Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

We carefully unwrap each box
Cellophane and ribbon falling to the ground
Dropped carelessly from too impatient fingers
The lid flung across a makeshift room
There is a paper within
One that tells us exactly what is in each place
We pay it no mind
Surprise will make them even more satisfying
Until we bite
It's too late to spit it out

A place to find the (piece, peace) that is missing

Amended

A blanket Hello to all that come to wander these halls
You may feel free to choose a room

274 comments:

1 – 200 of 274   Newer›   Newest»
miranth said...

Aw, that is 'sweet' Pun intended!

:)

(Oh and you can spit it out if you need to. - Again, pun intended :D)

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Looks like it is only Miranth and I who took a (piece, peace.

May I ask you some questions? I will just put them up and you can answer them if you want.


Do we know you?

Why do this now? The fight has been going on for a while.

Will you be coming in to talk to the people here or will you play the part of the unknown blogger as well?

there has just been so much shit going down related to the unknown bloggers that i would like to know what I am getting myself into by coming here.

Jennicula said...

Hi there. I hate to barge in and start writing as if I knew you, but your post made me do it.

When my family would get a box of candy, my mother would toss the chocolate “key” on purpose. She said that if we knew where our favorites were, we would never try anything new. In a way she was right. That did not stop my brother from finding his favorites. He used to poke his pinky through the bottoms of the candies until he found the ones he wanted. He put all the unwanted goodies back in their spots and you would never know they had been violated until you picked one up and turned it over. There were many times I would grab a beautiful little chocolate with squiggles on top, only to find a hole in the bottom of it.

Seven said...

Miranth and Martha Jones, I welcome you.

Martha Jones, I do not blame you for needing answers to very relevant questions.

I am only someone who realized there needed to be a home to speak with friends, share their views in a place where common decency is encouraged and rudeness is not tolerated.

The anonymous function will remain for those who do not wish to reveal themselves.

No statcounter is here.

I intend to be a part of this blog, though time constraints will keep me from being here often. I will read your words, all the words of people who choose to come here and speak with you when I post, when time allows or when situations require my attention.

In return, I hope to gain wisdom and insight from the strong and intelligent people who may gather here.

My welcome extends to the arriving.

Seven said...

Hello, Jennicula. That was a common practice in our home as well.

It reminds us that even if the wrapper is beautiful, you have to break the outer shell to discover what lies beneath.

I welcome you, and wish you a good day.

Jennicula said...

Did your sister lick the real pretty ones too? Because that's what my sister did.

I'm glad you didn't mind me stopping by.

I'll do it again.

Jennicula said...

BTW - where did you get your blog name from?

elena said...

Hello

Nice to meet you.

ergoproxy said...

hello seven, interesting to meet you

I have to confess I am the opposite, I always look at the list of chocolates, I don't really like not knowing what to expect, I am not really a risk taker, however it is still true that you don't know what you are going to end up with,, even if you think you do. There are far too many variables aren't there?

Anonymous said...

Thank you seven. It's very nice of you to provide treats for your guests. A great way to introduce yourself. I took a milk chocolate piece. I don't like that dark chocolate.
;)
Mine had cherry filling. Delicious.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello once again Seven and hello o everyone who is or was here.

Thank you for answering my questions Seven. I hope that I will be spending a lot of time here and that I get to speak with you as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

Is this a safe haven from the other group?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Anon I think this place is whatever we make it.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Morning

miranth said...

ergo - I think we have that in common, at least when it comes to chocolates! I will take other kinds of risks, but I am serious about my chocolate! :D

Martha - Well put ^, again.

Seven - Thank you for the welcome! It was very kind of you to put this place at our disposal. I appreciate the gesture and will try to visit often.

Thank you :)

miranth said...

Hi martha! I can't stay, but it is good to see you here :) And I've enjoyed reading your words today.

I run on and on and don't make my point, but you put things so succinctly that I wish I had such eloquence and I feel exactly what you mean each time.

