Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Scalded

Churning and boiling
heaving, hot - like a cup of tea
on a table in an earthquake.
The steam zigzags up as
the cup clanks and rat-tat-tatson the saucer
And the dark tea sloshes around
in a whirlpool
over-spilling the sides and
staining the fine lace cloth
PressureStressForceGravity - and then
E X P L O S I O N!
and silence.
Peace.
The deadened silence of a cease- fire . . .
thick, heavy silence.
It's almost as unbearable as the quake . . .
more ominous . . . fearful . . . unknown . . .
Can this uncertain peace
really be more comfortable
than certain war?

Wendy Flora

106 comments:

Amyranth said...

Incredible.

...

And you know, I wouldn't want to take away from what you mean with posting this poem, but I have to admit, it sounds a bit like Michael Jackson to me.

...

I'm sorry if that's not what you meant, but I kinda have him on the brain right now.

Nice to see you in though Seven!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you Seven. I hope you're well.

Anyone here?

Amyranth said...

I'm bandying about BC. How've you been?

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy. I'm doing alright, thanks. What's up with you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello 7, Amy and BC,

I am not very good with the meanings behind poems. We never really did that in school.

I usually don't try to find the meaning behind anything. I will just say I like this. and it is good to have you around.

Anonymous said...

what does the lucky charms interest mean?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I hope that is like a rabbits foot or something because the cereal is nasty. Well at least I don't like it. Marshmallows in cereal ....ewwwww

Martha Smith-Jones said...

My Friend,

I hope you and the Patient are well. I hope to hear from you soon

Anonymous said...

Hey mj, anon if you guys are here.

Gonna call it a night. Sweet dreams.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight BC

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Ok. 7, yeah the thought of marshmallows in my cereal is making me sick

ergoproxy said...

hello 7!!!!!

nice to see you, and nice choice :]

hi MJ, BC

I just got home from seeing the Hannah Montana movie, it was fun, the girls loved it!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello EP,

How are you

ergoproxy said...

I still am really unsure about how edible Lucky Charms really are

however I do like the concept of having a lucky charm that you keep with you

ergoproxy said...

I'm good, survived the movie lol

how are you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Ep i ate those things once never again. Give me good old captain crunch

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I am well, Glad yo saw that movie and lived to tell the tale

ergoproxy said...

I have tried Captain Crunch now, thanks to TJ :]
It's nice

your cereals are very sweet though, they taste different to ours

Martha Smith-Jones said...

yes they are

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I keep trying to post comment s but it won't post the first time around

ergoproxy said...

oh

mine seems ok, but often when I first sign in it tells me it's the wrong password, when it isn't and will work the second time

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I have had that not to much anymore I have to sing in through google

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I killed the blog :'(

Anon616 said...

Hello Seven, Martha, Amy, Sweetcheeks, Ergo, NO (if you're still "down there", somewhere)!!!

How are you all tonight? Good (despite the scalding and the inevitable E X P L O S I O N) I hope!

Seven: It's so good to "see" you! Thanks for the poem/new post!

Neither you nor Wendy Flora should worry too much about that fine lace cloth. Some club soda or a clorox bleach pen should get that stain right out! Just let it soak in awhile.

And, if those don't work, you could always cover the stain with a fine silk placemat... or a nice plant.

Martha: I have some pictures!!!

~My big girl Sandy Ann!~

~My, what a big smile (and fangs) she has!~

~10 pounds of dynamite! My little baby girl ~ Tinker Belle!~

~She's such a little tease! :P~

~He really needs to come out of his shell!~

~There he is!!! It's Henry!~

What was that about a lucky rabbit's foot?
~Oh no you don't!!!! She bites too! Hard!~

And, she will not be pressure cooked, boiled, churned or scalded either!

Step away from my bunny, people!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

ergoproxy said...

hello wendy

no blog is ok MJ I just have some dishes to wash so I am coming and going

Martha Smith-Jones said...

AM I BACK?

Anon616 said...

Hello Ergo!!!!

*smoooooch*

You can come wash my dishes if you want. I mean, I would sacrifice the pleasure I receive from playing in the bubbles to add to your pleasure. Anything that makes you happy!
;)

I hope my pictures didn't lead Martha to the land of the lost (and/or stuck)!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Yes, I am

Anon616 said...

Martha!!!! You is back! You is! I can see you now!

You're looking mighty pretty tonight. What's that scent you're wearing?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Cheery blossom

And there is a funny story behind it

I was eating and i kncocked over a bottle of cherry blossom room scent. It fell on my arm and i hope not int my food. Bt if I disappear I maybe dead

Anon616 said...

O_O

Come closer and let me smell your breath.

