Damn that bitch though hahahah.
Hey MISS T.! Good to see you too. How's work going? And did you ever find your neighbor? Seems like he was missing the last I remember. It's nice to see you and your tassels! Have you still got your yellow knickers? :)
Hiya OPL sweetie, hope everything's just dandy.
Work is good, I'm kept busy, too busy this week.
The damn neighbour came back.
My tassles are always ready for swinging.
I have yellow knickers a plenty.
MissT!!!: It's so good to see your smiling name and read you again!! How's my favorite law enforcement officer? I'm not calling you my favorite just because I'm hoping you can get a good deal on fancy London handcuffs for me either!
LOL Wendy, you can have some nice spangly new handcuffs anytime sweetie.
I'm so glad you can eat again.
STTOD, that sounds like a lip smackingly good recipe.
Welcome back Amy, I hope you had a great trip. Ooo river rafting sounds fun.
Anonymous said...
Oh dear. :(
It happened here too? I left a link to here, for Elena and Welshie, over at Mayo's.
It sure would be nice to have Elena and Welshie here.
Hiya Seven, so sorry that you are having problems with mean anons. I would have hoped that any anons here would be nice. No need for anything else.
Hiya MJ sweetie, so would you recomend Alice in Wonderland? I've not seen it yet as I just wasn't sure. I really enjoyed kick ass though. I'm not really into comic book films but that was really different and funny I thought.
Well, nice chatting peeps but I'd better be off to bed now.
Take care everyone xxx
Hiya guys, how are you all?
BC sweetie, Good luck with finding something you can put your creativity into. I'm sure you'll find your path eventually sweetie. In the meantime, pizza's a good way to cheer yourself up hee hee!
Yay Ergo, great to see the jokes back. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my laugh fix with mayos a dud now.
Get well soon. I hope the snot clears up.
Good to see you! You too, Miss T! *snog*
*snogs back to OPJ*
Hope you're well and happy sweetie. Love your snot fairy theory. Damn that bitch though hahahah.
Hey MISS T.! Good to see you too. How's work going? And did you ever find your neighbor? Seems like he was missing the last I remember. It's nice to see you and your tassels! Have you still got your yellow knickers? :)
Hiya OPL sweetie, hope everything's just dandy.
Work is good, I'm kept busy, too busy this week.
The damn neighbour came back.
My tassles are always ready for swinging.
I have yellow knickers a plenty.
MissT!!!: It's so good to see your smiling name and read you again!! How's my favorite law enforcement officer? I'm not calling you my favorite just because I'm hoping you can get a good deal on fancy London handcuffs for me either!
LOL Wendy, you can have some nice spangly new handcuffs anytime sweetie.
I'm so glad you can eat again.
STTOD, that sounds like a lip smackingly good recipe.
Welcome back Amy, I hope you had a great trip. Ooo river rafting sounds fun.
Anonymous said...
Oh dear. :(
It happened here too? I left a link to here, for Elena and Welshie, over at Mayo's.
It sure would be nice to have Elena and Welshie here.
Hiya Seven, so sorry that you are having problems with mean anons. I would have hoped that any anons here would be nice. No need for anything else.
Hiya MJ sweetie, so would you recomend Alice in Wonderland? I've not seen it yet as I just wasn't sure. I really enjoyed kick ass though. I'm not really into comic book films but that was really different and funny I thought.
Well, nice chatting peeps but I'd better be off to bed now.
Take care everyone xxx
Woah, twice was spooky.
Oh well, that's my ihnt to get some sleep.
Nighty night all.
Thanks Mj and J she was fun to raise and it was sad to see her go. But Chickens go downhill fast unfortunately. I think she either ate a bit of Badger's bones or her dog food and it got stuck. I hadn't heard of it but from googling it can be something as simple as too much grass - who knew?
She's buried up in the garden now.
Apart from that everything is good, I am actually feeling normal again (well close to) still a bit of a snuffle.
It's actually feeling like winter here too, bloody cold wind, but insanely blue skies :] it was about 4C on our back veranda last night, we maybe even had a very light frost!
hey missT! Sorry I haven't done any for a while but now I'm better they'll be back!
oh I enjoyed Alice, but I didn't think it was as good as it could have been, maybe as it was toned down for kids? Visually it is wonderful, and Johnny Depp is great but like MJ said, just misses the "fantastic" mark
sweet dreams
Hello everyone,
J I hope everything goes well for Diana.
Miss T rent Alice it is worth a rental but I wouldn't buy it, unless it is really cheap.
Hello, hello, hello everybuddy.