:)

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Good Afternoon I am checking to see if anyone is around.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

And you can call me Martha or mj if you like seven and anyone else here.

Seven said...

I welcome all who have found their way here. I assure you ALL that are here will be appreciated and read. I do not know some of you now, but I will learn.

Jennicula, no, only the identity of each piece was found, as far as I know. I may have been guilty of biting off part and putting it back in the container, though. Shhh.

As for my name, that I'm afraid I cannot say, but I do have a reason. I thank you for asking, and I hope you understand.

It is nice to meet you too, elena. Your reputation proceeds you. I do mean that in a good way.

ergoproxy, yes, far too many. I must confess I have been grappling with that idea myself for a very long time. It is good to have you here.

8:49 Anonymous, you are welcome. Take as many as you like. In this home there are many boxes of chocolate waiting to be found.

Martha Jones, I am glad you feel welcome here. I am aware of issues you have faced in other domains. I will be honored to call you mj.

10:12 Anonymous, mj is correct. This home is to be built by all that enter. I will be here to help with the construction, and will take care of problems that arise. This home is open to ALL but certain behaviors will not be tolerated. Respect is very important to me and I assume to everyone here.

It is good to see you returning, miranth. I am glad you feel comfortable here. You are welcome.

I am afraid I must go for now. I will return soon. I wish to find a time I can speak with all of you.

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

seven you are a very gracious host.

anyone about?

elena said...

Hello again Seven

Oh I have a reputation? LOL
Well if it's good as you said then I'm down with that.

Hope you're having a good day. Mine was pretty nice. I just spent the day wanderng around looking for books. I love doing that.

ergoproxy said...

hi elena, you had one hell of a night!!

seven are you 7 as you're neutral? (feel free to ignore the scientist that leaps out of me at times lol) just seemed appropriate :]

elena said...

Hey Ergo

Good to see you. Yeah my night was really something. I still can't get the daughter to admit why she took the cover of the heat vent off.

ergoproxy said...

ummm to see if a kitten fitted? lol

Jennicula said...

That's cool about your name. I totally get the personal/privacy thing.

I grew up on See's candies. My favorite was the chocolate carmel lollipop. I would hide them so that nobody else would get them. They were the best and lasted a long time.

As an adult, I still have a chocolate addiction, but I'm willing to share now.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Looks like I missed everyone. I will have to try and catch you later.

miranth said...

Hey, anyone here?

Just watched LOST. Am so very happy!!! The writers out-do themselves every time.

:)))

I will check back, later. I am looking some things up cause I can't remember everything. I do remember when someone named a character Frogurt - and the writers added the message board joke to the show. They are to cool for words.

:D

Amyranth said...

*wraps herself in a blanket and wanders off*

miranth said...

Are you cozy Amy?

:)

ergoproxy said...

hi miranth
Hiya amy

hows things? I am happily getting my iPod sorted :]

Carrie said...

Come back Amy, come back! And Ergo, I love the ripping of the music and the adding of the artwork and such. And also, hi to Seven, thanks for the space.

miranth said...

Hi ergo! Hi carrie!:)

Hopping back and forth...

I hope you are both well?

Where did Amy go? *Peeks in different rooms"

ergoproxy said...

hi carrie!

I am proud I figured it out all by myself *feels very chuffed*

Carrie said...

You should be totally chuffed! I still can't figure out how to use mine half the time. And hi Miranth! I was poking around for Amy too. :)

ergoproxy said...

I'm sure it does 6 million things I'm not aware of though, as long as I can get music on it & it plays I'm happy!

Anon616 said...

A very early good morning to you Seven! Also to: Ergo, Sweetcheeks, Miranth, Martha, Amy, Carrie and Jenn! An additional good morning to any lurkers and anons (I'm certain they are here... somewhere)!

Ohhhhh.... chocolate! I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!! That was very considerate of you, Seven! Thank you!

