Thursday, April 30, 2009

Serenity’s Song

A calming moment
Sitting on a concrete bench
The stillness broken only
By the songs of the birds in the trees overhead

A place of great peace
Flowing from this willing heart
Forever beginning
In this instant of time

The birds’ songs continue
As the beauty invades
Pervasively rippling
Serenity’s quiet song

Steve Robinson 2008

509 comments:

1 – 200 of 509   Newer›   Newest»
Seven said...

Greetings to all, and hope you are well. I am fine, enjoying some rare time off for the moment.

Bleeding Chaos, I missed you as well. How are you doing with your studies? I found a few criminal law books on my trip and left them in the library for you. Elena can show you where they are.

MissTottenham, you are right about the old Batman series. I loved them, still do. Some of the best and funniest lines came from that show. I hope you are also doing well at school.

MarthaJones, zombie attack, I would choose food, car with a GPS, first aid kit, flame-thrower with tons of fuel and a cell phone with unlimited battery. First plan of action- RUN LIKE HELL. After that it’s just running on adrenaline.

Ergoproxy, a lightsaber would be great too, I like that idea. Still no trace of the TBM Avenger Bombers, but I think I found the Mary Celeste crew. It was a little foggy.

Amyranth, is that why the banana loaf was essentially creamed? Ah, well, it tasted good anyway. Try the “low” setting next time.

No One, come on up. I’m sure Amyranth will make more banana bread (with lots of butter, and on the “low” setting) for all of us later. Ergroproxy, can you write out the next grocery list for No One?

Miranth, thank you for the Daleks photo! I don’t believe even a full sized Dalek would stand a chance against that cat. Hope you are well.

Anon616, I promise the next time I venture into the Triangle I will save a seat for you. Forget the mixer though, electricity is shaky at best. I don’t recall much from my visit, it was a blur of numbers, papers and life sapping creatures. Either aliens or corporate liaisons, can’t remember which. The flowers are lovely, and will go well in the sunroom. Thank you.

Has anyone heard from Original Punk J about L? I hope she is recovering and J is alright.

Be good to each other, and I will talk with you soon.

MissTottenham said...

Just popping in before bed.

Hiya seven, great to hear from you again. I hope you are keeping well sweetie.

You are right, old batman kicks ass. I wipe away tears of laughter watching those old shows.

L is back home with J and continuing to recover well, which is really good news.


Nighty night and have a great weekend.

xxxxxx

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Some how I keep missing you. My timing is really bad but I hope you have a nice day. And running like hell is always good. You can't beat it .

ergoproxy said...

helloooo 7!!!!

nice to see you and I do love reading your comments

hi MJ !

night missT

as missT said, J is so happy L is back home, turned out she wasn't contagious too and has a better treatment for the rash and is able to walk up steps and get around, but still gets very tired of course.

I am off camping for the weekend so hope you ahve a lovely weekend, and that I can catch up when I get back

Amyranth said...

*waves her hand*

Seven, did you see Cthulhu while you were in the Bermuda Triangle?

Low, eh? I must have missed that setting. I saw On, Beat, Pulverize, and Jersey.

I stuck with Beat, but looks like I'll be using Low this time. :P

How about here? Anyone home?

Anyone see RW around lately?

Anonymous said...

Bleeding Chaos, I missed you as well. How are you doing with your studies? I found a few criminal law books on my trip and left them in the library for you. Elena can show you where they are.Good to see you as well Seven. Thank you for the new post. Studies have been going pretty good, but I felt that I could do better, so improvement is needed. I am considering switching my major. Although criminal justice is interesting, I felt as if it's not right for me, so there's a lot of potential changes coming. But thank you for the books, I appreciate that.


Hallo Amy!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello bc and amy . How are you? I talked to Rw earlier today I will her know you asked about her

Anonymous said...

Hey mj, how are you doing?

I'm alright, thanks.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

i am well trying to find a place to watch last weeks supernatural

Anon616 said...

*enters and pauses to listen to the quiet song of Serenity*

Beautiful!
:)

Hello Seven, Martha, Sweetcheeks, MissT, Amy, Ergo, everyone!

*starts wondering if Seven left NO down there ~ in the mysterious, watery depths of The Triangle*

Hmmm....
;)

Thank you for the new post, Seven! I have no idea who this Steve Robinson is; but, he certainly can write a poem.

