Happy 4th of July! For my non-American friends, Happy 4th Day of July!
I have a BBQ set up on the patio, and you will find steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, chips, crisps, soft drinks, beer, wine and margaritas in the kitchen.
I only ask that I not recieve a phone call from the police department.
Ummm... regarding that phone call from the police; fireworks are legal here, correct? I promise not to set the neighbor's houses (or the barn) on fire.
*makes sure fire extinguishers are all full and in working order*
Hello, also, to Martha, NO, MissT, Amy, Ergo, Martha's friend and any anons and lurkers!
I hope everyone has a very enjoyable (and filling) day!
Not trying to crash the party, just letting Martha know I've been thinking about her. Don't be too good, life's too short. (Yay for playing with fire and blowing shit up!) Martha's Friend
*I* ate the dip, Wendy! After Amy finally passed it over. I think the reason she's so slow tonight is because of a certain friend of hers. You may know him, Jose Cuervo?
Jiffy Pop is popcorn and brand of ConAgra Foods. The product combines unpopped popcorn kernels and oil with an aluminum pan and folded aluminum foil lid. As the pan is heated, the popping corn causes the foil to unfold and puff up.
Fred Mennen of LaPorte, Indiana is credited with developing the product in 1958. It was based on a similar product designed five years before by Benjamin Coleman of Detroit, and marketed by the Taylor-Reed CorporationTaylor-Reed Corporation as E-Z Pop[1]. Mennen began marketing Jiffy Pop in 1959, and within one year it had reached the national U.S. market. [2]
In the early 1960s Taylor-Reed sued Mennen Food Products for patent infringement. The district court ruled for the plaintiff, finding Jiffy Pop and E-Z equivalent products, but the case was overturned on appeal.[3]
no we don't, we buy just popcorn, or microwave popcorn I have a hot air popper I use, I don't like all the butter stuff and salt on the microwave ones, I buy this nice seasoning
~~"Is it so hard to believe our hearts are made to broken by love..."~~
It's Martha's fault! :P
*leaves a bottle of water, two aspirin and two dramamine on the coffee table by futon for Martha*
Hello Seven, Martha, Martha's friend, Ergo, Amy, J, NO, lurkers!
How are you all today? Have you all recovered from yesterday's festivities? And, who used my big bic? Hmmmm....
It was Amy, wasn't it? Yeah, I know it was!
J: E~mail received and reply sent!
I had a nice sauna today. Didn't have to pay a penny for it. I simply had to walk outside to get hot, steamy and sticky (I would add half baked; but... well... yeah *winks*)!
I hope you all enjoyed your Sunday!
I'll be back later. (I thought I should warn you all in case any of you want run and hide in your rooms ~ and lock the doors).
Hugs and Love, ~Namaste~ 6/Wendy
*grabs her rubber duckie and scrub brush and heads to the shower while finishing her song o'the hour*
*Sets off a bottle rocket, My toes are still are right*
So 7 what you up to. My friend I have missed you good to see you. NO, where are you? Are you down there? What about up there? Or over there? Well where every it is down there, up there or over there.
So, I hope all you American chums had a great 4th July.
*looks sad*
I had a crappy weekend. the alcoholic neighbour had his music blasting so bad I had to call the police.
I am sooooooooo tired I didn't go to the gym today. I did manage to get out on the garden later and I managed to run the whole beep test again. If I can keep this up I should be OK.
The police were lovely. They don't come out to noise disturbance but they have a new out of hours team that works with the council. They said they send them round but couldn't that night as they were uber busy.
A nice policeman rang me the next day to say that he wants to fight my corner and bring an end to this cos it's been going on too long. I'm gonna get a visit this week from an officer and we will make a plan of action.
Anyway, I'm gonna try to have an early night while he is quiet. I was so tired this morning my eyes were swollen like you wouldn't believe.
Miss t I am glad to hear you ran the test again. I am also happy that you have the police o your side now. I hope they take that ass down. Didn't know the Used had a new song.
NO, there you are. Good to see you. Have a cookie and a beer. Thank you. Xmas in July is always good.
It's a mass under his right ribcage, about the size of your thumb. He's lost almost a pound and a half in about a week; he's down to 2 lbs, was only about 4 to begin with. He's eating and drinking small amounts.
Dr gave him pain meds today, and said just to keep him comfortable, let him eat what he wants. We can get more pain meds if he needs them, also, which is good. Lisa's not doing so well; well, neither am I for that matter.
Martha, That may be true but my goal is to make it through an entire 24 hour period without pissing someone off. I was thisclose and I made the mistake of answering the phone. Anyway, you. How are you? What amazing thing have you done since we last spoke? Come on, amuse me. ;) Your friend
Martha, Ok, ok... Supernatural - Castiel, Bobby, and Chuck all return. Need I say more? Nothing said to the contrary so The Revenge of Trunk Nurse is a possibility. AWESOME! Sam's woman comes back. Again. *cough* Yay or whatever. He's still a pussy. Rufus comes back... I like that. No one got why I was so excited about him because they're too young here. Remember him from 21 Jump Street? Archangels... I'm so fond of them, I have one of my own. Um, bad joke, sorry. If you don't get it, think back to my emails to you. They notice God's been on vacation? About friggin time! I guess He can't interfere in their crap or whatever. Is Ruby gone? I don't mean "Supernatural gone" but gone. She needs to be gone. Or to go back to being the blonde chick who could pull off the character. Was that rude? Oh well. Movie? Fuck yes, please. Spin off? Bobby and Chuck, I'm telling you... it would be life changing television.
The patient is doing well overall. The meds are really hard to tolerate so... Well, so's the patient sometimes. They seem to be working which is what matters. I'm ok. Your friend
I have not seen Rufus but I remember 21 jump street. Who wouldn't it gave Johnny to us,
The writer did say more supernatural creatures. The nurse will be back. Ruby I think she is dead. or she will be the nurse come back for revenge and to piss him off.
The two women he killed in one body. He hates Ruby and will want to kill but can't because she is in the body of the woman he was tricked into killing by Ruby.
What Will Sam Do? My guess he will piss his pants and run like hell.
Martha, Sam will cry. Somehow, it will bring out his dimples, like everything magically does. Then, Dean will pierce his lips together, run a hand over his mouth, look away and tear up... feeling guilty that poor Sammy had to have yet another emotion that he couldn't protect him from. *sigh* Sam needs to man up. Seriously. Your friend
Maybe The Devil will bring the man out of Sam. I would hope that setting the devil free might make you grow a pair. And being wrong about everything the last what 4 years will teach ya a thing or two as well.
I am sorry but what you just wrote made me think of gay porn.
Martha, I love you but gay porn? If that made you think of gay porn... Oh, forget it. Supernatural porn, I could do that. It would involve Castiel squinting. A LOT. ;) Your friend
Martha, Wincest?! They even mentioned that on the show. Dean was bothered by it but Sam seemed to enjoy the idea. I don't like that idea, personally. Your friend
I remember that now. I think. Just forget they are brothers or make it some other person. Hmmm I read why to much anime fanfic it doesn't bother me as much
Martha, I'm terribly picky about my porn. (I almost couldn't type that for laughing!) You'll have to fill me in on your dirty conversation some time. I have to go for now, promised the patient a back rub before bed. Do something crazy for me, ok? You might only live once you know. ;) Your friend
Well if you are going to be picky about something porn is a good thing to be picky about. There is some really bad awful stuff out there, Ad it will fuck you up.
Lets see some people might say a comment I made a while back was crazy.
here is a hint things we would do and things we have heard about people ad certain acts.
Miss t I haven't been sleeping at night. In fact I don't go to sleep til about 6 or 7am. which is why I keep missing you and coming on here later ad later.