So, how do feel about trimming the nail of that middle finger? Or, the index finger?

*blushes and apologizes*

Sorry! That was my round about way of trying to discover if you liked Bukowski; cause, I certainly do!!!! I suppose I should just ask in the future, huh?
;)

*pops another chocolate in her mouth as she heads out for the morning call...
for yet more chocolate*

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

HI PJ (if she is lucky enough to find this place)!

Anon616 said...

*runs back in*

Amy: I shall bring some hot chocolate back for you! With Grand Marnier, even!!!!!!

Anon616 said...

*runs back in once more*

I could make a joke, some might consider in poor taste, about who came first... six or seven?

But, I won't! No, I won't!


Besides, I think we ALL know the answer! I did!!! And, I'm not too proud to admit it.

;)

ergoproxy said...

now I'm into my 70's 80's one hit wonder type compilations, I have a *cough* few
and I took the covers outside to takes pics so I can put artwork in

anyone for
99 Luft Balloons? (or the english?)
Key Largo?
Love Hurts?
I Ran?
Fade to Grey?

or the absolute classic Agadoo?

miranth said...

Hi ergo! - Thank you, I now have 'I ran, I ran so far away' repeating endlessly in my head :) I think the next line is I couldn't get away, but I don't recall the rest :(

Hi Wendy - Thanks for the mail! I will respond soon. How do you lose a hot pink phone??? :)

I may fall asleep soon, so if I don't get back, goodnight everybody!

And thank you again Seven. :)

ergoproxy said...

and I raaaaan
I ran so far away
I just raaaan
I ran all night and day
I couldn't get away


mine is aaah AAAH we fade to grey, fade to grey,
Devenir gris



goodnight miranth, sweet dreams

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I have bad timing. I keep missing everyone.

ergoproxy said...

Hi MJ!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello Ep

ergoproxy said...

I won't be about too long, hubby just got home and I'll be making dinner soon but
did you have a nice day?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

it was alright how about you

ergoproxy said...

pretty good except for a lightning strike very close to the house!
I've been ripping CD's, playing computer games with my girl, watching tv..nothing uber exciting

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Well as long a you had fun

ergoproxy said...

Oh wow!
Proof people that do compilations may not appreciate the music!

I am ripping a CD called "All time Greatest Number One Hits"
now it's a 2cd set, one CD comes up as "All time....etc" and the other?

"Mixed Shit 26"!

I KID YOU NOT!

ROFLMAO!!

Martha Smith-Jones said...

sounds like you are having fun

ergoproxy said...

I'm off to have dinner, catch you later!

xx

Martha Smith-Jones said...

night EP

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Morning over here

MissTottenham said...

Hello guys. Hello Seven.

I am still snotty with flu but will be back to being an online monster after the weekend. I hope I can join in here when I get back.

Off to catch up on sleep now.

xx

ergoproxy said...

mornin'!
Hi MJ
Hi missT
HI seven (or can we all you 7?)

missT hope it clears super fast, hope to catch you for a chat soon

ergoproxy said...

I have a new blog if anyone would like to have a look at my birds. ;]

ergoproxy said...

that wasn't mean to to be a wink!

it's not like "birds" is a euphemism, it really is birds, the tweety feathered kind


:]

Amyranth said...

*is cosy*

Hey guys!

I just thought, since Seven was being so kind and lending out blankets that I'd snag one and wander here for a bit.

Maybe check out some rooms.

What did everyone else find so far?

ergoproxy said...

I haven't ventured far yet amy, it's a cosy spot

you want some mango?

Seven said...

Hello to all that have wandered into this home. It is good to see those returning and those who are tentatively peeking around the front door.

Amyranth, you are welcome to take as many blankets as you like. There are many more in the hallway closets. It is nice to have you here.

Carrie, you are welcome. A pleasure to meet you.

Anon616, I have heard of Bukowski but I have yet to read his work. You have given me an idea for my next reading material.