Thanks, also, for promising to save a seat for me on your next trip to the above mentioned Triangle. Ummm... will it be a rescue mission? Will we need to be rescued from life sapping creatures (either aliens or corporate liasons). Wait, isn't that redundant?
;) again

I'm glad you liked the plants. I can order more for the patio if you would like!

Sweetcheeks: How was your last day of school for this semester? When do you get your final grades?

MissT: I thought you might like that suggestion on how we can help to better the world/advance the cause for world peace. I know I certainly liked the sound of that!!!

Ergo: Have a great time on your camping trip!!!! Watch out for all those poisonous snakes! Eeeeep!!!!

Amy: I'm hungry. Where's that banana bread we were promised? Ohhh... how about some potatoes augratin? And a nice green salad or shrimp cocktail!

Martha: ZOMBIES????? Oh no! First the kidnappers, then the Daleks, now ZOMBIES??? We're going to need to get NO, Bre, RW, J and L, Miranth, Elena and FASC back to help us fight them! Ohhh... Possum and GS too!!! I haven't seen them around here lately.

Okay, going put on my Zombie battling outfit! I'll be back in a bit!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Anon616 said...

*comes down stairs in her best chainmail and leather zombie fighting outfit*

*tests spiffy new flame~thrower*

O_O

*accidentally sets drapes on fire*

Ooops!

Martha, Sweetcheeks, NO: I need the fire extinguisher.... NOW!!!!!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I don't think 7 is going to like that 6

puts fire out with fire extinguisher

Anonymous said...

Hiya sugarplum, how are you doing?

Last day of school: I was kinda bummed about it. Before I left, I got into a big argument, so I wasn't feeling very chipper today. I'm not sure when I get my final grades yer.

Anon616 said...

*hangs head in shame*

I think you're correct, Martha.

But... I didn't mean to do it. It was an accident!

Thanks for putting that out for me!!!

We have fire insurance, right?
;)

Anon616 said...

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that, Sweetcheeks.

*huge hug*

Are you feeling any better now? Look, I redecorated the den... in charcoal ~ just for you!!!!
;)

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello bc

Anonymous said...

hey mj.

Thanks sugarplum. I'm alright, but I wished it'd stopped raining. It's been pouring for a few days now. I got a birthday party to go to on Saturday, and I gotta get my hair done tomorrow because it's one of those dress required parties :S


How is the Jazz fest going so far?

Anon616 said...

Ooops, sorry Sweetcheeks! I was changing. I'm trying to look innocent. Do these white pj's help?

Jazz Fest is going great this year. The most successful since pre~Katrina!!!! For a change, it didn't pour on opening weekend and the weather this weekend is supposed to be nice as well!

I hope it doesn't rain for your party!!! And, you know I want to see pictures of your hair!

Anon616 said...

... and your dress!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome sugarplum.

This party is a surprise party for my brother, but everyone has to dress up for it, so I got a nice black and green dress to probably wear with maybe, just maybe, a pair of nice heels.

Who would have thought that I'd be thinking about heels? X_x


I shall try to take pics when I can ^_^

Anon616 said...

Ohhh... I must see a picture of those shoes too!!!!

I bet you're going to look great, sweetcheeks! Don't worry, I'm sure you won't fall off your shoes. (Although, it does happen to the best/most experienced high heel wearers!)
;)

One more thing, HAPPY MAY DAY everyone!!!!!

Sweetcheeks: You want to take a twirl around the MayPole with me? It's tradition!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's may already. The year is going by so fast!

Maypole dance? Sure sugarplum :D


Sadly, I don't have experience wearing heels. I don't really need to, considering my height, but after looking at my dress, I think heels would look better with it than flats.

Anon616 said...

YAY!!! I have a MayPole dancin' partner!