Martha, "I think I did something crazy maybe it is stupid more than anything. I am over at mayo's posting comments."
After several attempts and edits, I've decided to keep my trap shut on the subject. All I can share is that I hope you considered the source of what was said to you.
I asked you to do something crazy but that was simply insane. ;) Your friend
Hello My Friend good to see you so happy. Thank you for the hug.
How was my day i found a pair of shoes to wear when it's hot. I have ugly toes and can't wear sandals. So finding some nice shoes that are like sandals but hide my toes is great
Martha, Hugs are on special today. It's been a lot of fun. People get really freaked out when you hug them for no reason. You are a very good person. I let my toes suffer in the darkness. Your friend
I usually let mine suffer in the dark but when it gets hot I can stand it as much. Well the last time it was hot. I had to go buy some shoes some cooler and lighter in color ones
Martha, I saw that on the news and felt sick. No one heard the poor guy? I can't even imagine that. The suicide note on her chalkboard makes you laugh. It's funny until he puts the gun in his mouth and you see the puff of... whatever was in him. His reaction to surviving makes me laugh until I cry. First she takes his alcohol and porn, then that. It's so wrong! Your friend
Martha, You have the most amusing ideas! We're much less subtle. The patient took care of them. Too bad that means I'm being reminded about working in a few hours and dragged to bed. :( Have a crazy good day tomorrow! Your friend
It seems I missed one heck of a party! What was the movie? Teddy does Dallas? Ohhh.... Last Tango For Teddy!!!! Well, almost. :P
Martha, Mya, Martha's friend: I, too, jumped right into that ... umm... whatever the hell that was a couple of nights ago. A Bullshit Rodeo would be an accurate description for what was happening there!
Maybe we should get t~shirts! I hear we won. The lint from Amy's pocket looks great on my mantle!
Still, I would have preferred that golf cart. Maybe next time (and, I'm sure there will be a next time).
Passion's Killing Floor is probably my only favorite saong from VD, lol.
Bugsy, the more bigger he gets, the more aggressive he becomes. Unfortunately because of that, I have to separate him from the rabbit when I have to put him outside.
He has the tendency of wanting to rip out Chocolate's neck, and not very nicely.
Goodnight sugarplum, sweet dreams! Right now I'm listening to some samples from Sentenced on Itunes.
*blows kisses*
Okay, so it's almost 2:30 I'm gonna read for a bit, then call it a night. Watching tv before I go to bed keeps my brain awake, so I'm gonna dull myself with reading some Sookie Stackhouse.
Greetings (and good morning too) Seven, Martha, Martha's friend, Sweetcheeks, NO (down there ~ probably)... everyone!!!!
Martha's friend: That T. Bear clip is some funny stuff(ing)!!!! I really need to start watching the show again!
Martha: Almost wetting oneself is much better than the alternative! Although, your bladder might not have felt that way while you were running around searching for a restroom.
I'm glad you found one on time!!!
Sweetcheeks: A DATE???!!! YAY! So, how old is he? Where did you "meet" him? When did you you "meet" him? I can't wait to hear the details!
Ergo: Is today the day you "come home"? I miss you!
Martha, I hope you are doing well. It's nice that you can grow flowers. Mold is as close as I can get but it doesn't flower. Maybe I need to wait longer? Let me know how your weekend was. I might have missed something. Since I know you'll ask, mine was kinky. I was frisked by a cop. He seemed to like it a lot, real thorough. Not only did he want my number, he took all my information. We even played with his cuffs. I hope he calls! ;) Talk to you soon. Might make an account so I can email you. Your friend
Hi guys, how are you? I hope you had a great weekend.
I'm just doing the rounds telling everyone the same. I'm bummed I can't stay online chatting tonight cos I gotta be up early for a hospital appointment. I got a pre op assesment for an outpatient op I'm having next week. It's nothing serious, just a gynaecological thing. I'm sure tomorrow will involve lots of waiting, the letter says allow three hours so I'll be taking a good book hahaha!
amy bury bowls with beer in at the base of roses, slugs and snails love it, and drowning in something you love is a nice way to go, and you can sprinkle sawdust around the bottom of them too, they don't like crawling over it
missT hope the op goes ok, will be thinking of you
Hello Seven, Martha, Ergo, MissT, Amy, NO, everyone!!!
How are you all? Did you all have a good, exciting weekend?
It certainly sounds as though someone did!!!!
Martha's friend: You tease! How dare you come in here with words such as: kinky, frisked, handcuffs... and not give more details?
Was whipped cream involved? That goes great with handcuffs!!!! How about strawberries and chocolate sauce?
Did he call? ;)
Lucky you! That last time I was frisked that thoroughly was at X~Fest three years ago. She gave me quite a thrill, I must say. I had to thank her for it when she was done. (Sorry if that embarrassed you, Bre!)
:P
Ohhh... it was a good X~Fest too. Saosin, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, JETT, Papa Roach, AFI and The Killers (who could have turned the bass down a few notches)!!!!
Ergo: Welcome home!!!! I can't wait to hear all the glorious (and fun) details of your trip (and see pictures, of course)!
Martha: Did you talk to Seven about that badmitton court ~ surrounded by sunflowers ~ yet?
Amy: Ergo is correct! Snails love beer. They get drunk and drown, lol!!!! Apologies to any snail lovers out there.
MissT: I hope you have a good night's rest and I hope all goes well tomorrow (and next week). I'll be thinking of you!
I'm being dragged off to play Dino~Opoly again... Wish me luck!
Martha, wanna come over and help me kill some garden pests?
MissT, good luck with your OutPatient OP. Don't forget to milk it for all it's worth.
Wendy and Bron, I hate sharing my beer with snails, but you are both correct. The small problem I had was that it rained heavily today and rinsed the beer off the plate. However, it's took the dead slugs with it, so I guess I can't completely complain.
Also, I saw my dog's twin sister today. Really really odd, to see a picture of another person's dog and swear upside down and backwards that it's your own. Man, I miss him.
How was everyone's day? Seven, are you out of banana bread yet? The banana tree in the backyard has been plucked clean!
try to get some fine sawdust (ask around any carpenters they usually are happy to let you have it) and sprinkle a nice thick layer around the roses, they won't crawl on it, and it wont wash away, and it can't hurt animals you do like, like baits can do
hi wendy!! I have some pics at Mayos, and I'll be putting a blog together soon
On the beach at night, Stands a child with her father, Watching the east, the autumn sky.
Up through the darkness, While ravening clouds, the burial clouds, in black masses spreading, Lower sullen and fast athwart and down the sky, Amid a transparent clear belt of ether yet left in the east, Ascends large and calm the lord-star Jupiter, And nigh at hand, only a very little above, Swim the delicate sisters the Pleiades.
From the beach the child holding the hand of her father, Those burial-clouds that lower victorious soon to devour all, Watching, silently weeps.
Weep not, child, Weep not, my darling, With these kisses let me remove your tears, The ravening clouds shall not long be victorious, They shall not long possess the sky, they devour the stars only in apparition, Jupiter shall emerge, be patient, watch again another night, the Pleiades shall emerge, They are immortal, all those stars both silvery and golden shall shine out again, The great stars and the little ones shall shine out again, they endure, The vast immortal suns and the long-enduring pensive moons shall again shine.
Then dearest child mournest thou only for Jupiter? Considerest thou alone the burial of the stars?
Something there is, (With my lips soothing thee, adding I whisper, I give thee the first suggestion, the problem and indirection,) Something there is more immortal even than the stars, (Many the burials, many the days and nights, passing away,) Something that shall endure longer even than lustrous Jupiter Longer than sun or any revolving satellite, Or the radiant sisters the Pleiades.