As for which came first, you are correct. Though, we will walk through this house together, if you will allow me.

MissTottenham. I hope you are resting and drinking plenty of fluids. Amyranth will show you where the extra blankets are if you need one. Feel better soon.

MJ, miranth, elena, ergoproxy, I am glad you decided to visit again. I have built a fire in the fireplace of the main room. A cozy place for conversation and warm drinks with friends.

I will be away for a day or two. Please wander about as you wish.

ergoproxy said...

hello seven

hope your days away are pleasant for you

Martha Smith-Jones said...

* walks in with a big futon and blanket. Throws futon down in front of fire place hops onto of it and pulls blanket over. Will now try to finish watching yakitate Ja pan*

ergoproxy said...

*brings MJ over a plate of snickerdoodles*

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Thank you ep

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Oh wait Toradora 16 is out. I will be watching that I love Toradora, I love Taiga. She is so bad she is good.

ergoproxy said...

I am so appalled by what is going on at mayo's

ergoproxy said...

I really must look for some of these you mention, I just get so little time to watch it
I love how you love it so much

ergoproxy said...

oh MJ not appalled at you and the anons you are discussing with, the other name posting and stuff, hasn't enough gone on, does it have to sink lower?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Ep I was away I had to restart my computer.

I think you would like yakitate Ja pan it's about making bread

Martha Smith-Jones said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rs-9D-xJ_g that is the ending of Yj it's ending #2

ergoproxy said...

oh I'll have to look it up
thank you

I'm off to make dinner and stuff
see you tomorrow :]

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Goodnight Ep

elena said...

Seven

Thanks for the offer to stay and enjoy the fireplace. Hope it's okay that I brought along some books. I can't ever be without a book for long. Oh and I brought my pen and paper. So if it's okay I'll just find an out-of-the-way place and read and write. I'm usually pretty quiet and I don't take up much space.

Hope the next few days are good ones for you. I’ll keep the fire going I’ve had lots of practice with that.

miranth said...

Hi MJ and elena :)

Can't even speak over in the other place. It wouldn't be heard with the crap over there.

But, I am cozy over here in the overstuffed recliner. Don't mind me. I am just watching Agatha Christie online.

Very warm and sleepy.
*yawns*

ergoproxy said...

hi elena miranth and MJ if you're still here, I've had dinner and I'm going to go say goodnight to Mayo and SS, then I'll be back to curl up on that little two seater couch over there and have a nap until my morning.

ergoproxy said...

*gathers emerald green and midnight blue patchwork quilt from linen closet*

*and soft satin pillow*

*places pillow against arm of couch*

*lies down and arranges quilt*


goodnight all!


*closes eyes*

Seven said...

Before I leave I must make a humble apology to Jennicula. In my haste of packing last evening I did not welcome you back to this home.

Please accept a large box of unlicked, unbroken Godiva chocolates for my mistake.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

*looks up from watching Toradora*

Morning seven I hope you have a nice day. :)

Original Punk J said...

Hmm. Well, why not befriend a number? The last new blogger was a plant. ;D

Hi Seven, did you know that's one of my lucky numbers? Or maybe it's just a favorite. Either way, it's all good.

Hi everyone else! Haven't talked to most of you in a while. How's everyone doing? I'm ok. Been in self-imposed exile for a while. I'm thinking, though, it's almost time to come out.

Oh shoot, I see I've missed our host. Gone for a couple days? Well, I'll just catch up with you then. :D

ergoproxy said...

*opens eyes*

*yawns*

*stretches*

morning everyone

*wanders off to have coffee and muesli, which I have picked all the sultanas and currents out of as I hate them*

(NB: seriously I do pick them all out, empty the pack into a bowl and kick those suckers to the curb - or into hubby's)

Original Punk L said...

Hello?

Anyone home?