Hang on one second, sweetcheeks. I must

~~~leave a basket outside of all the bedroom doors~~~

Then, I must tie the ribbons to the pole:

~~and crown it with flowers~~

Okay, now we're almost ready! What song shall we dance to?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hey I am back

Anon616 said...

Hi Martha!!!! Grab a basket and a ribbon. We're getting ready to dance!

Are you feeling better?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

So who will be burning in the wicker man

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Yes I am

Anonymous said...

I'm totally gonna steal one of those heart shaped candy bags.

Songs? Hmm....

Anon616 said...

I think you or BC should do that. I've burned enough things for tonight!
:P

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I guess we can just get ourselves a wicker man

Anonymous said...

I guess so mj ^_^

I think I'm gonna sign off for the night. Goodnight mj, sugarplum, sweet dreams.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight BC

Anon616 said...

*comes in exhausted from dancing round the pole next door*

Boy, this May Day stuff gets harder every year!

Goodnight Sweetcheeks, Martha, Ergo, Seven, lurkers!

Sweet dreams to one and all!

*hopes someone picks out the music for our dance this evening*

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight 6 and 7

see you in the morning

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello everybody I hope you are well

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Looks like i was the only one around.

Anyway, 6 said hello and goodnight to 7 and all the people who come here.

*blows kisses from 6*


Goodnight

Anonymous said...

Goodnight sugarplum. Hey mj, just a quick hello before I sign off for the night.

Sweet dreams

elena said...

Hey Seven

Okay to be honest I'm not sure I can show BC where those books are because I've not familiarized myself all that well with your library. I tend to pick up a book and well, I get lost in it. Books are my escape. They always have been. When they don't do the trick then I write my own stories. I like to escape in the lives of the characters I create. Sometimes I think this is bad, other times I realize this is necessary. It keeps me sane. Well as sane as I can be.

Nice to see you around again. I do promise to try to become more knowledgeable of the books in your library. Books are truly such a big part of my life. Is that sad? Maybe it is but I've learned to accept it. Some were born to be main characters in stories and some will always be secondary characters. I have learned to accept what I am. I have learned to accept what I will always be. But you know what? Secondary characters can be quite interesting. They add color to a story. So there you have it, I am colorful.

Take care and hope to see you around, Seven.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello everybody I hope you are having a great weekend. I will see you later

Amyranth said...

*clomps in the backdoor*

*kicks off her dirt-caked shoes*

*leaves a trail of dirt behind her, up the stairs, down the hall and into the bathroom*

Amyranth said...

*saunters back downstairs, freshly showered*

Well, at least the garden looks good.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Looks Like missed everyone again. ave a goodnight

Amyranth said...

Aaaanybooody hooome?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hi amy how are you

Amyranth said...

Hey MJ!

I was just over at Mayo's ranting about Twilight. Other than that, watching my can sneeze his way across the room.

How about you?

Amyranth said...

*facepalm*

That should read "cat sneeze his way across the room."

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I am well nothing much with me going on

Martha Smith-Jones said...

lol

Anonymous said...

hi amy and mj

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello bc how are you

Anonymous said...

I'm doing okay mj, got a bit of a headache.

How are you doing?

Amyranth said...

Hey BC! Again!

I guess we're all kinda floating around tonight, huh?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I am well

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Killer robots should not be rated PG-13

Anonymous said...

Hallo Amy! Yeah, pretty much. I'm lurking on yahoo, at the same time reading the Heroin Diaries that I just picked up earlier at Barnes and Noble, while watching Home Improvement.

Amyranth said...

MJ, what killer robots?

BC, I haven't seen Home Improvement in years!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

The Terminators those killer robots

Anonymous said...

Yeah, really. Since when did Terminator became a PG-13 movie? All the previous films were rated R.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I just found Terminators porn

Amyranth said...

Oh, I remember reading about that!

Mister's not impressed either. I think they're trying to market it at children, again, of course. Much to the chagrin of all the rest of us, that will have to deal with a watered down version of a movie that could have been AWESOME.

Hollywood strikes again.

Amyranth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amyranth said...

*sighs*

Deletegate was me.