*wiggles eyebrows*

Fear not... for I have the paramedics on speed dial.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I know its on my arm
but i don't know about the belly

Anon616 said...

May I recommend flavoring yourself and your food with something a bit more appetizing (and edible) next time?

Perhaps some juice of the cherry bomb?

On second thought, nevermind. That stuff could kill you too! Probably faster than the air refresher!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I have nasturtiums outside, I think they might smell nice and yo can eat them

Anon616 said...

Okay... are you experiencing any stomach pain? Do you have a bitter taste in your mouth?

Whatever you do, don't lick your arm!

Milk! Drink some milk, Martha. It's what I do after I Seven dust myself!

(No offense to Seven meant.)

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Seven dust? what is that. I can't drink milk. It makes bad things happen to the belly

Anon616 said...

Ohhh.... those are edible! Well, not if you Seven dust them they aren't! At least not for a few days after the dusting.

But, 5 percent Seven dust is safe to use on bunnies if your bunny gets fleas. I wish I did not know that. That's what I get for letting Miss. Bingle's Bunny hop around the yard for a little while!

ergoproxy said...

I like nasturtiums

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Ok I used the 7 spray. No problems at all. the snail bait on the other hand gives me problems

Anon616 said...

In that case, DON'T drink milk!!!

Seven dust is a pesticide. Gets rid of all sorts of bugs and pests!

It doesn't taste very good, though.
:P

Martha Smith-Jones said...

To eat?

Anon616 said...

Liquid Seven doesn't taste very good either.

I must learn not to spray or dust on windy days.

Ergo: Do you mean you like looking at them or eating them? I've never tasted them.

ergoproxy said...

both

they are really nice in salads,
but I like biting the bit off under and sucking the nectar

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I haven't eaten them myself.

Anon616 said...

but I like biting the bit off under and sucking the nectar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That does sound appealing and yummy! Is it sweet?
;)

I love the scent of basil in my yard. A sweet and spicey scent!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

my basil died
i must plant more

Anon616 said...

I never ate my Nasturtiums either, Martha.

Of course, I did plant them over the graves of Muffy, Tispy, Fluffy and Thumper...

It just didn't seem right to eat them considering where they were planted.

Anon616 said...

You must, Martha!!!! Fresh basil not only smells yummy, it taste yummy! And, it's supposed to help keep mosquitos away. Yeah, doesn't seem to work here! That or the marigolds, or the mosquito plants or the safe soap insecticides.

ergoproxy said...

you should try them they are nice, young leaves or petals in salad, fragrant, a nice peppery edge. or the nectar tastes like they smell

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Catnip and lemongrass and rosemary are what I heard

Anon616 said...

I'll have to get another pack of seeds and plant them elsewhere, Ergo. You do make them sound tempting!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I found a dead kitten in the back yard I am putting catnip, catmint and grass on it's grave

Anon616 said...

I've tried them all, Martha. Louisiana mosquitoes are mutants!!! Nothing kills them but a good slap. Then, you get blood all over yourself. YUK!

Ohh... the tiki torches with citronella oil do keep them away though. The Off candles work pretty good too!

But, the second you blow those candles and put those torches out... THEY SWARM and ATTACK!

Vicious bloodsuckers.

ergoproxy said...

that's a nice idea MJ

we have basil growing, rosemary parsley mint
vietnamese mint sage thyme oregano I like fresh herbs

Martha Smith-Jones said...

try the lemongrass aka citronella

Anon616 said...

Martha Jones said...
I found a dead kitten in the back yard I am putting catnip, catmint and grass on it's grave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry, Martha.
:(

I think the poor little kitten is lucky you found it and you're giving it such a nice resting place.
:)

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Well I hope it is r. i.p. now

Anon616 said...

There's nothing like fresh herbs and veggies, is there Ergo?!

I miss my veggie garden. It's just so hot (and insect filled) here in summer. The poor veggies don't stand a chance.

Well, I must be off for a while. I have bubbles that need to be played with!

It's been nice chatting (bugs, pesticides, edible plants, herbs and spices) and catching up, Martha and Ergo!

Thanks, again, Seven!

Goodnight and sweet dreams to one and all!!!!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

ergoproxy said...

we buried a kitten in our garden, it was dumped and very tiny, tried to save it but it dies the next day

Anon616 said...

Me too, Martha.

*hugs and kisses*

Goodnight!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight 6 and sweet dreams

ergoproxy said...

goodnight wendy sweet dreams
xx

Anon616 said...

*runs back in once more*

Martha's friend: I miss reading you!!! Your banter with Martha always made me smile. I hope you're well and I hope to read you, again, soon!

NO: I miss you too and hope you are well "down there"!

That is all!