*Looks around place, sees the fire burning and the comfy chairs*

You have a really nice home, Seven. I hope you don't mind me crashing on one of the couches with a cup of coffee. As long as there is coffee, I'm good. :)

Thank you for a place to visit with friends.

There's chocolate too, right?

Original Punk L said...

Hey to everyone else! Ergo, I pick out the raisens every time. Christmas pudding doesn't stand a chance! But I do love the rest of it. :)

Amyranth said...

*trumbles back downstairs*

Wow, guys, this place is HUGE!

And hallo L, J, Ergo, Martha, Jennicula, MJ, Mira, MissT, and anyone else who might be lurking.

Heeeyyy... is that a box of Turtles? Does anyone else want one?

Amyranth said...

And Elena.

Sassafras. :P

Original Punk L said...

Hey, Amy! Are you still here? I was under the blanket on one of the couches. I have my coffee and my Thin Mint cookies.

Man, it don't get no better than this!

ergoproxy said...

ellooo!

Original Punk L said...

Hey, Ergo! How are you? J. told me about this place and I came over to find coffee, chocolate and fluffy blankets. YAY!

ergoproxy said...

I'm about to have some lunch and it's going to be muesli which I never actually got around to having earlier! lol

and J lovely to find another raisin hater!
Why is it every remotely healthy cereal has to have them in it?
Even if it says "mixed berry? or "apricot and almond" or "honey, peach and hazelnut" or some such thing it ALWAYS HAS SULTANAS IN IT!!??!!!!

ergoproxy said...

oops L, I read too fast!

ergoproxy said...

and Amy you still here?
I am very curious about why there is a box of turtles and why we would want one, except as a pet

Original Punk L said...

It's an unwritten rule, Ergo.

"THOU MUST HAVE SULTANAS, EVEN IF IT IS MEATLOAF!"

Ruins a lot of good dishes if you ask me. I love bread pudding, but I leave all the raisins on the plate!

Original Punk L said...

Ergo, have you ever seen the crunchy frog bit from Monty Python? It came to mind when you mentioned the box of turtles. I imagine they are only the finest turtles cleansed in spring water.

ergoproxy said...

oh yes!!

that is one of the best sketches, the Whizzo Quality Assortment!!

and Ram's Bladder Cup

Original Punk L said...

Don't let Wendy read that. She will grab her turtle and yell, "NOOOOOOO!"

That skit was so good. Which piece had the steel spike surprise?

ergoproxy said...

L here is the script

orangecow/pythonet

a great resource of MP sketch lovers

Amyranth said...

Hallo!

Ergo, Turtles are a chocolate over here. It's a caramel center, with pecans clustered around it, and dipped in chocolate. They are something else, that's for sure.

Don't they haven them in the States too? They can't be a strictly Canadian thing.

ergoproxy said...

do you have a picture of it amy? we don't have them over here, but it might be like somthing

Original Punk L said...

Thanks Ergo! Handy thing to have.

Amy, hey! We do have Turtles here, just the chocolate ones you described, not the ones Ergo and I have been talking about! :)

I am now back at my original place of residence, at the Bollocks blog. I put up a new post and added the pic from RHPS below J.'s.

How are you doing?

Amyranth said...

L, I'm not too bad. Mister was holding out on me, but I managed to snag two turtles from him. He's awesome. :D

Ergo, a picture of delicious chocolates? Now you know what I keep in the folder marked "xxx" on my desktop! Ha!

Ooo! I love Turtles!

Original Punk L said...

MMMM, Turtles...

That was very kind (and smart) of Mister to give up the Turtles. They are really good.

I hate to go, but I have to feed the bunnies and my shoulder is staring to hurt. I'll talk to you guys later though.

Have a great night!

Seven,

Goodnight and sweet dreams to you.

L.

Amyranth said...

Night L, see you on a later rotation!