It's Rule 34. Porn of it, no exceptions.

Rule 38 kinda goes with it. Porn of it, probably in Japan.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

yes amy in know the rule but i Just looked up Terminators. and in google image there was a picture pf two Terminators doing it

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Well what ever the number I know it but it still is a surprise

Amyranth said...

LOL, It's always a shock. Especially when you're NOT googling anything remotely close to porn, and you hit Google Images and... there it is.

Surprise!

Anyway, I'm going to run. Have a good night MJ and BC!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight Amy

Anonymous said...

night amy

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I guess i will head off to bed as well.

BC you have a good night and i will see you later

Anonymous said...

goodnight mj

ergoproxy said...

hi all I'm home, had a great time, pics soon

have to unpack and have a sleep lol

talk to you soon!!

MissTottenham said...

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

I hope you had a great trip Ergo sweetie.

Wanna hear about an idiot?

I'm such an idiot. I've had a gym accident which has put my last week and half of training out the window. I was there on Friday and I was on the treadmill. I was listening to my MP3 and merrily jogging along nicely. Then suddenly my MP3 was ripped away from me. I still don't know what happened. I didn't catch it on anything and it was firmly in place. It was ripped away with such force and it is a mystery what happened. Anyway, I was like WTF! and in the second it took me to whip my head round to see what had happened, I went flying. I was dragged along on the treadmill and it took all the skin off my wrist and a huge chunk is missing from my thigh. I'm in so much pain, it is like a super serious burn. I look like I've been attacked my a shark. I am bruised all over, my elbow is cut bad but healing fast luckily. I am in my pj's most of the time cos I can't really walk. It's very bad.

Anyway, If it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to do the fitness test, I'll have to get a Dr's note. I'm sure they will let me postpone it. If only it would start to scab it'd be better. It's just an open weeping wound and I don't really know what to do for the best.

So, that's my woes.


Dunno if I'll be around later or resting. I'll say good evening to everyone now.

xxxxx

ergoproxy said...

hey missT I have said more at mayo s so I won't redo it. hope you heal up soon
those treadmills are lethal I think!
You have been to a doctor?
Keep it clean and rest all you can

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello everybody,

miss t my god get better soon.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight 7

Goodnight Everyone

Martha Smith-Jones said...

good morning

ergoproxy said...

hello!!

I'm off titoring but I'll be back in a few hours

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello

Amyranth said...

OMG, I just wanna curl up and DIE.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello Amy Why what happened

Amyranth said...

Found out a close friend has been diagnosed with Wegener's Disease.

On top of other things, mostly money and job related.

So, you know. The usual. I guess I just felt like doing an emo outburst though. Mister's not home to talk to about it.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

That is not being emo.

You know i am sick of the word emo. It is being over used and in the wrong way. I really dont think a guy in womens underwear with a ball gag in his mouth being beaten is emo. S&M yes emo no

Amyranth said...

I really dont think a guy in womens underwear with a ball gag in his mouth being beaten is emo. S&M yes emo no*dies laughing*

MJ, what do you DO when we're not around?!

I'm sure that's not emo either, even if he starts crying.

I always thought the term applied to people who whine about the little things in life, but they make them out to be SO. BAD.

Like the 14-year old whose mom just told him he needs to start paying for his own clothes, and he threatens to run away from home, or commit suicide or something.

To me, that's emo, but I've been wrong before.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Amy I watch a lot of anime when I am not around any of you. It was from a show DMC. It was in the fan sub. It really didn't fit and pissed me off. The guy wasn't even whining about it he liked i. Even thought he lost the woman he loved because of it.

Amyranth said...

I totally didn't take that as anime, that's for sure!

DMC? What's that stand for?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Detroit Metal City

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Or you could call it Detoroito Metaru Shiti. it is about a band

Amyranth said...

There we go!

I was like "DMC? Cross Stitch floss? There's BSDM is a movie about..."

I'll stop thinking now.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

lol

I think you should keep it up

Amyranth said...

I could be a spoof artist man, I could be a contenduh.

So what'd you do today?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

nothing nothing at all it was raining

Amyranth said...