*blows night night kisses*

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Last time I saw NO, No was looking in the key hole

Martha Smith-Jones said...

It looks like everyone is off to bed. I guess I ill head there myself.

7, 6, Amy, BC, EP ,My Friend, No one and anons/lurkers have a good night.
later

ergoproxy said...

good monring!!

the fog is nearly burnt off on this lovely Thursday :]

hope everyone is good

MissTottenham said...

Hiya peeps, how are you all?

Nice new blog 7, I like it. I hope you are well.

I was gonna come online tonight but fell asleep. I'm just popping in before going to bed.

Catch you all tomorrow.

Nighty night xxxx

Amyranth said...

People who kill kittens should suffer a no better death than was inflicted upon them.

Any animal.

Fucking people.

*had to tear her knitting apart AGAIN today*

ergoproxy said...

it is very cruel

isn't knitting meant to be relaxing?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello Everybody,

how are you

ergoproxy said...

Hi MJ I'm good how are you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I am well what are yo up to

ergoproxy said...

I just assisted getting through a section of a Finding Nemo video game my girl is playing
Apart from that normal housework, as usual
what have you been up to?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I was planting sunflowers

ergoproxy said...

yellow ones or coloured ones?

I have some raisin bread baking, it's just rising now so soon the house will smell gorgeous

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Right now I don't know I just know they were sunflowers. I think I have the red,white and yellow ones.

I want to go back out and do more with that spot

ergoproxy said...

bet it'll look lovely
our vege garden has green peas coming on now, they are so sweet and delicious
the sweetcorn will be ready in a week or so too
the tomatoes have started fruiting and we have some cabbage, broccoli and cauliflowers growing too, but they are only small

but right now I'm de-cat-hairing the couches with a rubber glove - lotsa fun!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

lol, my cat is sitting in the window. Well one of them

ergoproxy said...

mine are all outside, it's a beautiful sunny day today, nice and warm too
it's 27C outside, not in the sun, more like early summer!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

My cat just hoped out the window. It is nice.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

are you still around

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Good Afternoon, Evening and Night,

How is everyone. My Friend it is Supernatural night tonight

MissTottenham said...

Hi everyone, how are you all?

Damn these timezones, I seem to miss everyone.

Well, I did it. Today I managed to run the whole beep test on the garden. In stifling heat I may add. I've still got 7 weeks in which to perfect it.

It's so hot here at the moment, I'm gonna go cool down.

I hope you all have a fantastic 4th July weekend.

xxxx

ergoproxy said...

goooooooood morning!!!

hey missT, congrats on the beep test practice

I have had coffee and feel nice and awake

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello EP and Miss T,

Good to see you. Miss T glad to hear the test went well.


Ville Valo (H.I.M.) Shamelessly Promotes New Album

ergoproxy said...

Hi MJ I'm just about to head out to grab some groceries as our guest arrives today, might catch you a bit later

Vlie is getting in early with promotion!
bet wendy will be thrilled

and I only have a bit over 9 weeks until the Muse album release squeeee!!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

So I will have to stat posting Muse stories

Martha Smith-Jones said...

looks like everyone is else where.

goodnight

ergoproxy said...

Hi MJ
jumping on while hubby and his dad are outside

any Muse stories will be greatly appreciated :]

hope you're well, I had a good day, just starting to make dinner

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Good Day everybody

ergoproxy said...

Good Morning!!

:]

MUSE ARE TWEETING THE SONG LIST FROM THEIR ALBUM!!!!!!

1. Uprising
2. Resistence
3. Undisclosed Desires
4. United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage)
5. Guiding Light
6. Unnatural Selection
7. MK Ultra
8. I Belong To You (+ Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix)
9. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
10. Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)
11. Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)

:D

Amyranth said...

WHO WANTS TO ROCK?

:D

ergoproxy said...

ME!!!!!

have HAARP on LOUD

join me!!

Oooobaby don't you know I suffer....
Oooobabay can you feel me moan...

Amyranth said...

...

HAARP?

o_o

Whazzat?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello Amy and EP. I will be back. I need to water my plants.

ergoproxy said...

HAARP = live DVD of Muse at Wembley Stadium = <3

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Back but no one is around

Martha Smith-Jones said...

still no one where is everyone.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I have cookies

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello Everybody

ergoproxy said...

hello MJ!!!

I have monster truck pics at my blog
and I'm busy packing to go away tomorrow

happy 4th july!!!!

how are you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello EP,

I am well, how are you.

ergoproxy said...

I'm great thanks MJ

just packing and all ready to head off in the morning.,want to get everything sorted before I go, housework wise

any fireworks near you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hey ep there i s a new post.

Also legal we can't set them off and the doesn't have enough money to put on a show