So Ergo, did you save any mango?

ergoproxy said...

oooh they do look yummy

we don't have them here but some handmade choc places do a similar sort of caramel nut cluster thing

see you L take care of that shoulder and give the bunnies a pat for me xx

ergoproxy said...

we stoll have some, and that reminds me I was going to eat, i keep forgetting!

ergoproxy said...

stoll = still

Amyranth said...

I just finished my supper. It was supposed to be Chicken Parmigiana, but I had no Parmesan. So it become Chicken Mozzarella.

Not bad, but I prefer the Parmigiana.

ergoproxy said...

yeah it wouldn't be the same

gotta go rain coming again, it's daily!
i'll be back

Amyranth said...

*hangs a sign on her chair*

Gone for a bit. Be back when I get here.

Amyranth said...

*shuffles in*

*takes down sign*

*sips mug of hot chocolate*

ergoproxy said...

I iz back but for how long depends on this stupid weather

Amyranth said...

I iz here.

You haz mangoe?

ergoproxy said...

I do haz mango!!

*hands over plate with mango cheeks cut like little squares and pushed out*

Martha Smith-Jones said...

*Wakes up, takes a look around and sees that the ops have been here but are asleep now.*

Fuck I always miss everyone here.

*goes back to sleeping*

miranth said...

Good night Martha. :)

Just stopping by. I am recovering from a stuffy head cold, so I am tired all of the time.

Seven - this new home is very cozy! Thank you again.

*Pops in another chocolate* Mmmmm hazelnut :)

Amyranth said...

NOM NOM MANGO!

Hallo Mira! How have you been?

ergoproxy said...

Hi miranth! hope you're well and your niece too

ergoproxy said...

I mean well - part from the headcold which I hope gets better really soon

Amyranth said...

*yawns*

Goodnight everyone, I'm gonna shuffle off to bed.

See you later!

ergoproxy said...

goodnight Amy sweet dreams

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Good morning

Martha Smith-Jones said...

It looks like I am the only one awake i guess I'll watch soul eater than

Amyranth said...

Good Morning everyone!

I have leftover pasta if anyone wants it!

elena said...

Hello Seven and everyone else.

I'm just sitting quietly reading my book. I love stories of true hauntings. Soon sadly I must leave to go to work. But I'll be back. I like it here. It's cozy.

Have a great day.

gnothi seauton said...

Writes on frosty window...

If my favourite flavour is coffee, yet I don't like coffee, what does that say about me?

Posts calling card through door as way of polite introduction

Amyranth said...

Gnothi, I don't like liquid coffee, but I love coffee beans.

And there is a chocolate here that I can get called a Mochacinno that is topped off with a coffee bean. It is delicious.

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

I never used to like coffee at all until I shared a house at 22 for 6 months with a guy who drank it constantly then when he moved I missed the smell really badly, it was so strange!!
Then I started drinking it, but I still have it quite sweet and only one or two cups a day

Amyranth said...

Hallo Ergo!

The coffee shop chain here makes a really good Cafe Mocha, which is hot chocolate, coffee and whipped topping. I can't drink coffee otherwise, not even if I'm hungover.

Amyranth said...

I get the cupcakes ready, and I'm being prodded to get the potato skins in the oven.

Born to cook. That's me.

*sits under her Hello Blanket*

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello again . I was watching soul eater now I am watching house.

ergoproxy said...

Hi MJ!

I'm watching Looney Tunes

Amyranth said...

Hiya Martha!

I'm listening to Destroyed in Seconds. Not really watching.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I will be watching SVU next

Amyranth said...

I haven't watched SVU in a long time. I got hooked on First 48 instead.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

They didn't show SVU they are showing ice skating.

Amyranth said...

Urgh.

Ice skating? I did a bit of that today. The streets are solid ice because the city won't clear them. They wait for a warm weather Chinook to flow through, which only melts part of it, then a blast of cold weather freezes it stiff again.

And it's bloody Ice Capades out there. :B

Martha Smith-Jones said...

i want to lol but that could be bad

Amyranth said...