Well, I do think of fluffy clouds! I also get my strength from the night! (I'm a strange creature, aren't I?!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GOOD CHARACTER "You have a good character. Others see you as a good person to be around. You don't like looking for trouble and you care especially when others are down. You may tend to stray or think about actions concerning the other side."
210 other people got this result! That's 13% ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I'm certain some people would disagree with those results. LOL!!!
Okay, I want to know how evil the rest of you are... REALLY!
Hey Seven, Martha, Wendy, Ergo, Martha's Friend, Amy, B.C., No One, Miss T. and anyone else I missed!
Going to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter, yeah, I know, geekville, but I LOVE the books and movies. J. likes them too, but not like I do. I drag her along with me. :)
Good to have you home, Ergo! Glad you had a great time!
Miss T. I hope your doctor's appt. went well. I'm sorry to hear you are having to have surgery. Let us know how you are, ok? Hugs and love to you.
Wendy, I took the test, and I got:
GOOD CHARACTER
too!
What's up with that? LOL
I liked the little bunny picture they had the description written on!
Thanks to everyone who wished me good luck at the hospital.
I'm good. I got through all the prodding and poking of the pre op. I had to have my blood taken and my veins decided to play hide and seek. The nurse couldn't get a vein she tried tapping one arm, decided the other looked better and stuck me. No luck, she hit nothing. She decided she couldn't see a vien and sent me downstairs to the profesional blood takers. They didn't have much better luck. It took three people in all to try to get a little blood. They managed it but my arms look like pin cushions.
I have the fun of the op next thurs when I am bound to be prodded again. Oh well, after what some of you have suffered lately, this is nothing at all.
We are off to the coast this weekend as it is the anniversary of dad's death on the 18th. We always go to the harbour where we sprinkled some of his ashes. We are gonna be away for the whole weekend, have a nice break. I shall miss you guys while I'm gone.
We need a break as the neighbour has been playing up again. He decided it was a good idea to do some gradening at 2:30am this morning. Great eh? Our neighbours on the other side were disturbed cos in this warm weather they like their wiondows open. My nieghbour told me she got three hours sleep last night, I said welcome to my world. Anyway, they are opening an official complaint with the council too. With more of us complaining, I hope something gets done. The council are coming out to visit us to put a plan into action. We shall see.
Anyways, I am shattered and off to bed now for as long as the peace lasts.
Actually it was official a while back but you don't want to jinx these things.
Very psyched! It feels like forever and i am thrilled to be back with the boys and the crew and the show. Although it will be a little bittersweet without Kim Manners there. I'm sure he is rockin' out in another dimension somewhere looking down at us thinking, "poor bastards", with a smile on his face.
Apart from a convention here and there i haven't actually seen Les Freres Winchester in quite some time and am really looking forward to it...... as well as kicking some ass. See if we can get some of that in there, too. I'll do my best.
Nope. Not giving any details. Sorry. Wouldn't be prudent. But i will say this...
There might be some salt.....maybe a demon or two......and a whoooole lotta bad s**t going on. There. I'm sure i have totally shed light on the situation for you. (Aren't there things called spoilers for that?)
I'm just popping in before I start sorting my clothes for the weekend.
Thanks for the good wishes and gardening sabotage tips MJ ^_^ Unfortunately, that wouldn't deter him as his gardening doesn't actually include any gardening as such. He just likes to bang things around a bit.
He was 92, Ergo. The article said he died at his home, but didn't give a specific cause of death.
He was a really great newscaster. After he retired I watched Dan Rather (My Man Dan, I called him, LOL) until he retired a couple of years ago. You should have seen the broadcast for the 2000 presidental election! Dan was hyped up beyond belief, and said some pretty funny stuff. He was on the air over 24 hours straight, and he said when he pulled those kind of shows his assistant always made him "special coffee" to keep him going. No telling what was in that stuff!
some newscasters just have something about them don't they!
I'm well thanks, was bloody cold earlier I'm just doing some washing (it NEVER seems to end) and making some nibbles to take to dinner at bro-in-laws tonight
Did you get sunburnt today, Martha? Sometimes you can get sun poisoning if your out too much. RW said she was out a lot one day and felt bad too.
I have an upper rest. infection with fluid on my ears. I went to the doc on Wed. and she told me to take Mucinex DM and Tylenol and if it turned into bacterial infection or if I don't feel better to come back next Wed. They are keeping an eye on anything that might mess up my breathing again after what happened in March.
429 comments:
1 – 200 of 429 Newer› Newest»Happy 4th of July! For my non-American friends, Happy 4th Day of July!
I have a BBQ set up on the patio, and you will find steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, chips, crisps, soft drinks, beer, wine and margaritas in the kitchen.
I only ask that I not recieve a phone call from the police department.
Good day to all.
Aw you did all of that for us Seven? That's very generous of you.
I hope you have a happy 4th of July :)
Hello Seven and Sweetcheeks!!!!
WOW!!! What a spread???!!! Color me red, white and blue (and impressed too)!
Thank you, Seven and a very:
~Happy 4th of July (5th of July to Ergo)!!!~
~Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!!!~
Ummm... regarding that phone call from the police; fireworks are legal here, correct? I promise not to set the neighbor's houses (or the barn) on fire.
*makes sure fire extinguishers are all full and in working order*
Hello, also, to Martha, NO, MissT, Amy, Ergo, Martha's friend and any anons and lurkers!
I hope everyone has a very enjoyable (and filling) day!
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*goes grab a margarita in the kitchen*
Strawberry margaritas!! My favorite!
*runs back in ~ very excited ~ after seeing the link Martha left on the last post*
Martha!!!! Thank you for that one!
Ergo is correct. Wendy is very happy about "Screamworks-Love In Theory and Practice"!!! Valentine's Day = the perfect day to release new "Love Metal"!
:D
It's been too long since we've had new HIM music.
Thank you, Martha! I hope you're having a great 4th!
*blows kisses*
Wow, I completely forgot it was the Fourth of July.
And um... Rocket in my Pocket?
You leave us with lines like that and you expect to NOT have the cops show up?
*sighs*
Well, time to fill the hot tub with bubble bath. Who wants a margarita?
*snags herself a plate with potato salad, a hotdog, a hamburger, chips, crisps and a steak*
Hmm...*peruses the variety of goodies offered*
Any Tab, Seven? I hope? *makes hopeful Bambi eyes*
Ooh, I'll take a hamburger with cheese, and some chips, and Amy, can you please hand me the ranch dip? Thank you.
*wanders off to find someplace to sit*
*hands over the dip*
I'm done eatin now, Amy, you wuz so sloooooooooooooooooooooow.
Not trying to crash the party, just letting Martha know I've been thinking about her.
Don't be too good, life's too short.
(Yay for playing with fire and blowing shit up!)
Martha's Friend
I think the party crashed awhile ago, apparently because I'M too slow at handing out dip.
*huffs*
Wait, Amy! I found a couple chips I dropped in the couch! All is not lost. Bring on the dip!
Hello, Martha's Friend. How've you been?
*comes back in with a brand new big bic*
Is it time the light the rocket in Seven's pocket?
;)
Well, just let me know when it is time to do that!
*grabs another strawberry margarita and heads out to the patio to grab another turkey hot dog or perhaps a veggie burger*
Hey, who ate all the dip?
*waves to Martha's friend*
*waves to Martha, J and Amy too*
Dang typos!!! There was supposed to be a "to" in that lighting question up there.
The "to" goes right after 'time' and just before 'light'.
J: Where have you been, young lady? Are you and L all finished with the move?
Amy: Stop sticking your fingers in the dip... please!
;)
Okay, going check the sheep. Call me when it's time for the lighting!
Have a great night, everyone!!! Sweet dreams to one and all!!!