We finally got some rain too. The last while has been rain mixed with snow, so to get pure rain for a change was really nice. The plants were super excited too.

How do I know? I DON'T! HA!

But, you know, they're plants and we anthropomorphize them like everything else.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

IT was raining here today as well

I have to go to the store.


Goodnight

Anonymous said...

hi amy, how are you doing? See you later mj

ergoproxy said...

hi MJ
hi BC

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello bc and ep how are you

ergoproxy said...

I'm good I have a student in a bit though

I got in as you went to the store

though before I tutored this morning I stopped in at a thrift store as I could see them unpacking new stuff, and I got 2 lovely mid one long sleeved shirts, a pair of denim 3/4 jeans and a pair of high black boots, not that I neeeeeded any of them really, but I will wear them, I had to chuck some of my shirts for winter this year, too old and starting to look it

how are you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I am well just listening to podcast

ergoproxy said...

nope student not coming!!
so I am not titoring

what podcast?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

It is like a radio talk show but anyone can do it. and than you post it on line where anyone who wants to can get it for free

Martha Smith-Jones said...

A podcast is a series of digital media files, usually digital audio or video, that is made available for download via web syndication. The syndication aspect of the delivery is what differentiates podcasts from other files that are accessed by simple download or by streaming: it means that special client software applications known as podcatchers (such as Apple Inc.'s iTunes or Nullsoft's Winamp) can automatically identify and retrieve new files when they are made available, by accessing a centrally-maintained web feed that lists all files associated with a particular podcast. The files thus automatically downloaded are then stored locally on the user's computer or other device, for offline use.

Like the term broadcast, podcast can refer either to the content itself or to the method by which the content is syndicated; the latter is also called podcasting. A podcaster is the person who creates the content.

ergoproxy said...

so you just listen to ones done by ordinary people or ones from TV shows?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

both

Martha Smith-Jones said...

If you have itunes it has a plac where you can get podcast

ergoproxy said...

I have gotten some, but I haven't really spent time looking, I should see what;s there

Martha Smith-Jones said...

you might find some really good ones

ergoproxy said...

do you just search a topic?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

yes you just search atopic or look at what they have featured

ergoproxy said...

cool, next time I will have a browse around. Are they free or do they cost? or does it depend...I suppose it would

Martha Smith-Jones said...

It depends most of the ones I get are free but I think there are some pay ones

I know that some ask for donations

There are a lot of aspiring writers on there.

ergoproxy said...

sounds like something I will hvae to do :]

Martha Smith-Jones said...

it is great a lot of good things on there

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I have to say good night I have to go out early in the morning

goodnight

Anonymous said...

I miss someone & have no way to tell them. :(

Just needed to get that out.

MissTottenham said...

Hiya guys, how are you all?

Thanks Ergo for the advice. I went to the doctors today and got a proper dressing, I have to go back monday to get it changed.

Not in so much pain but it's still looks like a shark attack.

MissTottenham said...

Anon, I hope getting that off your chest made you feel better.

Maybe you will find I way to tell that person soon. I hope so.

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

good to hear missT, hopefully it'll heal up well

anon, keep thinking, maybe you will come up with a way, they might be missing you to. Hope it works out

Original Punk L said...

Hey, eveyone!

Seven, thank you for asking about me, I am getting there, little by little. I hope you are doing ok. I haven't been here much, but I hope to change that soon!

Everyone, thank you so much for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I did hear and feel them. I don't think I would be here without them.

Miss T.!

What did you do? I hope you are feeling better. Bless you, that had to have hurt like crazy! Did you ever find out what happened to your MP3 that caused it to be torn away?

I wrote the following at my blog, but I thought I would post it here too. I will be going to my parents tomorrow through Sunday for Mother's Day, but I will be back around after that. I really, really miss you guys, and want to go camping with Ergo and to parties with B.C., watch anima with Martha, read a book with Elena, plant a garden with Amy, go to Jazz Fest with Wendy, give No One my grocery list, hide with Miss T. under her yellow knickers and hang out with the rest of you. I want to do it all, and I want to never look back.