MJ, I got LOLed at already, when I did the Dance of Joy across the parking lot on the way to work :P

ergoproxy said...

I'm back from the creek, it was really cold but I got in s l o w l y the it was actually really nice

Amy you get destryed in Sedconds too? I love those type of show, Air Crash Investigation, and Seismic Seconds and all that

MJ I've watched SVU too, it's good, finding out it was ice skating instead would have been a disappointment

Amyranth said...

Ergo, you said you get Discovery Channel, right? I don't think they differ too much from Cable to Satellite. The only thing I can think of that we get that you might not is Canada's Worst Driver.

They don't wanna scare you Aussies by showing it there.

ergoproxy said...

LOL we get enough of those shows! Australias n zealands, america's lol

are you in "Shark" specials at the moment

Amyranth said...

Not that I know of, but I usually only turn to DC for Mythbusters.

I love those boys.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Alright than Amy LOL.

skating was a disappointment

Martha Smith-Jones said...

It has been a while since I've seen myth busters

ergoproxy said...

Mythbusters are great! I love watching them

elena said...

Hey everyone

I'm gonna go curl up in the corner and read until I fall asleep. My brain is very tired.

Take care

Oh and Seven, if you need to sweep the floor just give me a kick and I'll move.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I love them as well and they film here in the bay area.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

*takes out dust buster and cleans around my area.*

ergoproxy said...

hey elena!

hope you enjoy your book, is it the haunting one still?

mythbusters film near you MJ? wow how awesome
I'd love to meet them

*looks at crumbs*

*wonders if we can invite the dustkin over?*

Martha Smith-Jones said...

You think I would have sen them at some point but I don't go to the exact areas that they shoot at

ergoproxy said...

the new Dr Who series is on!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

off to watch it :D

:D :D :D :D

ergoproxy said...

ah well it was the Christmas episode then they are repeating so the new ones can't be too far off

ergoproxy said...

*unfolds quilt*

*plumps pillow*

*settles down in couch*

g'nite all

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Later no matter what I keep missing People. Oh well I will just go back to my futon and watch more anime.

Goodnight

Martha Smith-Jones said...

morning to everyone here

elena said...

Morning Martha and anyone else about...

Uh Seven, the floor is nice and warm but a bit hard. I'm gonna bring over some nice fluffy floor pillows, okay?

Have a great day everyone.

ergoproxy said...

Gidday all!!
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!

:]

Martha Smith-Jones said...

yo o over here.

ergoproxy said...

Hi MJ :]

Anonymous said...

Can we guess who Seven is or is that rude?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello once again. I can't say if that is rude or not. 7 will have to tell you.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

*looks around, sees that no one is around. walks over to my futon pulls blanket up and starts watching soul eater*

Carrie said...

I am soo not guessing at anononymous bloggers anymore, I am just rolling with blogland, however it washes over me. And can I hang a Sweeney Todd poster in here?

Amyranth said...

*drags a cardboard box in with her*

Hallo!

*starts unpacking blankets, books, teacups, DVDs, CDs, pillows, and cereal.*

Carrie said...

What kind of cereal? You got any peanut butter Cap'n Crunch in there?

Carrie said...

Night!

Amyranth said...

*shuffles the boxes of cereal in the cupboard*

I think so.. but it's waaay in the back now.

*pours herself a bowl of Froot Loops and climbs into the chair with her Hello Blanket*

Anonymous said...

Hi Seven. We might need more chocolates. We're some hungry women.
;)

Anonymous said...

*starts helping amy unpack*

It does work up an appetite.

Amyranth said...

It does, doesn't it?

I brought tons of cereal. I'm on a sugary grain kick lately, I'm afraid. There should be fresh milk in the fridge.

I'm going to sneak off to bed. I'll see everyone later! Goodnight!

miranth said...