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*blows strawberry margarita flavored kisses to Martha*
*waves back to Wendy*
*I* ate the dip, Wendy! After Amy finally passed it over. I think the reason she's so slow tonight is because of a certain friend of hers. You may know him, Jose Cuervo?
Wendy, I sent you a ginormous-ass email earlier. It tells all. ;D Talk to you later!
Guys, I'm outta here for the night. See you later!
HEY MARTHA! Look, I showed up, and you didn't come for the party! *sticks lower lip out, pouting* Eh, I'll catch up to you soon. *hugs*
Hi everybody,
I was stuck down there. it now I am up here. I have cookies.
*gas drink*
Thank you 7 this is very nice.
My Friend good to see you. You are never a party crasher.
As always my timing stinks. Everyone is gone.
grabs not gas
dayum!! I didn't see the new post! lol
thanks 7!!
happy 4th of July to you too (from the 5th of July)
oooh, glad there is lots of food left, and wine!!!
:]
hi Ep I didn't see it either
6 sent me an email to let me know.
I M ENJOYING A MARGARITA
mmmmmm
7 sure puts on a good spread
it is illegal to set off fireworks whee i live people are doing it anyway
yes he did
it's illegal everywhere here, but some people do get them somwtimes
there i fixed it
oh wow they are funny!
and all they need was some duck tape to do all that
amazing what you can do with duct tape, zip ties and hose clamps!
I liked the motor bike behind the car, wonder if they got pulled over
I like the jiffy pop fie alarm and the air lane with duct tape
I didn't get the fire alarm one, I didn't know what it was supposed to be
I liked the stuff duct taped to the roof on the car too
I had to go back and read the caption for that one.
what is a jiffy pop?
Jiffy Pop is popcorn and brand of ConAgra Foods. The product combines unpopped popcorn kernels and oil with an aluminum pan and folded aluminum foil lid. As the pan is heated, the popping corn causes the foil to unfold and puff up.
Fred Mennen of LaPorte, Indiana is credited with developing the product in 1958. It was based on a similar product designed five years before by Benjamin Coleman of Detroit, and marketed by the Taylor-Reed CorporationTaylor-Reed Corporation as E-Z Pop[1]. Mennen began marketing Jiffy Pop in 1959, and within one year it had reached the national U.S. market. [2]
In the early 1960s Taylor-Reed sued Mennen Food Products for patent infringement. The district court ruled for the plaintiff, finding Jiffy Pop and E-Z equivalent products, but the case was overturned on appeal.[3]
The plumbers crack patch is great
oh I get it now!
if it starts popping there is a fire
lol.
you don't have jiffy pop down there.
I have seen quite a few guys who need that!
no we don't, we buy just popcorn, or microwave popcorn
I have a hot air popper I use, I don't like all the butter stuff and salt on the microwave ones, I buy this nice seasoning
jiffy pop was popular before mircowave popcorn
microwave
it looks nifty, we always just used a frypan, that would be a lot easier
JP comes all together you have the oil. the corn and a pan all in one yo just go to the store and by it
that would be good, much easier and less messy than using your own
my air popper is great as it's no mess
We had one of those. I don't know where it is
ep you have mail
ok
goodnight
Hello Everyone,
7 thank you for the food and the drink it was great.
Now i must go lie down i have a hang over
*comes in singing*
~~"Is it so hard to believe our hearts are made to broken by love..."~~
It's Martha's fault!
:P
*leaves a bottle of water, two aspirin and two dramamine on the coffee table by futon for Martha*
Hello Seven, Martha, Martha's friend, Ergo, Amy, J, NO, lurkers!
How are you all today? Have you all recovered from yesterday's festivities? And, who used my big bic? Hmmmm....
It was Amy, wasn't it? Yeah, I know it was!
J: E~mail received and reply sent!
I had a nice sauna today. Didn't have to pay a penny for it. I simply had to walk outside to get hot, steamy and sticky (I would add half baked; but... well... yeah
*winks*)!
I hope you all enjoyed your Sunday!
I'll be back later. (I thought I should warn you all in case any of you want run and hide in your rooms ~ and lock the doors).
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*grabs her rubber duckie and scrub brush and heads to the shower while finishing her song o'the hour*
~~Is it so hard to believe our hearts
Are made to be broken by love
That in constant dying lies
The beauty of it all
My darling won't you feel
The sweet heaven in
Our endless cry
Oh at least you could try
For this one last time
So amazed how bright are the flames
We are burning in
Ever smiled at the tragedies
We hold inside
My darling won't you cherish
The fear of life that keeps
You and me so alive
Oh at least you could try
For this one last time
It could be alright
For this one last time
Oh at least you could try
(and we just will be closer)
For this one last time
(let me fall into your arms)
It could be alright
(don't let us grow colder)
For this one last time
(let me close to your heart)
Oh at least you could try
(and before it's over)
For this one last time
(let me fall into your arms)
It could be alright
(before it's all over)
For this one last time
(let me close to your heart)~~
^HIM "One Last Time"^
I love that song and that performance of the song!!!
*Runs in with a beer, some wine and a margaritas*
The bet way to treat a hung over more beer ;P
*Sets off a bottle rocket, My toes are still are right*
So 7 what you up to. My friend I have missed you good to see you. NO, where are you? Are you down there? What about up there? Or over there?
Well where every it is down there, up there or over there.
Well I am off to bed.
goodnight
(was hiding from the noise, armed with colander helmet and egg beater)
*leaves everyone 'Christmas in July' gifts*
Hiya everyone, how are you all?
*takes a litte peek at No one's pressies*
*picks one up and shakes it*
Stop being nosey girl.
So, I hope all you American chums had a great 4th July.
*looks sad*
I had a crappy weekend. the alcoholic neighbour had his music blasting so bad I had to call the police.
I am sooooooooo tired I didn't go to the gym today. I did manage to get out on the garden later and I managed to run the whole beep test again. If I can keep this up I should be OK.
The police were lovely. They don't come out to noise disturbance but they have a new out of hours team that works with the council. They said they send them round but couldn't that night as they were uber busy.
A nice policeman rang me the next day to say that he wants to fight my corner and bring an end to this cos it's been going on too long. I'm gonna get a visit this week from an officer and we will make a plan of action.
Anyway, I'm gonna try to have an early night while he is quiet. I was so tired this morning my eyes were swollen like you wouldn't believe.
Have fun guys and nighty night.
PS, I'm loving the new Used song.
Hello,
Miss t I am glad to hear you ran the test again. I am also happy that you have the police o your side now. I hope they take that ass down. Didn't know the Used had a new song.
NO, there you are. Good to see you. Have a cookie and a beer. Thank you. Xmas in July is always good.
For My Friend the face of an Angel
HIM
And two guys are leaving P!ATD. Too bad I liked the 1st CD the 2nd not so much. Oh well.
More bad shit to report, guys.
Logan has cancer.
It's a mass under his right ribcage, about the size of your thumb. He's lost almost a pound and a half in about a week; he's down to 2 lbs, was only about 4 to begin with. He's eating and drinking small amounts.
Dr gave him pain meds today, and said just to keep him comfortable, let him eat what he wants. We can get more pain meds if he needs them, also, which is good. Lisa's not doing so well; well, neither am I for that matter.
Just wanted to let you all know.
Fuck. When does the bad time stop?
xo jen
A nice policeman rang me the next day to say that he wants to fight my corner and bring an end to this cos it's been going on too long.
Is he nice looking as well? ;D
Fuck. When does the bad time stop?
I wish I knew J, I wish I knew...
Okay, hot bath and cookies and bed.
Have a... night I guess?
Hello Amy and J&L,
I am sorry to hear about Logan. I hope things turn out well.
Amy how ya been. I hope you have sweet dreams. You two J&L.