Love you!
L.


GRATEFUL

I read back over my last post and realized my body must have known what was going on.

When I wrote what I did, I thought my biggest danger at the moment was from breast cancer. Turns out that was ok, the mass was benign.

But the hidden danger was far worse.

I had the flu back in Feb. and thought it had gotten better. Trouble was, the gunk that got into my lungs was so thick I wasn't coughing it out, so it stayed. I wasn't coughing, I wasn't running a high fever, so I never noticed that it was slowly but surely cutting off my breathes. I didn't notice that I couldn't take a deep breath, or that I was tired more often. The infection kept getting worse and worse, and eventually weakend my lungs to the breaking point.

Which is where they were on March 23rd when I finally did cough really hard, and tore a hole in them and blood started filling into my lungs.

I had J. call 911 because I knew something was REALLY wrong, but I didn't know what. Neither of us had any clue what had happened. Thank God the EMTs were there within five minutes. By the the time I was in the ambulance I had almost stopped breathing and passed out on the way to the hospital. From what I've been able to piece together, I nearly died then, when they brought me into the E.R. It was about 5 or 6 hours later before they would let J. see me, and they wouldn't tell her anything when she got there earlier. Since she is not family, they kept telling her they were still working on me. One of the nice ladies out front finally came over to her and told her that even though she really couldn't tell her details, to "just pray". J. asked them to tell her was I alive and they told her yes. So she waited.

Later that night I was in ICU and went into full R.A., shock, and blood pressure started bottoming out. I still have no idea what happened to set it off, but after working with me for a while the medical staff had done all they could do, and started calling my family that wasn't at the hospital and J. (who had gone back home for a bit) to come into the hospital, that they didn't expect me to make it through the night. The ICU nurses, sisters and staff formed a ring around my bed and said a prayer, since it was all they could do. J. called Elena, and she put the news on the blogs, and people began sending love, prayers, healing energy and anything they could toward that hospital bed. People who didn't know me at all in the ICU waiting lounge began to send them too. Within 3 hours I went from having a zero chance of survival to 50%.

I was kept in a medically induced coma for four days to let my body heal the tear in my lung and to keep me from going back into shock. I only have one small memory from the time I passed out in the ambulance until I woke up four days later with my parents and brother in my room. I remember waking up once and seeing the ceiling, and trying to take a breath. I could only manage a small one, and then I felt the venilator kick in (even though I didn't realize what it was then) and my lungs fill with air. I remember thinking "oh, good, something is helping me breathe" and then I went back to sleep. I was told I woke up at times, that I fought the medicine that was keeping me under. From what I have been told they had to do to my lungs, I am grateful I WAS kept under.

When I did fully wake up, it was almost impossible to move any part of my body. I couldn't raise my arms, my legs, nothing. They told me I would probably have to go to rehab for a while after I got out of the hospital, and that I would probably be in the hospital for at least 3 weeks. I kept working at my exercises, walking, moving, pushed it a little more each day. I got out of the hospital on the 12th day, and went to my parents for a month. A little over a week after I got out of the hospital I was off the walker, and using a cane. I even walked on my own for very short distances.

The heavy amount of antibiotics I had pumped into me (4 kinds by I.V., 24/7) caused a burn across parts of me where my body could not absorb it all and it seeped out through my skin. Parts of my skin will always be a little bit darker where that happened. Not too noticable though. I also developed a skin rash with blisters from the meds, the blood vessels were too overloaded. But it's almost completely gone now. The scars from the burn will be there, but I'm just glad to be able to have them!

Now I use a cane for when I go out and going up and down stairs is still hard. I tire easily, but it will be another month or so before I am back to par. I hear the stories from when I was out of it and I still shudder to realize just how close I came to dying. It put so many things into perspective. Things that seemed important a couple of months ago don't even register on the scale now. I am grateful for all the nurses, doctors, friends, family, strangers, everyone that helped me, that sent those prayers and wishes.

I have a second chance.

I want to make the most of it.

For all that left messages, I will write soon to each of you, and thank you so much for caring and for being here. It means so much to me, and I wanted to you to know that.

Hold each other. Let go of the things that don't matter. Love with all your heart.

Lisa