Hi Amy, how are you doing? Its still pretty damn cold, I know! :/

Carrie - I literally just bought some peanut butter Cap'n Crunch at Meijer. :) And some Corn Pops! We should be good for a while :D

Mmmmm cruchy sweet goodness...

miranth said...

Oops, missed Amy :(

Good night and sweet dreams AMy :)

ergoproxy said...

*sneaks in after BBQ*

*looks in cupboard*

*makes little space for sultana free muesli*

*tiptoes to couch*

*snuggles down head on pillow, under blue and green quilt*

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

MissTottenham said...

Hi everyone.

Hi Seven, thank you for your words. Plenty of fluids have eventually done the trick.

I am feeling much better and looking forward to chatting with all you guys later this evening.

I've so missed chatting with everyone. Illness sucks.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Good afternoon

Jennicula said...

Seven, no need for apologies. Thanks for the chocolate anyway. You can’t go wrong with Godiva. :) FYI, Trader Joe’s has phenom chocolate that is not expensive and very yummy. Melts great and goes well with Madelines.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Hello Jen please give the name of the chocolates.

Jennicula said...

It's just the Trader Joes brand I think.

I'll have to check. I know they keep it by the freezer section. They are sold in 1 pound bars and are in milk, dark, toffee, almond, and walnut.

I just go with the milk.

Jennicula said...

MJ - I just checked. It's actually Trader Joe's brand. I think it's about $3.00 a bar.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Thank you very much Jen. How have you been

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I guess I missed you

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Seven, I was just wondering if you could tell us a little about your self. No great detail is need. But what are the things you like and don't like.

By the way thank you for the warm place to watch my anime. I really should talk more but I am feeling a bit disconnected from people.

Yeah I do go to VV's and talk up a storm , I've been at mayo's laying down the law according to me but that isn't the same as what I used to do. Just talk.

Anyway I hope to see you later. Maybe I will actually catch some of you and stay long enough to talk.

MissTottenham said...

Hi!

Anyone around wanting to chat?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Miss t I am here

MissTottenham said...

Hiya MJ sweetie, how are you?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

I am okay how are you

MissTottenham said...

Feeling much better thanks.

Just got a slow computer at the mo cos I'm downloading some DVD coverter.

Sorry if i don't answer straight away.

MissTottenham said...

converter even.

What you up to then?

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Sitting on my futon watching anime over here at 7's. But I have ventured out a bit. what have you been up to besides sick

MissTottenham said...

I have literally just been watching TV and lounging and waiting to be well enough to get online in the evening when you guys are on.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

We have been doing similar things but I ended up falling a sleep and not talking to anyone.

MissTottenham said...

Oh beloved sleep.

I had to wait until i was well enough to sleep.

I couldn't sleep while i was coughing. It was awful.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

Sorry to hear that. All I have been doing is sleeping lot. Way to much I need to be cleaning

MissTottenham said...

Yeah but sleeping beat the ass off cleaning.

I believe that humans were meant to hibernate when it gets too cold. But we lost the talent somewhere along the way.

Prob when they invented central heating.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

well than i have been hibernating even when it was hot

ergoproxy said...

morning Mj , missT

Martha Smith-Jones said...

hello ep how are you

MissTottenham said...

Hiya ergo sweetie, how are you?


Hibernating sounds cool to me MJ.

ergoproxy said...

pretty good thanks
it's back to school day today so I'm packing all my girls gear up ready to hit year 2

how are you both, glad your cold is better missT
and MJ I read from mayo's I do hope something good can happen with the person you mentioned, what a difficult situation

MissTottenham said...

Thanks Ergo, I thought I was never gonna get better.


Back to school eh? I miss school. I miss being little.

My sis of course would say that I am still little. That is her daft joke just cos I am a few millimeters smaller than her, I am a midget in her eyes.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let a few of you know I was thinking of you. The rest of you can and should ignore me.

Martha Smith-Jones said...

We had a fight thinks are a bit better and i am manipulating them into taking their meds.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 274   Newer› Newest»