Martha,
There is so much to be said about that interview, just not here.
Hope you are doing well lately.
Your friend
I'm kind of afraid to say much BUT - my thoughts are with Jen and Lisa.
My friend good to see you
Not much is going on here right now so i don't think 7 would mind us going on about Supernatural.
Spill
Martha,
That may be true but my goal is to make it through an entire 24 hour period without pissing someone off. I was thisclose and I made the mistake of answering the phone.
Anyway, you. How are you? What amazing thing have you done since we last spoke? Come on, amuse me. ;)
Your friend
I wish i could amaze you my Friend but I am pretty boring. I worked in the garden. Watched Merlin and that is about it.
How have you been how is the patient. Oh and you would be making me happy telling me what you think about SN.
Spill. I am sure 7 is saying spill as well
Martha,
Ok, ok... Supernatural -
Castiel, Bobby, and Chuck all return. Need I say more?
Nothing said to the contrary so The Revenge of Trunk Nurse is a possibility. AWESOME!
Sam's woman comes back. Again. *cough* Yay or whatever. He's still a pussy.
Rufus comes back... I like that. No one got why I was so excited about him because they're too young here. Remember him from 21 Jump Street?
Archangels... I'm so fond of them, I have one of my own. Um, bad joke, sorry. If you don't get it, think back to my emails to you.
They notice God's been on vacation? About friggin time! I guess He can't interfere in their crap or whatever.
Is Ruby gone? I don't mean "Supernatural gone" but gone. She needs to be gone. Or to go back to being the blonde chick who could pull off the character. Was that rude? Oh well.
Movie? Fuck yes, please.
Spin off? Bobby and Chuck, I'm telling you... it would be life changing television.
The patient is doing well overall. The meds are really hard to tolerate so... Well, so's the patient sometimes. They seem to be working which is what matters.
I'm ok.
Your friend
I have not seen Rufus but I remember 21 jump street. Who wouldn't it gave Johnny to us,
The writer did say more supernatural creatures. The nurse will be back. Ruby I think she is dead. or she will be the nurse come back for revenge and to piss him off.
The two women he killed in one body. He hates Ruby and will want to kill but can't because she is in the body of the woman he was tricked into killing by Ruby.
What Will Sam Do? My guess he will piss his pants and run like hell.
Martha,
Sam will cry. Somehow, it will bring out his dimples, like everything magically does. Then, Dean will pierce his lips together, run a hand over his mouth, look away and tear up... feeling guilty that poor Sammy had to have yet another emotion that he couldn't protect him from. *sigh*
Sam needs to man up. Seriously.
Your friend
Maybe The Devil will bring the man out of Sam. I would hope that setting the devil free might make you grow a pair. And being wrong about everything the last what 4 years will teach ya a thing or two as well.
I am sorry but what you just wrote made me think of gay porn.
And now I know why the fans write so much brother on brother sex fiction
Martha,
I love you but gay porn? If that made you think of gay porn... Oh, forget it. Supernatural porn, I could do that. It would involve Castiel squinting. A LOT. ;)
Your friend
Martha,
Wincest?! They even mentioned that on the show. Dean was bothered by it but Sam seemed to enjoy the idea.
I don't like that idea, personally.
Your friend
Well would you prefer incest porn. Sorry if I offended you.
Also i had a really dirty conversation with someone about sex and porn
I remember that now. I think. Just forget they are brothers or make it some other person. Hmmm I read why to much anime fanfic it doesn't bother me as much
Martha,
I'm terribly picky about my porn. (I almost couldn't type that for laughing!) You'll have to fill me in on your dirty conversation some time. I have to go for now, promised the patient a back rub before bed.
Do something crazy for me, ok? You might only live once you know. ;)
Your friend
Well if you are going to be picky about something porn is a good thing to be picky about. There is some really bad awful stuff out there, Ad it will fuck you up.
Lets see some people might say a comment I made a while back was crazy.
here is a hint things we would do and things we have heard about people ad certain acts.
You and the patient have fun.
Have a goodnight
goodnight
Hello everybody I hope you are having a good day.
Hey My Friend I hope to see you around . I think I did something crazy maybe it is stupid more than anything. I am over at mayo's posting comments.
Anons started i on the lies and happened to go there to see a comment and away I went.
Hey if you want check out There I fixed it.com.
I guess I am out for the night.
I hope that my friends here stop byt in the morning,
Goodnight
Hi guys, I hope you are all well.
Martha, thanks for the encouragement sweetie.
Amy, he sounded nice looking if that's any help hahahaha!
J and L, I wanna say that I'm so sorry to hear about Logan. My heart goes out to the both of you.
Looks like I missed everyone.
Take care everyone. Nighty night xxxx
Hello Everybody,
Miss t I haven't been sleeping at night. In fact I don't go to sleep til about 6 or 7am. which is why I keep missing you and coming on here later ad later.
But it is always good to see and hear from you.
Hey MJ.
Hiya MissT.
hi Amy
Martha,
"I think I did something crazy maybe it is stupid more than anything. I am over at mayo's posting comments."
After several attempts and edits, I've decided to keep my trap shut on the subject. All I can share is that I hope you considered the source of what was said to you.
I asked you to do something crazy but that was simply insane. ;)
Your friend
Martha's friend:
I was stupid too because I also jumped right in there with Martha!
I never agreed that it was stupid. A momentary lapse in judgement would be more accurate. ;)
Hello My Friend and Mya,
My Friend you should know better than to tell me you will keep your mouth shut. Please tell me, I prefer to hear the truth from a friend.
Yes, I know who or what it was coming from. I don't know why I said anything.
Mya you weren't stupid at all. I was the one who said something.
Wow It is almost 5am. I should go to bed so goodnight everybody
Hiya guys, how are you?
Oh no MJ, sorry to hear about your sleeping patterns. No wonder we miss each other.
I have just checked in to see that you have just checked out.
I hope you do get some sleep sweetie cos I know how bad it is when you don't get enough.
As you are all on other timezones, I shall say goodnight now and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.
Love and snogs xxxxx
Martha,
*hug*
Since I had such a great day, everyone gets a hug. Whether they want it or not. ;)
Hope my day pales in comparison to yours.
Your friend
Hello Everybody,
Thank you Miss t. I am sorry I missed you.
I hope you are doing well on your test. I hope the cop is cute or is it bobby. Well as long as he helps you and is cute it is all good.
My Friend I hoe you and the Patient are doing well.
Hello My Friend good to see you so happy. Thank you for the hug.
How was my day i found a pair of shoes to wear when it's hot. I have ugly toes and can't wear sandals. So finding some nice shoes that are like sandals but hide my toes is great
Martha,
Everyone has ugly toes. Maybe all toes are just ugly.
Your friend
LOL. Well I want to keep mine hidden while letting them have a little air and sunny.
Thank you for the hug
Martha,
Hugs are on special today. It's been a lot of fun. People get really freaked out when you hug them for no reason.
You are a very good person. I let my toes suffer in the darkness.
Your friend
*hug* right back at you.
I usually let mine suffer in the dark but when it gets hot I can stand it as much. Well the last time it was hot. I had to go buy some shoes some cooler and lighter in color ones
I almost forgot it is Supernatural night.
And I think it si a good episode
Martha,
It's the wishing well episode. That friggin suicidal teddy bear gets me every damn time.
Your friend
(and about 6 people who won't go home)
Jul 9 2009Death By Chocolate: A Modern Augustus Gloop
My Friend it is at times like that when you wish you had a suicidal teddy bear to make everyone feel awkward and run like hell to get away.
Martha,
I saw that on the news and felt sick. No one heard the poor guy? I can't even imagine that.