ergoproxy said...

hey Lisa what an incredible thing you went through! I am so glad you came out of it ok.
and by coincidence, I got your card this morning, and all I can say is you are so very welcome.
Just so glad you are still around to share it all with us, (and if you came over I would totally take you camping!)

MissTottenham said...

Just popping back in before bedtime.

Lisa, you can hide under my yellow pants with me any day sweetie.

Nope I dunno what happened to my MP3 player, it is still a mystery but it works OK, it's just me that doesn't haha!

I'm so glad that the lump was benign sweetie, at least that's something.

We were all so worried about you and are just so glad that you are back with us. That is one amazing story of recovery. You are one brave girl.

I hope you have a great time over mothers day.

Take care sweetie.


Nighty night Lisa and nighty night Ergo (haven't I seen you somewhere before hahaha!).

Nighty night blog xxxxxx

ergoproxy said...

missT! fancy meeting you here! lol

sweet dreams

resurrected wreck said...

Other than that, watching my can sneeze his way across the room.Hahahaha!! BRILLIANT.

ergoproxy said...

off to work

bye!!

Amyranth said...

*sniff sniff*

Was that RW?

He totally was. 33 times today, in a ROW!

We counted by tapping our feet on the floor and we were spooking him and he was trying to move away from the feet, but he kept sneezing... oh poor Merlot!

I think he has hayfever.

Or Cat Flu. I bet you I have it too.

Hey, did you guys hear? In Afghanistan, they quarantined the only pig in the country in case he had Swine Flu.

Carrie said...

Lisa, I'm glad you are ok. Thanks for telling your story. I get you on how little things are like, pffft, now. Every day is a gift, for real.

ergoproxy said...

Hi Amy
poor Merlot, but it is pretty funny
and poor pig!

hi Carrie

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello everybody,

i just wanted to stop in and say


good night

resurrected wreck said...

*sniff sniff*

Was that RW?


O_O

MissTottenham said...

Hi everyone, how are you?

I'm resting my leg tonight. I'm juts popping it to wish everyone a great weekend.

Nighty night xxxxx

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello everybody,

anyone home

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Good day to anyone about.

resurrected wreck said...

G'day :)

Amyranth said...

Hallo, anyone?

Everyone?

I think I pulled every muscle I own today.

resurrected wreck said...

:(

What did you do to yourself, A?

Anonymous said...

*gasps*

Is that RW I see? Nah, it couldn't be. Could it? ;p

*runs up and squeezes RW* Hiya!

Hallo Amy. How did you pull your muscles? ouch.

resurrected wreck said...

Hi, BC! :)

*squeeze*

How's things?

Anonymous said...

I'm doing alright, but my eye keeps twitching. It's annoying >_<

How are you doing? We were wondering if you disappeared :p

resurrected wreck said...

I'm still around :) Just haven't been doing too much blog-hopping lately.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello everybody. how are you?

resurrected wreck said...

Hiya, MJ! :)

I'm well, thanks. How are you today?

Anonymous said...

hey mj, how are you doing?

We still miss having you around RW :)

resurrected wreck said...

Thank you, BC :)

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I'm well i was doing yard work until 20 minutes ago

resurrected wreck said...

Sounds like you were busy!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I was but it was nice

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I think I killed the blog

resurrected wreck said...

I'm still here! I was just off looking at patterns.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I think we lost bc. what kind of pattern are you looking at

resurrected wreck said...

Vintage/Mod

Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm still here, doing some blog hopping.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

i thought that said bong hoping .

which one will you make rw

resurrected wreck said...

I would like to have a '60s Mod dress for the summer, MJ. Not sure if I will buy one or make one. Depends on what I can find at the shops in town.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

you have a talent i wish i had

resurrected wreck said...

The nice thing about Mod dresses is that they are very simple. They're just an A-line dress.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

simple or not I couldn't do it

resurrected wreck said...

It's not too hard a skill to learn. A Mod dress would be a good starting project. I made one in grade 8.

resurrected wreck said...

The sewing is easy. It's the trouble-shooting that takes experience and training.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I have tried sewing before. It wasn't pretty

resurrected wreck said...

Lol! Sounds like me & knitting.

Anonymous said...

Lol nope mj. I'm at mayo's talking about blow up dolls, spanking, sex, you know. The good stuff.

resurrected wreck said...

O_O

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Okay i read that as blowing up dolls.

blow up dolls are so ten years ago you need a real doll

resurrected wreck said...

Lol!

resurrected wreck said...