J, my modem is totally messed up. So in the morning, I have to call the bastards at AT&T to request a new one. Apparently my brother's girlfriend also had a similar problem with her modem as we did. So it's requesting another one, or go to the store and buy it there.
Anyways, all the best wishes to your sister. I hope the chemo treatments go well, and I hope you guys are doing well too.
Miss T,
Thank you! And best wishes, I hope you become a wonderful police officer. Now we just need to build a place of worship for the almighty pizza :D
Ergo,
Sorry to hear about your hen. She sounded adorable :(
Good to hear you're feeling better!
Sugarplum,
I hope the weather down there in the South is better. I'm hearing things about over 100 degree temps down there. Stay cool~ Unfortunately, there's a slight chance I may be returning to those horrible temps by way of going back to Dallas possibly this month. Hopefully we can finally cross over to Louisiana and steal some gumbo and jimbalaya, and some donuts too, heh. Hope your family is good, and your teef too!
Hey there mj, hope you're good.
That's it for now. House sitting calls. Later guys!
The Blondes at the college university felt like they just didn't fit in. Everywhere on campus they felt ridiculed and were tired of other students assuming they were just stupid bimbos out for sex. They wanted to feel like blondes belonged at the school.
A few of them pressured the administration to set up a new department especially for blondes. After much discussion, the university agreed and set up the Blonde Education Department.
The blondes were ecstatic. They now have a department of their own where they could gather without being ridiculed. The blonde college students finally felt like they belonged and were proud of it. They wanted other students to see that they weren't just stupid bimbos, after all, they now had their own "department" at the university.
They now all proudly wear the official sweatshirt of the Blonde Education Department, which sports the saying: "I Belong in B.E.D."
*comes in singing*
~~"Jambalaya, crawfish pie, fillet gumbo..
'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou!"~~
Good morning everyone (Seven, Martha, Sweetcheeks, L and J, Ergo, MissT, Amy, ghosts of blogs past, present and future)!
Did you all have a nice yesterday? I hope so! And, I hope today is even better.
Ergo: I'm sorry to hear about Pecky. I'm sure was a happy hen and a wonderful layer who enjoyed lots of "good girl" pats when she laid a nice bunch of eggs for you and the family. And, I know you did everything you could to help her and make her comfortable at the end. Rest in peace (in the big chicken coop in the sky), Pecky.
Martha: I agree about Alice in Wonderland. It was a good movie; just not a great movie. Aesthetically is was gorgeous and Johnny Depp is brilliant ~ as he always is!
Thanks for commenting on my brand, spanking new, hot off the presses, poem too!!!
Sweetcheeks: It HAS been hotter than the ninth circle of hell this summer. Most of my flowers died and the few tomatoes and eggplant I planted didn't do very well either. The bell peppers look okay. They're still nice and green (I planted them in the shade!) But, the peppers aren't growing very large. And, I lost two of my beautiful Rose of Sharon hedges due to the heat. They just shriveled up, turned brown and died. Now I only have three left. (I lost six of them with the freezes with had during winter.)
:(
I'm sorry to hear you're still having modem trouble. I hope they come fix it (or bring you a new one) soon!!!
And, I hope you do get to visit and cross the Texas/Louzianna border. You really must try the jambalaya, gumbo and all the wonderful bisque! And, don't forget you HAVE to try the boiled crawfish. You can't miss your opportunity to "suck the head and pinch the tail"!
Jen: I'm happy to hear D's port "installation" went well! I hope her first chemo treatment wasn't too rough on her. 6 hours is a long time to sit there and watch those meds drip... and think and wonder. I hope she's staying in good spirits thinking about her positive prognosis (once all the chemo is over and done with)!
Lisa: HELLO!!! Where iz you these days?
MissT: Awwww... thank you!!! If ya'll have any other spare, sparkley "you've been a bad bad boy (or girl, as the case may be)" toys, please feel free to unburden the clutter on me!
;)
How's your mom doing? No more rat attacks, I hope!
Amy: How's the blisters? All gone, I hope!
Seven: I hope you're well and staying cool ~ or warm ~ whichever is needed and/or desired!
Enjoy the day, all!!!
Always remember: "Attack the shark that's swimming closest."
;)
Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*notices a chance to be "on top"*
*can't not answer the knock of opportunity*
~~"Though all along you knew it was wrong
The taste of blood got to ya
Now everyone who's on your list
You know they gotta do something for ya
Not a care at her expense
She'll pay the piper when he stops
She's been around the world
Now she's back on the top
She wants everything put in her lap.."~~
:)
Post a Comment