The suicide note on her chalkboard makes you laugh. It's funny until he puts the gun in his mouth and you see the puff of... whatever was in him. His reaction to surviving makes me laugh until I cry. First she takes his alcohol and porn, then that. It's so wrong!
Your friend
Well this is the first I heard of the guy who died in chocolate.
Maybe a suicidal teddy bear wouldn't make them leave they might bond and get drunk and share stories of their troubles crazy lives.
You living room and sofa will become some odd self help group meeting place.
Put ex laz in the beer and lock the bathroom door. but leave the front door open.
Martha,
You have the most amusing ideas! We're much less subtle. The patient took care of them. Too bad that means I'm being reminded about working in a few hours and dragged to bed. :(
Have a crazy good day tomorrow!
Your friend
You will have to tell me what the Patient did to get them to go.
Thank you and I hope your morning is crazy and good as well.
Goodnight
*comes in singi....
O_O
What have I walked in on here?
Alcoholic, suicidal, porn watching teddy bears who like hugging ugly toes???
Oh, wait... the hugs and toes belong to Martha and her friend!
Okay, it's all good in that case!
Hello Seven, Martha, Martha's friend (YAY HUGS), Mya, MissT, NO, RW, everyone!!!!
How are you all tonight? Good, I hope!
It seems I missed one heck of a party! What was the movie? Teddy does Dallas? Ohhh.... Last Tango For Teddy!!!! Well, almost.
:P
Martha, Mya, Martha's friend: I, too, jumped right into that ... umm... whatever the hell that was a couple of nights ago. A Bullshit Rodeo would be an accurate description for what was happening there!
Maybe we should get t~shirts! I hear we won. The lint from Amy's pocket looks great on my mantle!
Still, I would have preferred that golf cart. Maybe next time (and, I'm sure there will be a next time).
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*jumps and quietly sneaks behind Wendy*
Boo!!!
^_^
Hello 6,
We won ex lax in our beer and no bathrooms.
PS: Martha's friend ~ WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!! It's good to see you!
*hugs*
Yeah, I can be slow.
:P
Hey bc how are you
Hey mj, how you're doing? I'm doing alright, downloading some songs at the moment.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*jumps in Martha's lap*
What the???
Sweetcheeks!!!!!!!
You scared me. I liked it!
How are you tonight? What's new with you? I miss you!
Martha: What's new with you (besides the shoes and hugs)?
One of my cats came back. Now I just need the other one to come back
We won ex lax in our beer and no bathrooms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O_O
Hell, that wouldn't be quite so bad if they had put the ex lax in a white (or, better, black) russian... even a glass of wine!
(I have buckets!)
;)
But beer? YUK!
When was the last time we chatted sugarplum? It feels like it's been ages!
I've been too much caught up with the True Blood phenomenon, otherwise I'm doing okay, I've been rocking to some finnish metal. how are you doing?
*blows kisses*
Sweetcheeks: What songs are you downloading?
I'm doing okay, ladies! Thanks for asking!
I've been rocking to some finnish metal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*big smile*
One of the best metal flavors, Sweetcheeks!!!!!
I'm so excited HIM is getting back into the studio next month. YAY!!!
I'm pretty excited about that too sugarplum. I hope the new album will be better than Venus Doom was.
Right now I'm trying out some new finnish bands that I haven't listened to yet.
*I interrupt the regularly scheduled comments for a special report from our special mail room correspondent Martha*
It appears Martha is in a sticky situation. Yes, a very sticky situation...
She sat in honey and is now in a desperate fight save her panties (what's in her panties seems to be okay ~ for now). A hot shower may be required...
I shall keep you all informed as this situation develops!
LOL
Sweetcheeks: I'm certain this will come as a HUGE shock to you; but, I LOVED VENUS DOOM!!!!!
;P
I've been listening to Extreme off and on since the other night. I suppose I'm still in that FUNKY mood!
I've always loved the harmonies in this one:
~More Than Words~
^So beautiful!!!^
How's Chocolate and Bugsy? Ohhh... how was your 4th?
Sorry it's taking so long for me to respond tonight. My computer is being extra, extra slow!
Martha probably has her panties unstuck and has showered off by now...
That's okay sugarplum.
Passion's Killing Floor is probably my only favorite saong from VD, lol.
Bugsy, the more bigger he gets, the more aggressive he becomes. Unfortunately because of that, I have to separate him from the rabbit when I have to put him outside.
He has the tendency of wanting to rip out Chocolate's neck, and not very nicely.
Hey i am back after much scrubbing i am all clean now
*is about to murder her computer*
>_<
You don't like Venus Doom (the song), Cynanide Sun, Bleed Well???
*nearly faints but remembers she needs to deliver a public service annoucement*
The following PSA is brought to you thanks to Parents For A Responsible America (and Extreme):
~Some good, wholesome DANCE music~
;)
Welcome back, Martha!!!!!
Did you de~honey yourself successfully?
yes it was easy but the water was so nice and hot i stayed a bit longer than needed
Sugarplum, sadly no. I may have to give it a few listens before I'll like the songs.
Right now I just downloaded a couple of songs from To/Die/For.
Apparently, they are now back together.
hey again mj. How's your kitties doing?
two of them are doing well. One has disappeared and one has come back form being off some place but he is being shy and has run off to hid
Speaking of a nice, long, hot showers; I could use one of those myself.
All that decadent (I mean wholesome) dancing puts me in the mood for one.
;)
It's been nice chatting and catching up a bit, Sweetcheeks and Martha! Thank you and thank you to Seven as well!
Goodnight and sweet dreams to one and all!
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
PS: Sweetcheeks ~ Let me know what bands/songs you downloaded!
Awww poor kitty, lol.
Goodnight sugarplum, sweet dreams! Right now I'm listening to some samples from Sentenced on Itunes.
*blows kisses*
Okay, so it's almost 2:30 I'm gonna read for a bit, then call it a night. Watching tv before I go to bed keeps my brain awake, so I'm gonna dull myself with reading some Sookie Stackhouse.
So, goodnight and sweet dreams mj.
Goodnight 6 and BC
Good night 7
Martha,
I can't tell you what made them leave. Not in polite company anyway. ;)
Was today fabulous or what? Spill!
Your friend
p.s. Supernatural Teddy Bear
Eye of the Tiger and the Scary Cat are there too. Never gets old.
Hello My friend,
Today wasn't so good. I had a mishap with the garbage cans. I also almost wet myself while running around looking or a bathroom while out.
How was your day and how is the patient
Goodnight 7, My Friend and NO
Hi and goodnight mj, sweet dreams. Hey to anyone lurking, just stopping by real quick before I head off for the night.
Sugarplum: Guess what? I might be going on a date pretty soon. Details tomorrow! I hope, you're well *blows kisses*
Miss T: *hugs* I miss talking to you. I hope you're well.
RW: *squeeze!*
Ergo: I hope you're having fun.
That's all for now. Off to bed. Goodnight guys.
Greetings (and good morning too) Seven, Martha, Martha's friend, Sweetcheeks, NO (down there ~ probably)... everyone!!!!
Martha's friend: That T. Bear clip is some funny stuff(ing)!!!! I really need to start watching the show again!
Martha: Almost wetting oneself is much better than the alternative! Although, your bladder might not have felt that way while you were running around searching for a restroom.
I'm glad you found one on time!!!
Sweetcheeks: A DATE???!!! YAY! So, how old is he? Where did you "meet" him? When did you you "meet" him? I can't wait to hear the details!
Ergo: Is today the day you "come home"? I miss you!
Seven: Can we get a foosball table? Please!
~I found a really nice one and it's on sale!!!~
I think it would look it look great in the game room!
Have a great day, everyone!!!
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
*exits while singing another favorite Extreme song*
~Hole Hearted~
"If I'm not blind why can't I see
that a circle can't fit where a square should be..."