Anyway, I think I'm going to sign out now, MJ & BC. I wish you both a lovely evening :)

resurrected wreck said...

I leave you with a cutie.

He kind of reminds me of early Nick Rhodes.

Anonymous said...

lol.

Goodnight RW, sweet dreams!

Anonymous said...

Awww he's kinda adorable

resurrected wreck said...

That's Joshua Third, guitarist for The Horrors, the band I saw play a couple of nights ago.

Anyway, really off now... ta-ta! ^_^

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Took me forever to get this page to come back up.
Yes he does look like nick.

Well you have a goodnight RW.

BC I will brb

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Fuck i wanted that comment to post an hour ago. anyway I am back

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

monday of the last day of my work contract!! :]

Amyranth said...

Yay! Hooray for... Fall Vacation?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello everybody. How are you

ergoproxy said...

hi de ho!!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello

MissTottenham said...

Hiya girls, how is everyone?

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's diagnosis sweetie. I hope they will be OK.



Last night online for a week. I'm off to London on weds to see the police occupational health. I can have my fitness test rescheduled but I have to see their nurses to see when I will be fit to do it.

Catch you guys around soon I hope.

xxxxx

Amyranth said...

Anybody here?

Amyranth said...

Hm..

*heads into the kitchen and pulls out flour, sugar, eggs, milk, cocoa and some chocolate chunks*

*flips the LOW setting on the mixer and adds in her ingredients*

*puts in a tbsp of baking powder*

*pours into 2 rectangular pans*

*pops into preheated oven*

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello Amy how are you

Amyranth said...

Hey MJ!

Just baking a cake. How about you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I am going out to eat apparently so I will have to talk to you late

Martha Smith-Jones said...

just found out about going out to eat. other than that I am well

Amyranth said...

Yummm... I'm going out for lunch tommorrow, with myself.

Sure beats cooking.

*PING*

*goes to grab the cake out of the oven*

Martha Smith-Jones said...

save me some cake

Martha Smith-Jones said...

goodnight

Amyranth said...

*slips back in*

*smears strawberry puree between the two layers*

*ices it with a fudge chocolate icing*

*puts it under lock and key*

ergoproxy said...

*searches around for key*

Anon616 said...

*walks in the through kitchen door*

*trips over something*

OUCH!!!!

*realizes it's Ergo*

Ooops, sorry Ergo; but, you shouldn't be crawling around on the floor like that! Whatcha looking for down there? Did you find NO's tracks????
;)

*is thankful she put her cake down before tripping over Ergo*

Hello Seven, Martha, Amy, Ergo, Sweetcheeks, NO, MissT, RW... everyone!!!!

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!~

Ooops again. Forgot everyone (except Ergo) is sleeeeping....

*tells self "shhhhh"*

Two cakes are better than one, I always say!
;)

~*quietly enters the den and hangs birthday banner*~

I'll be back later with some special punch and presents!

Until then: Have a great day, everyone (or, goodnight and sweet dreams to one and all)!!!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Martha Smith-Jones said...

So it's Amy's b day happy bday amy. why are you making our own cake?

No One where are you?

Now I am off to watch more firefly

Amyranth said...

*comes downstairs, unlocks cake*

Thanks for the wishes girls, and Wendy, thank you for the Sailor Moon cake! I love it!

I made the Chocolate-Strawberry cake last night because I had leftover strawberries, but no angel food cake, and I gotta use them up somehow!

*slips out the back door*

ergoproxy said...

*haz been searching for key all night*

*crawls off to get coffee*

*and ice pack for bruise after wendy tripped over me*

resurrected wreck said...

Is it A's birfday??

Happy Birfday, A!!!!!!! ^_^

resurrected wreck said...

*looks up*

Hullo, Anon616! ^_^

Hullo & good evening, everyone, I am off for the night :)

Anon616 said...

*has moved on from Led Zep (for now) and comes in singing a different tune*

~Slow ride, take it easy
Slow ride, take it easy
Slow down, go down
I gotta get your lovin' more time...
~

I heart Adam and Allison! They totally sang "HO RIDE"!!!!! I love it!

Hello Seven, NO, Martha, RW, Amy, Ergo, everyone!!!!

Is the guest of honor here yet? I want cake!!!!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Amy.

Hey to anyone here.

ergoproxy said...

hellooooo!

happy birthday Amy!

Amyranth said...

*pokes her head in*

RW!! Thank you for the birfday wishes! I hope you've been well lately, I don't see you around anymore!

Have a good rest of the week, if I don't catch up with you again!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

happy b day amy i hope it was a great one

Martha Smith-Jones said...

looks like no one is home.

Well I will say goodnight

I hope to see you all tonight

resurrected wreck said...

Morning :)

resurrected wreck said...

New page!!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 509   Newer› Newest»