I just LOVE those harmonies!!! The dancing's pretty darn good too!
hi everybody
Goodnight 7 ,My Friend and NO
I almost forgot I have a flower garden.
Some flowers have come up. here are some Moulin Rouge Sunflower.
*Places vase on table*
Woo! Moulin Rouge sunflowers!!
My roses finally bloomed, and while they are stunning, the slugs are eating them like candy.
My apple tree is being attacked by aphids as well, those little green bastards....
Martha,
I hope you are doing well. It's nice that you can grow flowers. Mold is as close as I can get but it doesn't flower. Maybe I need to wait longer?
Let me know how your weekend was. I might have missed something. Since I know you'll ask, mine was kinky. I was frisked by a cop. He seemed to like it a lot, real thorough. Not only did he want my number, he took all my information. We even played with his cuffs. I hope he calls! ;)
Talk to you soon. Might make an account so I can email you.
Your friend
Hello My friend and Amy,
Amy sorry to hear about your roses. You need to get some sail or some snail bait and kill those fuckers
My Friend glad to hear you had such a great weekend. I hope Miss T's cop is as thoughtful as your.
Me same old same.i am not very crazy or wild.
goodnight
Hi guys, how are you? I hope you had a great weekend.
I'm just doing the rounds telling everyone the same. I'm bummed I can't stay online chatting tonight cos I gotta be up early for a hospital appointment. I got a pre op assesment for an outpatient op I'm having next week. It's nothing serious, just a gynaecological thing. I'm sure tomorrow will involve lots of waiting, the letter says allow three hours so I'll be taking a good book hahaha!
Catch you weds guys xxx
I am back home!!!!
hello all
hello 7
amy bury bowls with beer in at the base of roses, slugs and snails love it, and drowning in something you love is a nice way to go, and you can sprinkle sawdust around the bottom of them too, they don't like crawling over it
missT hope the op goes ok, will be thinking of you
Hello Seven, Martha, Ergo, MissT, Amy, NO, everyone!!!
How are you all? Did you all have a good, exciting weekend?
It certainly sounds as though someone did!!!!
Martha's friend: You tease! How dare you come in here with words such as: kinky, frisked, handcuffs... and not give more details?
Was whipped cream involved? That goes great with handcuffs!!!! How about strawberries and chocolate sauce?
Did he call?
;)
Lucky you! That last time I was frisked that thoroughly was at X~Fest three years ago. She gave me quite a thrill, I must say. I had to thank her for it when she was done. (Sorry if that embarrassed you, Bre!)
:P
Ohhh... it was a good X~Fest too. Saosin, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, JETT, Papa Roach, AFI and The Killers (who could have turned the bass down a few notches)!!!!
Ergo: Welcome home!!!! I can't wait to hear all the glorious (and fun) details of your trip (and see pictures, of course)!
Martha: Did you talk to Seven about that badmitton court ~ surrounded by sunflowers ~ yet?
Amy: Ergo is correct! Snails love beer. They get drunk and drown, lol!!!! Apologies to any snail lovers out there.
MissT: I hope you have a good night's rest and I hope all goes well tomorrow (and next week). I'll be thinking of you!
I'm being dragged off to play Dino~Opoly again... Wish me luck!
Have a great night, everyone!
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
Martha, wanna come over and help me kill some garden pests?
MissT, good luck with your OutPatient OP. Don't forget to milk it for all it's worth.
Wendy and Bron, I hate sharing my beer with snails, but you are both correct. The small problem I had was that it rained heavily today and rinsed the beer off the plate. However, it's took the dead slugs with it, so I guess I can't completely complain.
Also, I saw my dog's twin sister today. Really really odd, to see a picture of another person's dog and swear upside down and backwards that it's your own. Man, I miss him.
How was everyone's day? Seven, are you out of banana bread yet? The banana tree in the backyard has been plucked clean!
hey amy
try to get some fine sawdust (ask around any carpenters they usually are happy to let you have it) and sprinkle a nice thick layer around the roses, they won't crawl on it, and it wont wash away, and it can't hurt animals you do like, like baits can do
hi wendy!!
I have some pics at Mayos, and I'll be putting a blog together soon
Hi everybody,
Miss T I hope all goes well.
Hi MJ how are you?
I had a brilliant time away, i am going to do a blog about it soon, today I am unpacking and stuff, well I'm supposed to be unpacking and stuff...
i am well Ep. I hope you are well.
very well thanks MJ, have you been doing more gardening?
yes I have
EP chat with me
as long as you don't mind me running back and forth I can chat, I have so much to do and I am so good at getting totally distracted!
On the Beach at Night
On the beach at night,
Stands a child with her father,
Watching the east, the autumn sky.
Up through the darkness,
While ravening clouds, the burial clouds, in black masses spreading,
Lower sullen and fast athwart and down the sky,
Amid a transparent clear belt of ether yet left in the east,
Ascends large and calm the lord-star Jupiter,
And nigh at hand, only a very little above,
Swim the delicate sisters the Pleiades.
From the beach the child holding the hand of her father,
Those burial-clouds that lower victorious soon to devour all,
Watching, silently weeps.
Weep not, child,
Weep not, my darling,
With these kisses let me remove your tears,
The ravening clouds shall not long be victorious,
They shall not long possess the sky, they devour the stars only in apparition,
Jupiter shall emerge, be patient, watch again another night, the Pleiades shall emerge,
They are immortal, all those stars both silvery and golden shall shine out again,
The great stars and the little ones shall shine out again, they endure,
The vast immortal suns and the long-enduring pensive moons shall again shine.
Then dearest child mournest thou only for Jupiter?
Considerest thou alone the burial of the stars?
Something there is,
(With my lips soothing thee, adding I whisper,
I give thee the first suggestion, the problem and indirection,)
Something there is more immortal even than the stars,
(Many the burials, many the days and nights, passing away,)
Something that shall endure longer even than lustrous Jupiter
Longer than sun or any revolving satellite,
Or the radiant sisters the Pleiades.
by
Walt Whitman
Goodnight
goodnight Mj
goodnight 7
goodnight all
xx
Ooops, sorry for making a mess.
Let's try this again, shall we?
Hello Seven, NO, Martha, Ergo, MissT, Amy, everyone!!!
How are you all today? Well, good and not being "frisked" by anyone (unless that's what you want), I hope!
I posted this next door and wanted to share it here as well.
It's an early TV appearance of AC/DC covering a blues classic!
~Baby Please Don't Go (Down to New Orleans)~
Isn't that GREAT???!!! Not as great as MUDDY WATERS (of course); but, great none the less!
I needed some rockin' blues to cheer me up after my defeat at both Dino~Opoly and Sorry last night.
I was devasted!
Yeah, but I did kick my little man's butt at Sequence once again!
*wicked laugh*
:P
I hope you're all enjoying the day!
Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy
Who wants to take an EVIL quiz? Let's find out just how evil we really are!
~How Evil Are You Really~
I'm a bit disappointed with my results.
:P
Well, I do think of fluffy clouds! I also get my strength from the night! (I'm a strange creature, aren't I?!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOOD CHARACTER
"You have a good character. Others see you as a good person to be around. You don't like looking for trouble and you care especially when others are down.
You may tend to stray or think about actions concerning the other side."
210 other people got this result! That's 13%
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I'm certain some people would disagree with those results. LOL!!!
Okay, I want to know how evil the rest of you are... REALLY!
Hey Seven, Martha, Wendy, Ergo, Martha's Friend, Amy, B.C., No One, Miss T. and anyone else I missed!
Going to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter, yeah, I know, geekville, but I LOVE the books and movies. J. likes them too, but not like I do. I drag her along with me. :)
Good to have you home, Ergo! Glad you had a great time!
Miss T. I hope your doctor's appt. went well. I'm sorry to hear you are having to have surgery. Let us know how you are, ok? Hugs and love to you.
Wendy, I took the test, and I got:
GOOD CHARACTER
too!
What's up with that? LOL
I liked the little bunny picture they had the description written on!
Gotta go, but I'll talk to you guys later.
Love you!
L.
hello L!
have a great time
ummmm..........
I may have just gotten "scary" I don't exactly know how that happened....
really I'm very nice....
honest
:]
I'm "Pretty Bad" with a graphic I can barely read.
That also describes my week so far.
Martha,
*sigh*
You ok?
Your friend
hello MJ's friend
MJ I have my blog of pics up if you want a look
and anyone else
Hello EP and My Friend,
I am well I hope you areas well.
EP I will check out in a bit
I'm great thanks MJ, busy but good
goodnight
Hi guys, how are you all?
Thanks to everyone who wished me good luck at the hospital.
I'm good. I got through all the prodding and poking of the pre op. I had to have my blood taken and my veins decided to play hide and seek. The nurse couldn't get a vein she tried tapping one arm, decided the other looked better and stuck me. No luck, she hit nothing. She decided she couldn't see a vien and sent me downstairs to the profesional blood takers. They didn't have much better luck. It took three people in all to try to get a little blood. They managed it but my arms look like pin cushions.
I have the fun of the op next thurs when I am bound to be
prodded again. Oh well, after what some of you have suffered lately, this is nothing at all.
We are off to the coast this weekend as it is the anniversary of dad's death on the 18th. We always go to the harbour where we sprinkled some of his ashes. We are gonna be away for the whole weekend, have a nice break. I shall miss you guys while I'm gone.
We need a break as the neighbour has been playing up again. He decided it was a good idea to do some gradening at 2:30am this morning. Great eh? Our neighbours on the other side were disturbed cos in this warm weather they like their wiondows open. My nieghbour told me she got three hours sleep last night, I said welcome to my world. Anyway, they are opening an official complaint with the council too. With more of us complaining, I hope something gets done. The council are coming out to visit us to put a plan into action. We shall see.
Anyways, I am shattered and off to bed now for as long as the peace lasts.
Nighty night xxxx
good morning!!!
we had frost this morning, first proper one this year, paddock across the road is all white and about half way up our place
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Hi everybody,
Miss T I hope you have fun on your trip.
Next time that guy gardens at 2.30AM this is what you do.
that morning get some snails ad throw on his garden. You could also blow dandelion seeds over there.
And Ep I think you will like this.
I kept hearing this song on the radio ( the few times I listen). I would forget about it and than hear it again. Well i heard it again today.
I had no idea who it was but something in my head kept saying it's muse. I just looked it up it was. Muse Time is runing out.
Man every body wants something from me tonight.
Hello My Friend I hope you are well
wooo hooo MJ!!!!
that is a great song :]
hope you're well?
I am :]
lol I am well
Ah! Why, Because the Dazzling Sun
Ah! why, because the dazzling sun
Restored my earth to joy
Have you departed, every one,
And left a desert sky?
All through the night, your glorious eyes
Were gazing down in mine,
And with a full heart's thankful sighs
I blessed that watch divine!
I was at peace, and drank your beams
As they were life to me
And revelled in my changeful dreams
Like petrel on the sea.
Thought followed thought—star followed star
Through boundless regions on,
While one sweet influence, near and far,
Thrilled through and proved us one.
Why did the morning rise to break
So great, so pure a spell,
And scorch with fire the tranquil cheek
Where your cool radiance fell?
Blood-red he rose, and arrow-straight,
His fierce beams struck my brow;
The soul of Nature sprang elate,
But mine sank sad and low!
My lids closed down—yet through their veil
I saw him blazing still;
And bathe in gold the misty dale,
And flash upon the hill.
I turned me to the pillow then
To call back Night, and see
Your worlds of solemn light, again
Throb with my heart and me!
It would not do—the pillow glowed
And glowed both roof and floor,
And birds sang loudly in the wood,
And fresh winds shook the door.
The curtains waved, the wakened flies
Were murmuring round my room,
Imprisoned there, till I should rise
And give them leave to roam.
O Stars and Dreams and Gentle Night;
O Night and Stars return!
And hide me from the hostile light
That does not warm, but burn—
That drains the blood of suffering men;
Drinks tears, instead of dew:
Let me sleep through his blinding reign,
And only wake with you!
by
- Emily Jane Brontë
That feirce bitch Ellen!
Yep, it's official.........Ellen is back.
Actually it was official a while back but you don't want to jinx these things.
Very psyched! It feels like forever and i am thrilled to be back with the boys and the crew and the show. Although it will be a little bittersweet without Kim Manners there. I'm sure he is rockin' out in another dimension somewhere looking down at us thinking, "poor bastards", with a smile on his face.
Apart from a convention here and there i haven't actually seen Les Freres Winchester in quite some time and am really looking forward to it...... as well as kicking some ass. See if we can get some of that in there, too. I'll do my best.
Nope. Not giving any details. Sorry. Wouldn't be prudent. But i will say this...
There might be some salt.....maybe a demon or two......and a whoooole lotta bad s**t going on. There. I'm sure i have totally shed light on the situation for you. (Aren't there things called spoilers for that?)
godnight
Hi guys, how are you?
I'm just popping in before I start sorting my clothes for the weekend.
Thanks for the good wishes and gardening sabotage tips MJ ^_^ Unfortunately, that wouldn't deter him as his gardening doesn't actually include any gardening as such. He just likes to bang things around a bit.
Well, I shall wish you all a great weekend.
Nighty night xxxx
Hello Everyone,
Miss T alright let see. How about throwing dog shit in his yard. even if he is just banging things around it is still annoying.
My Friend it is SN tonight. Unfortunately it has a red head in it that gets with Dean. But I do like her hair color
Goodnight
hello!!!
we got to 0C this morning!!
that is whatever Fahrenheit that water freezes, lots of frost
hello everybody,
Hey Martha, how are you?
I saw that Walter Cronkite died. He was the one we always watched for the news when I was younger. I really liked him.
hello MJ
hello L
wow he'd been reading the news for so long, how old was he? I never saw him properly but his name was always coming up
Hi L,
I am well I hope yo are as
well. I saw that news item as well
He was 92, Ergo. The article said he died at his home, but didn't give a specific cause of death.
He was a really great newscaster. After he retired I watched Dan Rather (My Man Dan, I called him, LOL) until he retired a couple of years ago. You should have seen the broadcast for the 2000 presidental election! Dan was hyped up beyond belief, and said some pretty funny stuff. He was on the air over 24 hours straight, and he said when he pulled those kind of shows his assistant always made him "special coffee" to keep him going. No telling what was in that stuff!
hello EP how are you i am well
some newscasters just have something about them don't they!
I'm well thanks, was bloody cold earlier
I'm just doing some washing (it NEVER seems to end) and making some nibbles to take to dinner at bro-in-laws tonight
what you both up to?
They do, Ergo, LOL!
Hey Martha, I'm ok, just feeling a little rough.
it's hot and I am sleepy. I was out today in the sun. I didn't like it.
L why do you feel that way
Did you get sunburnt today, Martha? Sometimes you can get sun poisoning if your out too much. RW said she was out a lot one day and felt bad too.
I have an upper rest. infection with fluid on my ears. I went to the doc on Wed. and she told me to take Mucinex DM and Tylenol and if it turned into bacterial infection or if I don't feel better to come back next Wed. They are keeping an eye on anything that might mess up my breathing again after what happened in March.
I hope you get better L. We won't want a repeat of what happened in March.
I fell a sleep in the car in the hot sun.
Post a Comment